What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 3rd squadron was due to stand up in march, but looks like end june now. main reason is training/conversion of pilots to JFT. block II will commence during this year. karachi civil airport is witnessing a lot of an-124 landings and take-offs these days not to mention civil il-76's.

Some AN-124's are of civil contractors, for NATo/ISAF.

the 3rd squadron was due to stand up in march, but looks like end june now. main reason is training/conversion of pilots to JFT. block II will commence during this year. karachi civil airport is witnessing a lot of an-124 landings and take-offs these days not to mention civil il-76's.

I thought Experienced pilots from F-16, Mirage and F-7PG squadrons are being diverted to JF-17 Squadron and JF-17 is user friendly and pilot integration and conversion would not take much time?

So it was OK for an Indian plane to roam around our air space (and that happened to be Islamabad) as long as they would not be able to bomb? I guess you need to not make any comments. Try to understand what posters concern is.

Bro its kiddo stuff. Now a days you can see a fighter plan takeoff via Sat. So we can see what's coming far behind from the border. If JF 17 (and other stuff) uses Beidu sat it will be big advantage to our defence

Bro its kiddo stuff. Now a days you can see a fighter plan takeoff via Sat. So we can see what's coming far behind from the border. If JF 17 (and other stuff) uses Beidu sat it will be big advantage to our defence

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge but what is "Beidu Sat" ? I try to google it but could not find anything.

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge but what is "Beidu Sat" ? I try to google it but could not find anything.
at moment there are two satellite positioning systems. the american(a.k.a GPS) and russian
this suppose to be third one the Chinese system suppose to get online in 2015. its partially functional.

google is full of info, you should have found it?

I thought Experienced pilots from F-16, Mirage and F-7PG squadrons are being diverted to JF-17 Squadron and JF-17 is user friendly and pilot integration and conversion would not take much time?

That is correct. The cockpit was re-designed to meet PAF requirements and pilots are mostly from Mirage and F-7P. F-16 is going to stay for a longer period in PAF and the well trained pilots are not being diverted to JF-17s. I ASSUME that only rookie or junior pilots like Flight Lieutenant and Squadron Leaders would be diverted.

The JF-17s were delivered about a month ago. It takes some time to adjust and operate, decommissioning the old fighters.
We have no information on JF-17 flying over Karachi or seen around the PAF base Masroor. They would start officially it seems, unlike the 16th Squadron which was operating before the official statement. ;)

Farooqi1,

I sometimes wonder if you are here to just take a piss on us......

I mean, you keep saying the same thing over and over again. We do realize our weaknesses and are doing what is best.

We should learn from History........

Farooqi1,

I sometimes wonder if you are here to just take a piss on us......

I mean, you keep saying the same thing over and over again. We do realize our weaknesses and are doing what is best.

We should learn from History........

What did I do now? Would you please explain?

What did I do now? Would you please explain?
Please Mr Farooqi dont start an all out inquiry here, please make use of ur and others walls instead of the threads..

We all know the result of this inquiry, u getting ur answers and then explaining ur actions and all....and with that 3 -5 pages of off topic discussion.....

Please Mr Farooqi dont start an all out inquiry here, please make use of ur and others walls instead of the threads..

We all know the result of this inquiry, u getting ur answers and then explaining ur actions and all....and with that 3 -5 pages of off topic discussion.....

You have been not asked young man so please stay out. Comments were made in the tread therefore I deserved an answer in the thread too.

You have been not asked young man so please stay out. Comments were made in the tread therefore I deserved an answer in the thread too.

Faruqi Saheb,
Please forgive me for saying so but You really amaze me. You do not know what a Beidu sa is but ready to give your expert opinions on aircrafts and which ones will be better than other. I think you need to grow up. I do not know how old you are but you are coming across as a young man yourself with limited knowledge

what about its night capabilities since A-5 are retired no fighter jet has taken off at night form Peshawar Airbase.though at day time JF-17's are taken out for a ride and its manoeuvres are great.especially the high G high speed turn.
Yes this is which i wants to know,
Night Capabilities of J-17, ?

Faruqi Saheb,
Please forgive me for saying so but You really amaze me. You know what a Beidu sais but ready to give your expert opinions on aircrafts and which ones will be better than other. I think you need to grow up. I do not know how old you are but you are coming across as a young man with limited knowledge based on Googling

Pshamim sahib ! A question : Can some of the better things incorporated on the JF-17 that truly give a potent value-for-money dimension to the bird be devolved to the F-7Ps to juice out, perhaps, another decade from then as a decently capable/competitive platform ? I'm not a technical person so I do hope that you will forgive me if it appears that I'm talking utter crap but can Pakistan come up with a cross between the KLJ-7 and the Grifo-7 MK 2 which incorporates some of the better qualities of the former but in the compact size of the latter to give the F-7Ps a distinct BVR capability because from what I've read elsewhere the F-7Ps are a pretty decent platform for dog-fights; in fact if I'm not mistaken someone posted an article here on PDF where the F-7Ps rate of climb (or some similar performance measure) with the F-16 and highlighted the PAF's contentment with the Skybolt as a good..good bird to have !

dont thin so its also about airframe. it wouldnt be easy to get more out the f-7 airframe beyond 2020 besides the PAF doesnt want to invest more in F7 it would better spend that money in JF-17s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom