What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qoyzd.jpg
[/IMG]
Aim at Vikramaditya and fire!

Did the JF-17 PT 6 change the air frame structure? It looks more like the J-10 to me.

The package sought for the JFTs initially from France: Was it the Spectra ?

Did the JF-17 PT 6 change the air frame structure? It looks more like the J-10 to me.

Hi Mr. Cb4, no the fuselage/body has not been changed to mimic the J-10. The picture is simply a bit deceiving. I have a diecast model of the JF-17 and it has the same shape as this picture, given you view it at the same angle. The body shape looks different, but it due to the fact the photo is angled and from the back.

Moreover, changing the fuselage of a plane at this late stage, could put the program back a few years. That is why the Block II is still being tested, if the rumors are true, and the front end has been redesigned.

can it drop nukes and what is its range? does it have chinese engine???
didnt bother to read this thread from start so apologize if someone has already replied..

didnt bother to read this thread from start so apologize if someone has already replied..

Yes it can carry nukes...

JFT is currently using Klimov RD-33 (Russian engine) and WS-13 (Chinese engine). Soon JFTs will be exclusively equipped with the WS-13. At the Farnborough International Airshow in 2010 it was stated by the officials that JFT aircraft was flying with a Chinese engine.

Yes. It can carry Ra'ad ALCM.
JFT is currently using Klimov RD-33 (Russian engine) and WS-13 (Chinese engine). Soon JFTs will be exclusively equipped with the WS-13. At the Farnborough International Airshow in 2010 it was stated by the officials that JFT aircraft was flying with a Chinese engine.

JF-17 is using WS-10. It is being tested with WS-13.

Dude! Everyone knows that! RD-90 and WS-10! Let me find the source.

Dude! Everyone knows that! RD-90 and WS-10! Let me find the source.

Sir! As for as my memory goes JFT uses both RD-93 (a variant of RD-33) and WS-13..

If JFT is using WS-10 then its a treat for me... BTW technically speaking JFT cant be equipped with WS-10 until you change the design. WS-10 for JFT means more fuel consumption and less range.

Here's the thrust of two engines.

WS-13---- Maximum thrust: 51.2 kilonewtons (11,500 lbf) dry; 86.37 kilonewtons (19,420 lbf) with afterburner

WS-10---- Maximum thrust: 132 kilonewtons (30,000 lbf) with afterburner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom