What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not logarithmic - the max range of detection is directly proportional to the fourth root of RCS (among other factors). In other words, all other factors being the same, the maximum detectable range can be calculated by the formula given above by manticore.

To give a simplistic scenario, with a lot of implicit assumptions,

eqc1.gif

**** Algebra...:guns::suicide:

**** Algebra...:guns::suicide:

You can use the simplified formula given by jungibaaz because given range for one RCS all other factors are already implicitly included...

ghq-visit-pac-3.jpg

My question still remains, if this is not aesa then why does it look like one instead of a slotted array...?

@Oscar

Last edited:
You can use the simplified formula given by jungibaaz because given range for one RCS all other factors are already implicitly included...

ghq-visit-pac-3.jpg

My question still remains, if this is not aesa then why does it look like one instead of a slotted array...?

@Oscar

This is the JF17 radar. The cover is to protect it. Same goes for the antenna. Do not touch those cause they need recalibration ( ;) ). How I know it about the radar? Just go to the PAC site. Look carefully at the back side and compare it with the KLJ7.

I dont think so. The angle is different which is why it seems that way to you.
Araz

My friend, I did check it more then once. There seems to be different connection. To older version was thicker near the body to cope with the turn... This one is different.

@Munir could it be that a new front end antenna has been developed for KLJ a la ceasar/captor...

comparing mki with j-17 is a Insult of this Beast.Its Still sane for block 52 + But Not Jf-17. Mki is at different class and Level of that jf-17

Yes you can't compare Elephants with Panthers

Bilal saheb, It takes a lot of puzzling but in the end one can pretty much predict everything. As I said I am looking not at the exterior but most of the time what is behind it. When talking to engineers one needs to understand the systems and ask simple but strict questions that do not reveal your intentions nor making them nervous... With that one does not need clear answers. The only issue is that some folks are getting terrible nervous how one can predict all that....

That's Grifo isn't it ???

I think it would be stupid to tell you to look at the company names at the background... It is not GRIFO...

Bilal saheb, It takes a lot of puzzling but in the end one can pretty much predict everything. As I said I am looking not at the exterior but most of the time what is behind it. When talking to engineers one needs to understand the systems and ask simple but strict questions that do not reveal your intentions nor making them nervous... With that one does not need clear answers. The only issue is that some folks are getting terrible nervous how one can predict all that....

I think it would be stupid to tell you to look at the company names at the background... It is not GRIFO...

Munir sahib, that and a tradition of tight lippedness which is beyond the caution displayed by the rest of the world. Indeed Pakistan has it's own challenges but sometimes it's borderline paranoia... They guard all programmes like the strategic programmes...

Last edited:
You mean 'Contact'. I just checked it, and yes it contains the following line:

"Mathematics is the only truly universal language."

I assure you, I did not have the film dialogue in mind! Besides, I meant something different when I said that - I meant that we can only express the laws of nature to each other in the language of mathematics. The filmy dialogue refers to the possible language of communication between humans and aliens.

I don't like that film, but I love Jodie Foster.:smitten: Watch 'The little girl who lives down the lane' for some fine acting, and plenty of creeps.

Chal chal you know i caught you. Now murgha baning :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom