What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

18738758_2185444381507906_5841938233717407528_o.jpg

I think the B version has green side panels by the cockpit area
yes but the pic posted above shows green panels between wings, thats new to me. If it is the second B model then it makes sense but the damn canopy is not visible. keep guessing ..

I think it is the second B model, notice difference of shade of green in both aircraft. The blk-2 has light green panels whereas the B ones carry a darker shade.

JF-17B-JF-17bl2.jpg

Update:

The Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) has completed the development
external.png
of an air-cooled active electronically-scanned array (AESA) radar that it will now propose as a possible solution to the Pakistan Air Force’s (PAF) JF-17 Block-III’s AESA fighter requirement. Design and development of the radar was conducted by AVIC’s 607 Institute, officially known as the China Leihua Electronic Technology Research Institute (LETRI), and have already developed the SD-10 beyond visual-range active radar-homing air-to-air missile for the PAF. The institute’s announcement on the Chinese micro-blogging site WeChat, stated that the AESA radar will help offset the internal space and power limitations of many in-service fighters, providing these aircraft with an AESA radar that is easier to integrate than liquid-cooled systems, such as the competing KLJ-7A offered by the Nanjing Research Institute of Electronics Technology (NRIET).

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/
please explains there are two companies that they made AESA radar for JF-17 so which one is for PAF and ToT >

yes but the pic posted above shows green panels between wings, thats new to me. If it is the second B model then it makes sense but the damn canopy is not visible. keep guessing ..

I think it is the second B model, notice difference of shade of green in both aircraft. The blk-2 has light green panels whereas the B ones carry a darker shade.

View attachment 399441
are those green composites?

The cutaway diagram of dual seater shows further strengthening of outer wing near wing tip compared to the cutaway of blk 1. Is may be possible to take sd10 on wing tip???

Back
Top Bottom