What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

China-Pakistan warplane makes test-phase flight
Pakistan Air Force says modified JF-17 Thunder fighter jet will 'enhance advanced combat training'

thumbs_b_c_e070096e835e9ace8a4a27b89f94e488.jpg

A modified version of the JF-17 Thunder fighter jet -- a joint venture of Pakistan and China -- made its maiden test flight in Chengdu, China on Friday, the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has said.
http://aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/china-pakistan-warplane-makes-test-phase-flight/807473
The dual-seat JF-17B "is currently entering the testing phase, which is a major milestone towards self-reliance", read a statement from the PAF.

Pakistan’s air chief, Chief Marshal Sohail Aman, who is currently visiting China, attended the test event hosted by the Aviation Industry Corporation of China.

Production of the first JF-17B was initiated by Pakistan and China during a joint ceremony at Chengdu Aerospace Corporation last year.

The JF-17B is slated to boost the operational and training capabilities of the PAF, the statement read and added: "It will further enhance the advanced combat training of PAF fighter pilots on this indigenous war fighting machine."

The development is part of Pakistan’s modernization of its air fleet to compete with the Indian Air Force, which has more than 2,000 aircraft compared to the PAF’s current strength of around 920 planes and helicopters.

Pakistan already has more than 80 JF-17s, the first of which entered service in 2009.

The single-engine multi-role jets have been jointly developed by Pakistan and China. Each one can carry up to 3,630 kilograms (8,000 pounds) of weapons, reach speeds of up to 2,200 kilometers per hour (1,370 miles per hour) and have a combat radius of 1,350 kilometers (840 miles).

Pakistan is scheduled to receive four Russian-made Mi-35M attack helicopters later this year.

Beijing is Islamabad’s largest trade and defense partner; the two sides plan to enhance the current volume up to $20 billion amid execution of the $51-billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor Project.

The single seat was known as FC-1, fighter china-1, Xian JH-7 was or is known as FBC-1 fighter / bomber china-1, so my guess is here BC would suggest Bomber China as the major role for the dual seat version of JF-17 would be land attack with a dedicated WSO sitting in the 2nd seat.

My 2 cents [emoji4]
lol

IMO it is simply the first B from China. ... maybe there will also be a BP build in Pakistan?

Pardon, but IMO the size difference is only minor. I only had so far no time to exactly compare.

By the way ...

View attachment 393761
Who tells you all this stuff mannn? [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] ..it really is BChina001

Just have a minor question , I was kinda thinking our Scientist and Engineers would also be working on the Chinese Plant or at least locally howcome the intially videos did not show any Pakistani Engineers involved with the JF17-2B, ?

Are our Engineers working side by side or more less it is a Aprentice type relation where we get the knowledge shared after intial discovery in China. I was expecting some of our Engineers in some of the pictures for testing the prototypes

Just have a minor question , I was kinda thinking our Scientist and Engineers would also be working on the Chinese Plant or at least locally howcome the intially videos did not show any Pakistani Engineers involved with the JF17-2B, ?

Are our Engineers working side by side or more less it is a Aprentice type relation where we get the knowledge shared after intial discovery in China. I was expecting some of our Engineers in some of the pictures for testing the prototypes
Our High level engineers ar appointed there most probably who plan the project rather than do thokam thoki....labour of diploma class would definitely be chinese in CAC . I have heard that chinese firms have a craze for pakistani engineers , and pakistani engineers get jobs easily and highly paid one's.

Last edited:
I think so too. You can noticeably see few/no rivets in the green sections.

If b varient can carry more fuel plus 1 extra pilot with the same engine. It means fuel load + pilot load with may be more weapon load = same performance. I dont think so. It means there must be some compozit materials r used to balance the weight. Not the whole plane but few parts may be........? What do u say about this

Looks like just an air Duck intake for aircraft cool air like one exists on top of air intake on A model

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom