What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the difference between Interception, Air Defense & Battlefield Interdiction ? :what:

Essentially interception is part of the air defence mission. Interception involves essentially running after an incoming enemy aircraft and catching it. Preferably before it is able to accomplish its task. Other air defence missions include combat air patrols..in which you guard a section of airspace from enemy aircraft by patrolling it.

Battlefied interdiction involves attacking the enemy's supply lines to the front and harassing forces heading to the front to stop them from engaging friendly forces.

I did gave one theory here in PDF and to my friends too why JF17 can beat mki in good scale. Jf17 "was" mean't to be a replacement for Mirage and F7 but when it was rolled out since then it has become more than just the replacement for f7 Mirage.

We shouldn't see what JF-17 was meant to be but rather what it has become. Look at this angle... PAF is showing reluctance to induct J-10s and its not because it lacks funds but rather what it is lacking is incentive as JF-17 is doing the job well.

Last edited:
We shouldn't see what JF-17 as what it was meant to be but rather what it has become. Look at this angle... PAF is showing reluctance to induct J-10s and its not because it lacks funds but rather what it is lacking is incentive as JF-17 is doing the job well.

It is ever evolving Aircraft like F-16 it will take time so in next 3 years pointless to go for J-10s but look for something else in long term.

It is ever evolving Aircraft like F-16 it will take time so in next 3 years pointless to go for J-10s but look for something else in long term.

Yup, like another JV for 5th Gen. But I think we are kind of late as China has revealed J-31 already and it is for export. Pakistan could be one of its first few customers.

But I think we are kind of late as China has revealed J-31
How do you mean we are late? You mean joining the J-31 project?

Pakistan could be one of its first few customers
It will still take long to mature itself and only then we would know if its worth to acquire it. PAF should try to find a better engine for thunder for near future.

I did gave one theory here in PDF and to my friends too why JF17 can beat mki in good scale.
We shouldn't see what JF-17 was meant to be but rather what it has become. Look at this angle... PAF is showing reluctance to induct J-10s and its not because it lacks funds but rather what it is lacking is incentive as JF-17 is doing the job well.
Thats what I am saying that jf17 is not what is was meant to be but its better can do job well.

XRZHuYz.jpg

fmS3eNs.jpg

U0uK9OU.jpg

odrXa0A.jpg

Kanwa Defense Review

February 2014, No. 112
Pages: 12-13, 50-51

translate plz
@Genesis

@Manticore

Almost everything on this forum is a copyright violation. Do we ask Dawn or any other newspaper for permission before posting their stuff. 99% photos on defence.pk are from other sources.

fatman17 posts articles from Janes which are in paid content category while some also post from AirForces Daily. All are violations. I must ask, Why are you specific for those magazines only??

Last edited:
@Mastan Khan - U think u can predict results of future battles ??

Pretty much predictable, you can try tactics with say JF-17s a few times next time the Rafales/MKI pilots would come with better tactics. Can you score a win everytime Thunder goes up there do let us know....

No JFT.JPG

Further to the belief that China would rather sell other planes other than the FC-1. Considering the target countries for the FC-1 and how they are likely to need financing, and that Pakistan in less able (compared to China, Russia, Koreas, Sweden, etc) than other countries to give such credit to potential customers, this is one other reason JF-17 sales are slow in picking up.

View attachment 15951

Further to the belief that China would rather sell other planes other than the FC-1. Considering the target countries for the FC-1 and how they are likely to need financing, and that Pakistan in less able (compared to China, Russia, Koreas, Sweden, etc) than other countries to give such credit to potential customers, this is one other reason JF-17 sales are slow in picking up.

So China don't want to let go F-7? or some variant of FTC2000/JL-9 this is where the marketing is poor if they keep offering older planes target countries would never come out of that era, China atleast needs to establish some form of foreign training program along with sales of newer products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom