What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. The aircraft also uses Carbon-Fiber Composites on the upper fuselage and the Horizontal tail that reduce the Radar Cross-Section (RCS) of the aircraft. The aircraft (2P29) will reach Pakistan for high g load and sustained turn trials.
2.will also start refueling trials from March through the Ilyushin IL-78 tanker.
3. New EW suite from Indra Spain
4.This aircraft also has 2 Chin hardpoints for the WMD-7 and INDRA targeting pods and the KG-300 and KG-600 radar jammers.
5.Carefree Augmented handling (CAH) with Quadriplex Fly-by-wire control system.
6. Another feature is Multi Rack Ejector Pylons for BVR missiles so now 2 SD-10 BVR missiles can be carried on one hardpoint. Moreover, new sensors and an IRST pod too (external).

Are you sure you are not describing Block-III features ?

Are you sure you are not describing Block-III features ?
Extra pod might be in block 3 ... not confirmed

Indra EW suite / composite on uper fuselage / IFR /enhanced oxygen system/ upgraded KLJ 7 and multiple rack ejector for SD10 are confirmed for block 2 ... (for rest i am not 100% sure)

block 3 might have vixen1000E /HMD/new avionic package/obogs / more composite etc

Indra EW suite / composite on uper fuselage / IFR /enhanced oxygen system/ upgraded KLJ 7 and multiple rack ejector for SD10 are confirmed for block 2 ... (for rest i am not 100% sure)

block 3 might have vixen1000E /HMD/new avionic package/obogs / more composite etc

All are excitingly good news but how on earth they found place for two (not one) chin stations? Where did the gun go?

All are excitingly good news but how on earth they found place for two (not one) chin stations? Where did the gun go?
i didn't say it is confirmed ... and i didn't claim above info 100% true
chin points are small for pods and can be managed

hmmm that's good news for block 2 :)
now waiting for JF-17B and JF-17 block 3 as both are to revealed this year :)

JF17 Twin Launcher.png

4 sd-10 , 2 srm and 3 drop tanks for ata config ???

Thanks. I hope it happens. Buckle up guys, this is gonna be hell of a year for our thunder!

I dont see any place under JFT where they can add another HP unless they increase the length or redesign the JF-17 like gripen NG

I dont see any place under JFT where they can add another HP unless they increase the length or redesign the JF-17 like gripen NG
but a chin hardpoint is a possibility right?
maybe it will come in block 3.

Oh wow I didn't know there was such a thing. Thanks :)

Is it possible it may be air refueling flood white light labeled in the diagram you posted? I say this because it is only present on the side of the probe and seems to be facing towards the front.

It is a possibility.
But if that is an alert or an indicator for the air refueling aircraft.Then i should mention that it's a very ordinary level of engineering.Consider 2 AC (JF-17s) are being refueled by the Midas.One on your right(with you being on the 3rd cockpit of the MIDAS at the back) and the second one to your left side.Light indicator turns ON for the refueler aircraft as the AC on the right gets his tank filled to the desired level.Same happens with that on the left : light turns on, now who is going to respond to that light indicator , the MIDAS guy can't see it.The pilot can if it's dark outside, through his mirror. MFD tells him as well.But what if it's a broad day light.It's the MFD info that he has got.

Either it's an indicator for the IL-78 or it's not.If that is there to indicate anything for the guy sitting at the tail of the air refueler then it should have been on the top of the fuselage or with the IFR like that of the Hornet down in the image.

maxresdefault.jpg

141115-F-BW907-080.JPG

But as you can see the IFR is externally fixed on the JF-17 and it's not possible to attach anything to it's assemble.The next good option was to put the indicator on top.Not on the left, not on the right either.
A single IL-78 can refuel three aircrafts , when it's required.

copy from a friend
1. The aircraft also uses Carbon-Fiber Composites on the upper fuselage and the Horizontal tail that reduce the Radar Cross-Section (RCS) of the aircraft. The aircraft (2P29) will reach Pakistan for high g load and sustained turn trials.
2.will also start refueling trials from March through the Ilyushin IL-78 tanker.
3. New EW suite from Indra Spain
4.This aircraft also has 2 Chin hardpoints for the WMD-7 and INDRA targeting pods and the KG-300 and KG-600 radar jammers.
5.Carefree Augmented handling (CAH) with Quadriplex Fly-by-wire control system.
6. Another feature is Multi Rack Ejector Pylons for BVR missiles so now 2 SD-10 BVR missiles can be carried on one hardpoint. Moreover, new sensors and an IRST pod too (external).

Thanks for sharing mate, these are the definitive specs of the block 2 version. my two cents from what i was told..

1. the tail section, wing leading edges and upper fuselage is carbon fiber

2. IFR trials to begin by april?

3. even most blk 1 aircraft have switched to INDRA's EW suite, the kg-600G is based on the recommendations presented by the PAF after a general comparison of the performance of ALQ-211V-9 with the KG-300G ecm pods respectively.

4. improvements to flight control continues and they may well go for a full fbw with pitch, yaw and roll axis. however, the current combo of stability augmentaion+ quad fbw provdes excellent agility.

5. multi racks are a part of the plan, dont know whether blk 2 will have it or not, thanks for letting us know on this.

6. i heard about one hard point for the pods for now? good if there are two.

7. unless chinese come up with a very small IRST sensor, the current huanggong pod will occupy a hard point.

How about this spot, opposite the gun...

1831616_zpsainn375e.jpg

jf17thunder_zpszhnbagvw.jpg

but a chin hardpoint is a possibility right?
maybe it will come in block 3.

Unless a redesigning occurs, I dont see any possibility.

How about this spot, opposite the gun...

1831616_zpsainn375e.jpg

jf17thunder_zpszhnbagvw.jpg

This will give you a better idea. And the spot you are red marking, it is small for a large Pod Like WMD-7

jf-17_thunder_sd-10_bvr_c-802_anti_shipping_missile_load.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom