What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
jf17hmdsxg0.jpg

Is this South African one which were evaluatinge for our JF-17??? Is this final and in which block we will se it???

I'm pretty sure he posted that for the interesting numbers on the tail in the background;

I think we have seen the 13-150 more then enough. All eyes are on 14-201 and I am pretty sure that it is positive development.A few weeks left at max. The issue is that they are busy in upgrading these block 1 planes at the same time. That does consume manpower.

Sir,

You don't have a discussion----what you have is sheer stupidity---you comments have reached the stage of total moronic arguments. You analysis is piss poor and pathetic---you have suddenly developed a fetish for 9 hard points as to 7 hard points.

Lets not all lose it.. lets agree to disagree and move on. You folks arent the run of the mill members to get down to this.

Lets take a page out of a VERY fine book, that validates your point.
Fighter Combat: Tactics and Maneuvering: Robert L. Shaw: 9780870210594: Amazon.com: Books

Once committed to a bugout, the pilot must again assume a defensive
posture. Engagement should be avoided if possible
. Only those bogeys in
the line of retreat should be engaged offensively, and then only if engaging
them does not put escape in jeopardy. The only difference between running
out of fuel and being shot down is that some hard-working enemy pilot is
denied a well-earned score..

The same goes for a attack aircraft coming back from a mission. They are not looking to get into a fight, rather get home safely.
So while I do not agree with @sancho that an extra hardpoint may mean life or death for the JF-17 in a strike role, what I do agree with is that it needs the ability to carry a BVR weapon in that role. Perhaps on a strengthened wingtip hardpoint. The reason for that is the capability a BVR weapon brings to engage an incoming threat from a distance and put it on a defensive while allowing the JF-17 the chance to escape.

Last edited:
I think we have seen the 13-150 more then enough. All eyes are on 14-201 and I am pretty sure that it is positive development.A few weeks left at max. The issue is that they are busy in upgrading these block 1 planes at the same time. That does consume manpower.
Can we expect any structural changes? Also about it's final price, are the speculations still around 20-25 mil?

I read it someplace too.
Thunder Block2 would cost $25mil from the $15mil price of a Block1. Expecting additional $10mil to include the new RD-93MA with improved thrust along with other goodies. Guess we have to wait more to see what are the changes.

I read it someplace too.
Thunder Block2 would cost $25mil from the $15mil price of a Block1. Expecting additional $10mil to include the new RD-93MA with improved thrust along with other goodies. Guess we have to wait more to see what are the changes.

10 mln for RD-93MA?? It is around 1.5-2 mln at best, There are other improvements which drag the price over 20-22mln, 25 mln for blk 2 is an imaginary figure as of now UNLESS it houses an AESA.

10 mln for RD-93MA?? It is around 1.5-2 mln at best, There are other improvements which drag the price over 20-22mln, 25 mln for blk 2 is an imaginary figure as of now UNLESS it houses an AESA.

Yes meant the same. Additional $10mn would include alot of new goodies other than just the engine. We have to wait and see.

My speculations for block-2 are;

HMD
Additional hardpoint opposite cannon for pods
RD-93MA
Integrated Inflight Refueling
More loading capacity on hardpoints with support for multi missile racks
More composites to reduce weight.
KLJ-7V2 (Improved)
Other changes to improve maintenance and operational readiness.

Any chance they'll get rid of hydraulics for roll and yaw control? That would likely save a lot of weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom