What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
PAF leaders have always been smart to use whatever they have in the best possible ways, no doubt about that, as long as they do not believe self-induced delusions of grandeur.

Are there any funds available to acquire the J-10Bs?

Sorry couldn't resist, This sentence perfectly describes your posting habits :D

PAF leaders have always been smart to use whatever they have in the best possible ways, no doubt about that, as long as they do not believe self-induced delusions of grandeur.

Are there any funds available to acquire the J-10Bs?

There are no delusions of grandeur.
I cannot say for certain about J-10B. The PAF as far as i know doesn't want to acquire another 4th gen air craft. They want to save up to acquire a 5th gen asset in the next decade.

I cannot say for certain about J-10B. The PAF as far as i know doesn't want to acquire another 4th gen air craft. They want to save up to acquire a 5th gen asset in the next decade.

Covering hot zones Pak air space low/medium/high altitude SAMs, AEW&C eyes in the skies, capable limited number of Generations aircrafts is more than enough to deal with primary aggressors in the neighborhood. PAF need not go for 100+ 5th Gen nor is it affordable nor can 5th gen alone win wars entirely.

Russian never put sanction on any country and when they already to agree to supply engine to pakistan they know it will be used against india and they are ok with it.

There is no option until WS-13/A matures.

51Aply0.png

Excerpt from:

IHS Jane’s
Analysis: China’s Guided Weapons Sector

Robert Hewson, Editor, IHS Jane’s Weapons: Air-Launched
January 2013

Pages: 2 & 3

High wing loading of JF-17 makes it a good low-medium altitude asset. But where is our complementary high altitude fighter? Does delta-canard air superiority J-10B fit the bill after all? Could a conventional cropped-delta 5th gen J-31 be that?

PAFs "wants" as well as "needs" are both subject to the availability of funds. Right now the shortage is biting into future plans, but perhaps the economy will pick up enough to enable new acquisitions.

High wing loading of JF-17 makes it a good low-medium altitude asset. But where is our complementary high altitude fighter? Does delta-canard air superiority J-10B fit the bill after all? Could a conventional cropped-delta 5th gen J-31 be that?

Unless a "Magic Wand" fill our coffers and makes our economy viable, We are stuck with JF-17 and F-16 for next 5-10 years

Unless a "Magic Wand" fill our coffers and makes our economy viable, We are stuck with JF-17 and F-16 for next 5-10 years

10 years is ok. Beyond that both 4.5/5th Gen is must even in limited numbers. But I do have a question what would come next after F-16s are retired although we are going to squeeze every bit out of F-16s like Mirages maybe till 2040.

5 years is not a problem at all. even 10 is acceptable. however, looking at what we have achieved in last 10 years, i am not very hopeful regarding the ten next ones. :(
we need serious, sensible and omitted leadership that can help us get rid of our basic problems.

5 years is not a problem at all. even 10 is acceptable. however, looking at what we have achieved in last 10 years, i am not very hopeful regarding the ten next ones. :(
we need serious, sensible and omitted leadership that can help us get rid of our basic problems.

Leadership for the forces or leadership for the whole country?

I think that the forces have shown wisdom and sacrifices to safe the nations more then a few times...

I think that the forces have shown wisdom and sacrifices to safe the nations more then a few times...

Yes, the role of the Armed Forces in aiding stability at critical junctures must always be recognized, but the time has come to realize that the present problems require all the stakeholders to come together in a unified fashion. The Army cannot act alone and be successful this time.

Yes, the role of the Armed Forces in aiding stability at critical junctures must always be recognized, but the time has come to realize that the present problems require all the stakeholders to come together in a unified fashion. The Army cannot act alone and be successful this time.

You wouldn't have tolerated such statement from any other member. It would be declared, jingoistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom