What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong, but patch at the bottom of IFR probe suggest its blk1 upgraded to blk2 standard ..... also note the presence of 13-149 in PAC
just a wild guess .... :ashamed:

In view of Windjammer's response, it does seem like an upgraded Blk I. So your guess is pretty solid, it seems. I thought that presence of 13-149 on the floor was a good hint myself. But let us wait and see. I do not usually speculate and I have done that today. Oh well...

ddh3Cuj.jpg
JF-17+Thunder+Fighter+Jets+Fitted+with+Fixed+In-Flight+Refuelling+(IFR)+Probe+pakistan+air+force+paf+il-78+tanker+blcok+I+II+III+IV(1).jpg

IFR is modified !

I may be wrong, but patch at the bottom of IFR probe suggest its blk1 upgraded to blk2 standard ..... also note the presence of 13-149 in PACView attachment 28407
just a wild guess .... :ashamed:
Even the 109 which i believe was first to have the IFR probe fitted had the same patch. In all honesty it could be the same aircraft in the above image.

JF-17+Thunder+Fighter+Jets+Fitted+with+Fixed+In-Flight+Refuelling+(IFR)+Probe+pakistan+air+force+paf+il-78+tanker+blcok+I+II+III+IV(1).jpg

Even the 109 which i believe was first to have the IFR probe fitted had the same patch. In all honesty it could be the same aircraft in the above image.

You are quite right sir .... its the same bird ..... patch is identical ....

untitled.JPG

Last edited:
MKI's have a HUGE RCS aperture, no need to worry.
Even f-15 have huge Rcs than f-16 So that makes it less capable than f-16 answer is No. Rcs of Mki is btw 8-10 m2 which can be further reduced in super Sukhoi upgrade.Plus it has very potent EW System which makes it harder to detect. and radar of Mki is a Hybrid of both PESA and AESA technology Makes it very potent.

75? Double that.
Yes recent interviews quote a range of 140-150 km range but for 5 m2 target and roughly 110km for 3 m2...

It doesn't work like that the ranges aren't proportional to the size. You have to use the formula.
If the stated range was 130km for a bigger target 5m^2 in look up, the smaller target of 3m^2 should be detected around 114km.

Also, I've not heard that 140-150km range referenced anywhere. But, if the 130km figure is properly interpreted, an MKI sized target will be picked up by the KLJ-7 at a very very long range.

Upgraded KLJ-7V2?

ghq-visit-pac-3.jpg

IIRC, @pshamim indicated swashplate radar for JF-17 in 2012.

Also it is totally a figment of imagination on the part of some that Mirages were sacrifised so we could buy more F-16s. Fact is that F-16s were already part of PAF when the Mirages were first discussed. I can vouch for that as I went to Pakistan working as member of the F-16 team for General Dynamics Corporation

Brothers, there have been fresh rumors about JF-17 and its weapons. I am not sure if they are true but rumors from certain sources have proved to be true in the past.

1. All SD-10A missiles will be upgraded to SD-10B standard
2. PAF has also received some SD-10B
3. Additional SD-10B will be delivered after PLAAF receives them
4. SD-10B version has key R&D inputs from PAF
5. Block-II will receive a new radar, and all earlier versions will be upgraded with this new radar. Current radar may not be able to support SD-10B which PAF has decided to use as standard weapon.
6. New radar willmay be equipped with a rotating plate(Swash plate) Could it be an AESA similar to Sweedish Gripen NG radar
7. The new radar will be a true and completely multi-functional
8. Small Diameter Bombs are being tested by FC-1 06 for use on JF-17 currently
9. PAC Kamra is expanding and will be able to meet maximum production

Swashplate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"By mounting an radar on a swashplate, the swashplate angle is added to the electronic scan angle. The typical swashplate angle chosen for this application is 40 degrees so the radar can scan a total angle of 200 degrees out of 360"

Last edited:
It doesn't work like that the ranges aren't proportional to the size. You have to use the formula.
If the stated range was 130km for a bigger target 5m^2 in look up, the smaller target of 3m^2 should be detected around 114km.

Also, I've not heard that 140-150km range referenced anywhere. But, if the 130km figure is properly interpreted, an MKI sized target will be picked up by the KLJ-7 at a very very long range.

Actual ranges arent disclosed. An MKI is a huge billboard for Radars. They are extremely easy to pick off.

Actual ranges arent disclosed. An MKI is a huge billboard for Radars. They are extremely easy to pick off.
comparing mki with j-17 is a Insult of this Beast.Its Still sane for block 52 + But Not Jf-17. Mki is at different class and Level of that jf-17

comparing mki with j-17 is a Insult of this Beast.Its Still sane for block 52 + But Not Jf-17. Mki is at different class and Level of that jf-17
MKI's are elephants, JF17 will be the first to detect MKI and engage it...yes both are different class but it doesn't matter when both face each other..

MKI's are elephants, JF17 will be the first to detect MKI and engage it...yes both are different class but it doesn't matter when both face each other..
ohh so in that case f-15 has large rcs that of mki so you are sure Jf-17 will shoot it down Too Explain it how If it that easy

It look like bathroom pipe fitted in JF-17 for fuel... When will we learn about paint job and presentation of product...
The way Sweden showcase its Gripen it looks better then F-35.....
We should hire some expert from Turkey for better paint job and presentation...
I have never seen a good JF-17 presentation video only some by fanboys through xp movie maker...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom