What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
WS-13 and work out a detail development scheme.

from chinese fora

2001 Project started
2002 Confirmed solutions and responsible division
2003 Aug Engine core component design completed
2004 Jun Core component design was reviewed & approved by experts
2005 Jan Whole engine design drawings and technical documents completed
2005 Oct China Aviation Industry Corporation I officially approved the engine development
2006 First prototype completed
2008 Ground testings finished
2009 Flight testings on test plane finished
2010 18 Mar"Taishan" engine (WS-13) fitted on FC-1(JF-17), first roll success
18 Apr FC-1, fitted with "Taishan" engine, finished maiden flight
2011-2012 Flight tests
2012 Aug Long-run durability test started
2013 Started design finalization processes
2014 According to schedule, design finalization will be completed
2015 - 2016 Schedule to start mass production
which variant will we get? is ws10g suitable

So from IDEAS 2014, JF-17s are cleared to carry the Chinese ARM CM-102 and the GB-6 Submunitions launcher.

Presumably, He was just talking about choppers and reporter got too excited........
We'll see
x1430647_52458387.jpg.pagespeed.ic.h8nSjWd5Sb.jpg

Last edited:
The poster from IDEAS 2014 that was displayed and showed the picture of JFT with CFTs is a photo shop. This is almost as stupid as their slogan of arms for peace. I don't think the prospects of CFT are real at least for block 2. But this is just my own thought and I dont know whether they realize the need for it and integrate it later.
Araz
Agree. The issue with PAF is that they have military men controlling media affairs. And unfortunately they rely on vendors, which result in such poor media image.

all I want is one additional hardpoint probably on/ near the inlet for a pod to be mounted. With a dual rack this baby, is carrying enough hardware to cause anyone some serious worries . I was just wondering can the tip mounted hardpoint be carrying a dual rack. I have seen it on some planes.
Araz
These modifications require some serious airframe changes, chin-mounted pods may not be introduced in Thunder but dual racks only on underwing stations are under testing. Wingtip pylons are yet not strong enough to carry SD-10s.

That nice CGI, Its on PAC brochure for JF-17 (originally displayed at Dubai'2011).

Presumably, He was just talking about choppers and reporter got too excited........
We'll see
x1430647_52458387.jpg.pagespeed.ic.h8nSjWd5Sb.jpg

Is there any name for Helicopter in Urdu? May be he was trying to find one and got himself and the readers confused.

I haven't heard of any Russian AESA radar. Even if there are some they won/t scale it down for JF-17 , as its a direct competitor for Mig-29.
As far as RD-93 is concerned its modified model will be offered as RD-33/93 engines are their cash cow items. They have sold them to many countries such as south African cheetah's, Mirages etc. Its a medium low technology item offered for cash. Its a sort of Mehran engine available all over the world to compete with expensive western bids.

JF-17 doesn't have the Russian fire control system to use Russian air to air missiles. If offered to integrate they have to give all coding as well for integration, which they might not give as JF-17 is not their product and they are not upgrading it for us. All chinese Arms are of Russian origin mostly we can use them

It wouldn't matter. Thrust is not the only issue, DSI much like on the F-35 won't allow it to achieve mach 2.
Thrust offered by RD-93 MA along with further composites is also not enough to achieve mach 2.0. Air frame design(specially wings) & TW ratio is the problem not DSI. Same DSI will not cause any problems for J-20 or J-31 in achieving max speeds around Mach 2.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom