What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

The only way to prevent such an event is a "STRONG" air force. Look at Israel for example, they have nukes but they always emphasize on a very strong air force, disproportional strong from their non existing naval and rather limited land forces, even though they require more of the later two operationally of recent
Our land forces are far from limited land forces, and our navy exists and keeps being modernized

Aerodynamics of the aircraft. I shouldn't need to qualify myself here...
If they have plan to improve aerodynamics of JF-17 then it will be minor one like increase the length of radome for AESA and IRST, the performance remains same of jet (aerodynamics wise):p:

Just to float a point, food for thought, what are our post Blk-III ambitions? Just move to a fifth generation fighter or are there any 4+ gen plans for JF-17 in shape of Block-IV and V!
remember the original plan was of 250 aircraft, 150 + 100!!

As far as I am concerned, i will love to see some work on a 5th generation once Blk-III production run ends and we complete any export orders. However that work on a 5th generation plane and the lessons learned from being involved in that project MUST shape up a JF-17 4+ gen plane (or whatever they want to name it, JF-19 or JF-X) in form of a Block-IV and Block-V. We do need at least this many planes if you do rough math regarding the numbers required.

However, there are no big indications of the same from the authorities as yet.

@HRK @Tempest II @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Oscar @TaimiKhan @Bilal Khan 777

Just to float a point, food for thought, what are our post Blk-III ambitions? Just move to a fifth generation fighter or are there any 4+ gen plans for JF-17 in shape of Block-IV and V!

As far as I am concerned, i will love to see some work on a 5th generation once Blk-III production run ends and we complete any export orders. However that work on a 5th generation plane and the lessons learned from being involved in that project MUST shape up a JF-17 4+ gen plane (or whatever they want to name it, JF-19 or JF-X) in form of a Block-IV and Block-V. We do need at least this many planes if you do rough math regarding the numbers required.

Personal opinion: a lot will depend on revenue from sales of JF-17 and Super Mashshak. This should go back into either R&D or purchasing new systems for PAF.

Still a way to go:
* Deliver remaining Block II aircraft (until mid-2018)
* Finalise Block III configuration (2017/18)
* Test and prepare Block III production (2018)
* Build and deliver Block III aircraft (from 2019)
* Upgrade Block I to Block III standard (2019/20) - or alternatively: sell Block I to Myanmar and Nigeria with an upgrade option, using the incoming funds to get more new Block IIIs ;-)
* Upgrade Block II to Block III standard (2020/21)

I would expect gradual improvements across the board on various subsytems, material and production technologies. Progress towards:
  • spherical situational awareness
  • Real time/high speed/high capacity datalink
  • Composites - light structures with higher fatigue life
  • Improvements on surface finish and joining processes (get rid of rivets, saw-tooth panel joints)
  • RAM
  • More powerful engine
  • more fuel efficient powerplant.
  • Improved MTBF and MTBO of all subsystems
  • Sensor integration.
  • General reduction of pilot's workload

I would expect gradual improvements across the board on various subsytems, material and production technologies. Progress towards:
  • spherical situational awareness
  • Real time/high speed/high capacity datalink
  • Composites - light structures with higher fatigue life
  • Improvements on surface finish and joining processes (get rid of rivets, saw-tooth panel joints)
  • RAM
  • More powerful engine
  • more fuel efficient powerplant.
  • Improved MTBF and MTBO of all subsystems
  • Sensor integration.
  • General reduction of pilot's workload

Which would be awesome because all of that experience should naturally flow into the fifth gen program.

150 JF original req
Possible 200 , 50 more could be block-3+

Original batch of block-1s could be rebuilt into Block-3+ and additional aircraft could be ordered as block-4

Back
Top Bottom