What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing mate, these are the definitive specs of the block 2 version. my two cents from what i was told..

1. the tail section, wing leading edges and upper fuselage is carbon fiber

2. IFR trials to begin by april?

3. even most blk 1 aircraft have switched to INDRA's EW suite, the kg-600G is based on the recommendations presented by the PAF after a general comparison of the performance of ALQ-211V-9 with the KG-300G ecm pods respectively.

4. improvements to flight control continues and they may well go for a full fbw with pitch, yaw and roll axis. however, the current combo of stability augmentaion+ quad fbw provdes excellent agility.

5. multi racks are a part of the plan, dont know whether blk 2 will have it or not, thanks for letting us know on this.

6. i heard about one hard point for the pods for now? good if there are two.

7. unless chinese come up with a very small IRST sensor, the current huanggong pod will occupy a hard point.

The starboard side chinese IFR is blocking substantial view of pilots. I would not be surprised, If PAF goes with the South african solution.

I have to disagree with your excellent agility. As compared to F-16 maneuvers, JF-17 has displayed restricted agility so far. This Pith only FBW is not making JF-17 excellent agile fighter but only a good fighter. Unless we go for full FBW

Last edited:
Extra pod might be in block 3 ... not confirmed

Indra EW suite / composite on uper fuselage / IFR /enhanced oxygen system/ upgraded KLJ 7 and multiple rack ejector for SD10 are confirmed for block 2 ... (for rest i am not 100% sure)

block 3 might have vixen1000E /HMD/new avionic package/obogs / more composite etc

If bold part become reality for block-3 then it will become most potent platform in PAF.

Wonderful news about JF-17 Thunder Evolution.

1. My take on it is don't bother with the extra hard-points until after a new engine is Integrated. Also if the plane gets
Conformal fuel tanks (CFTs) , on sides , it will automatically add ability to carry more goods under the plane.

2. Automation is a great addition , as long as it can also be turned off, (as shared by the earlier
post)

Fly-by-wire (FBW) is a system that replaces the conventional manual flight controls of an aircraft with an electronic interface. The movements of flight controls are converted to electronic signals transmitted by wires (hence the fly-by-wire term), and flight control computers determine how to move the actuators at each control surface to provide the ordered response. The fly-by-wire system also allows automatic signals sent by the aircraft's computers to perform functions without the pilot's input, as in systems that automatically help stabilize the aircraft, or prevent unsafe operation of the aircraft outside of its performance envelope​

3. EW Suit improvement is a good enhancements plus targeting pot Targeting pods

4. Composite usage on plane is also a good improvement

From my perspective
1. Radar
2. Engine
3. Next Generation Helmet

Are the three top Needs for Block 3

bfad2cb172.jpg

Last edited:
The pod can only go as far back as the cannon does because they are both limited by the landing gear doors. The WMD-7 is 270cm, this means it will protrude past the inlet duct. ...??? ... Not sure if the is allowed? The 165 x 23 pixel rectangle propotionally represents the LPD on the FC-1.

WMD-7 on FC-1 Chin.JPG

Looks like the pod protruding past the inlet could be acceptable:

damocles.jpg

damocles_rafale_copyrigh-dga.jpg

The starboard side chinese IFR is blocking substantial view of pilots. I would not be surprised, If PAF goes with the South african solution.

I have to disagree with your excellent agility. As compared to F-16 maneuvers, JF-17 has displayed restricted agility so far. This Pith only FBW is not making JF-17 excellent agile fighter but only a good fighter. Unless we go for full FBW

* i agree, that is the reason they has the first IFR installed behind the canopy.

* the "restricted agility" is not due to semi fly by wire, rather the pilots have not pushed it as much as they could in air shows. Still, the display at paris air show was a glimpse of that it can be pushed further if the jockey desires so. Its turning radius is faster than the f-16.

watch the turn at around 5:23.

Wonderful news about JF-17 Thunder Evolution.

1. My take on it is don't bother with the extra hard-points until after a new engine is Integrated. Also if the plane gets
Conformal fuel tanks (CFTs) , on sides , it will automatically add ability to carry more goods under the plane.

2. Automation is a great addition , as long as it can also be turned off, (as shared by the earlier
post)

Fly-by-wire (FBW) is a system that replaces the conventional manual flight controls of an aircraft with an electronic interface. The movements of flight controls are converted to electronic signals transmitted by wires (hence the fly-by-wire term), and flight control computers determine how to move the actuators at each control surface to provide the ordered response. The fly-by-wire system also allows automatic signals sent by the aircraft's computers to perform functions without the pilot's input, as in systems that automatically help stabilize the aircraft, or prevent unsafe operation of the aircraft outside of its performance envelope​

3. EW Suit improvement is a good enhancements plus targeting pot Targeting pods

4. Composite usage on plane is also a good improvement

From my perspective
1. Radar
2. Engine
3. Next Generation Helmet

Are the three top Needs for Block 3

bfad2cb172.jpg
Sir 4th is speed not less than 2 mach.

the kg-600G is based on the recommendations presented by the PAF after a general comparison of the performance of ALQ-211V-9 with the KG-300G ecm pods respectively.
I think PLAAF is using KG600 on their Su30 fighter jets ...

* i agree, that is the reason they has the first IFR installed behind the canopy.

* the "restricted agility" is not due to semi fly by wire, rather the pilots have not pushed it as much as they could in air shows. Still, the display at paris air show was a glimpse of that it can be pushed further if the jockey desires so. Its turning radius is faster than the f-16.

watch the turn at around 5:23.

from what i have heard previous design wasn't accepted because of the risk of refueling drogue hitting canopy thats why in this design we can see probe is away and in front of canopy.

What is the truth about 2 Seat JF17 thunder variant ? Looking at the thunder's current body , just don't see how the second pilot would fit in

Also why do they just not make the canopy, as full glass structure with out the divider as is the case now ? I understand that this decision was taken at time when Thunder Block 1 was planned up. However I don't see the technical challenge to have a "full" canopy with out the vision blocking (5-10 degrees of side vision lost)

What is the truth about 2 Seat JF17 thunder variant ? Looking at the thunder's current body , just don't see how the second pilot would fit in

Also why do they just not make the canopy, as full glass structure with out the divider as is the case now ? I understand that this decision was taken at time when Thunder Block 1 was planned up. However I don't see the technical challenge to have a "full" canopy with out the vision blocking (5-10 degrees of side vision lost)

this is the Model of JF-17 2 seat Variant shown at Paris Air Show... I think It's gonna roll out in 2016 or at the start of 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom