What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks nothing like a slotted array antenna... The centre bulge seems like housing for TR modules.

Gripen%20NG%20with%20AESA.jpg

Not sure but they do look very similar

Vixen AESa radar

squared_medium_raven_S.jpg

ghq-visit-pac-3.jpg

Anyway it could be a training radar aswell

@Oscar can confirm

@Windjammer , could this be the first JF-17 Block II, as @farhan_9909 has suggested? I have already suggested that it might be on SDF, while crediting the photo to you... :-)

I may be wrong, but patch at the bottom of IFR probe suggest its blk1 upgraded to blk2 standard ..... also note the presence of 13-149 in PAC
i4UNtup_zpscde592c8.JPG

just a wild guess .... :ashamed:

Looks like an aesa radar to me...
The fire control radar is thought to be a Chinese KLJ-7V2 X-band multi-functional PD radar (track 10 and engage 2 simultaneously, look-up range 75km, look-down range 45km for RCS=3m2). A European high performance radar (e.g. Italian Vixen 1000ES AESA) has been planned in later batches
KLJ-7.jpg
its kjl-7v2

@Chak Bamu, I am not sure dear, if you look at the airframe it doesn't look factory fresh. The access panels, they seem to have been worked on several times. Just my observance.
bro i think bl-1 & 2 are same by design point of view
major difference will be
improved radar
chinese ws-13 engine
and ifr

The fire control radar is thought to be a Chinese KLJ-7V2 X-band multi-functional PD radar (track 10 and engage 2 simultaneously, look-up range 75km, look-down range 45km for RCS=3m2). A European high performance radar (e.g. Italian Vixen 1000ES AESA) has been planned in later batches
KLJ-7.jpg
its kjl-7v2

major difference will be
improved radar
chinese ws-13 engine
and ifr

75? Double that.

KLJ-7.jpg
its kjl-7v2

major difference will be
improved radar
chinese ws-13 engine
and ifr

KLJ-7 V2

110 KM for 3m2 RCS
130 KM for 5m2 RCS

Status
Not open for further replies.