What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thrust offered by RD-93 MA along with further composites is also not enough to achieve mach 2.0. Air frame design(specially wings) & TW ratio is the problem not DSI. Same DSI will not cause any problems for J-20 or J-31 in achieving max speeds around Mach 2.2.

It can theoretically reach Mach 2, but it does not mean it will perform well at those speeds, DSI inherently rapidly loses efficiency at speeds approaching mach 2. In theory DSI like configurations can reach above and beyond this value, but only if they are specifically designed for that speed, the trade-off then is that their configuration is then less efficient for lower speeds. Do what you will with the JF-17, increase the TW ratio, thrust, DSI in it's current configuration will stop you from getting to mach 2 without having some undesired effects.

Only more complex, variable geometry designs will work for those speeds, which loses the whole point of DSI. Actually, there was a nice study somewhere I had about this issue, conducted by our very own Pakistani Engineers, I'll see if I can find it.

Last time it was Mach 1.8, they have just rounded the figure... I guess!

Anyone tell me, what is dual rack? what is the advantages of dual rack on JF17, if its installed on it ?

DSI has main function of supplying uniform Air to engines and also reduce RCS. Its the Aero-Dynamics and engine potential which takes you to higher speeds. JF-17 has an under performing engine for its weight to thrust ratio comparison.

It can reach Mach 2, but it does not mean it will perform well at those speeds, DSI inherently rapidly loses efficiency at speeds approaching mach 2. In theory DSI like configurations can reach above and beyond this value, but only if they are specifically designed for that speed, the trade-off then is that their configuration is then less efficient for lower speeds. Do what you will with the JF-17, increase the TW ratio, thrust, DSI in it's current configuration will stop you from getting to mach 2 without having some undesired effects.

Only more complex, variable geometry designs will work for those speeds, which loses the whole point of DSI. Actually, there was a nice study somewhere I had about this issue, conducted by our very own Pakistani Engineers, I'll see if I can find it.
Must share please if you may find. What I can take is that the air frame design of JF-17 is the main problem in achieving higher mach numbers. For it's designed for simplicity & controlability instead of speed & maneuverability.

Must share please if you may find. What I can take is that the air frame design of JF-17 is the main problem in achieving higher mach numbers. For it's designed for simplicity & controlability instead of speed & maneuverability.

Hi,

The mach number for this aircraft is fine----speed is just for show----. Most of the cruising and strike missions are below mach 1.

With speed---you don't get maneuverability----. The JF 17 is an excellent design for an aircraft this size---.

Hi,

Have you ever chased anyone----maybe as kids----some were faster than you and some were slower---so you caught some and others ran away from you----big deal---hehn.

So---those who run faster than us----for them we have faster missiles to chase----some will get them and other will not.

Interesting phhotoshops. Vintage JF-17 Thunder in PAF F-104 Starfighter Livery III:

jf17f104g-1233_zps1ad70085.jpg

jf17f104g-411_zpsb9ccd207.jpg

jf17f104g-3231_zpsb632369a.jpg

Military Photos and Photoshops: Vintage JF-17 Thunder in PAF F-104 Starfighter Livery
Military Photos and Photoshops: Vintage JF-17 Thunder in PAF F-104 Starfighter Livery III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom