Status
Not open for further replies.
July 7,pt06 JFT

27_186762_1856b25af61de1e.jpg

LINK

Google Translate

Two things....

* Blue missile has a new seeker, seems like the new PL-5EII

* Engine seems to be ws-13, notice the engine petals that are different from rd-93

Two things....

* Blue missile has a new seeker, seems like the new PL-5EII

* Engine seems to be ws-13, notice the engine petals that are different from rd-93

The under wing launch rails also point to some serious weapon system.

"JF-17 Block II [combat aircraft] may see a Chinese AESA [active electronically scanned array] radar along with an IRST [infrared search and track] , and an even better ECM [electronic countermeasures] suite."

Wider advances by China's aviation industry would result in "greater use of composites to reduce the overall airframe weight" for the JF-17 Block II, and also a thrust vectoring control engine; though Shabbir conceded the latter "has never been officially confirmed."

Chinese Avionics Advances Ripple Throughout Asia-Usman Ansari

im not so sure about the engine nabil... both engines are very identical
unless someone post a picture of the nozzle of ws-13...

The exhaust on the PAF aircraft looks longer than the test bed aircraft.
[/QUOTE]

I think it is the angle of the the camera to the plane. The 109 foto is more of a side view than the 06 shot. also 06 might have its "turkey fethers" closed relative to 109.

"JF-17 Block II [combat aircraft] may see a Chinese AESA [active electronically scanned array] radar along with an IRST [infrared search and track] , and an even better ECM [electronic countermeasures] suite."

Wider advances by China's aviation industry would result in "greater use of composites to reduce the overall airframe weight" for the JF-17 Block II, and also a thrust vectoring control engine; though Shabbir conceded the latter "has never been officially confirmed."

Chinese Avionics Advances Ripple Throughout Asia-Usman Ansari

Well for TVC, I heard that Chinese were testing TVC nozzle on WS-10 variant but had no news of WS-13 variant of TVC. What i make up from Chinese form is that the thrust has improved.

Su-30 is in different class of fighters ,you can't compare a heavy class fighter with that of a light weight MR so comparing them is wrong from day one,Su-30 is more in class of f-15's

Tejas Mk2 is still not operational and going with the history to what happened with tejas over the years ,it will be useless to have a comparison b/w both unless and until we don't see tejas operational, having on paper specifications by some fan boys and seeing an aircraft performing at air shows and in live exercises are hell two different things, so be patient till you witness it.

Bloack one jf-17 was said to be on par or even exceeding earlier blacks of f-16's in many parameters but was reported to be less capable than f-16 block 52+ and even to be precise many chinese sources quoted it to be 80% as good as f-16 block 52+ mean still lacking 20% in total capability but with the advent of block 2 ,with more advanced avionics ,IRST, IFR , use of composites , possible AESA radar we can roughly say that it would be on par with block 52+ (thats wat i think many can disagree as they hold their own opinion, feel free to do so) and as far as i know mig-29 and mirage200-5 are not more advanced that block 52+ so by going with that you can have a rough estimation of where jft block stands

Until and unless the real thing comes out nobody can assure you how will it look like and what things will be added , till then its all speculations and rumors , so wait for that to happen then we can analyze and compare it

When is IOC expected for block 2 and I was asking on air to air combat basis, which can be speculated since few things count IMO but i am not an expert just a guess, how many missiles you carry, how far can you go, thrust weight ratio, maneuverability, and most importantly whats under the nose.
So since there wont be any major structural changes and some of the features have already been tested and others are also in pipeline you can still create a little picture of the scenario and also most of the experts do know what improvements will be there, so i wanted to know that....

PLA-MKII
Perspective Lib. Army

Quote:
Yes, I understand, but the question some top brass asks is: What kind of tech transfer can we get for some ~100+ planes? Can they justify a large percentage of local production and spares assembly?
I think you'd be able to get most things you'd want. Tech transfer is buyer dependent because of the obviously large list of components. Local employment, manufacturing know-how and being able to produce some basic spares are some solid gains.

Furthermore, you could get off-set purchases, something unlikely with an F-16 purchase. Argentina should also be able to buy 110+ planes, something unlikely given the price of other options and the type of budgeting you've mentioned.

AESA radars, cruise missiles (Ra'ad), BVR capability, all come nicely along. The JF-17 is built from the beginning is a plug and play design and should be easy to integrate whatever weapons you need. You will not need British approval for purchasing standoff munitions of that class. Moreover, many of PAF's western weapons will already have been integrated and tested. Not to mention some Brazilian ones too including ARMs.

Another point is the very low cost of maintenance and training. While maintenance costs of F-16s are less compared to those say of the Mirage-2000, the infrastructure costs and the level of sophistication and resultant training is significantly high. The JF-17s are built with some similarity to the easy of maintenance of the F/A-18s. So you can have more teeth and less tail.

There is also a naval JF-17 Block II in development and this can complement the requirements of both the Argentine and Pakistan navies (mainly looking at corrosion issues and the use of naval weapons).argentinian air force - Page 3 - Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums any member about the confirm order of argentina

^ i think pla is munir's name on that site

jft blk2 will have navalized weapons but it wont be operated from carriers -- those aircrafts are designed from the beginning and are heavier than their land varients

sir p.shamim did say that a jft was flown to argentina/ajerbaijan - i dont remember

however the argentinians are concentrating on economy and i dont think they would buy any modern fighter for that matter

Pakistan Chief of Staff visits Aselsan, grabs info on Aselpod.
32795854764053110505.jpg

Source: Aselsan Official Magazine

^ i think pla is munir's name on that site

jft blk2 will have navalized weapons but it wont be operated from carriers -- those aircrafts are designed from the beginning and are heavier than their land varients

sir p.shamim did say that a jft was flown to argentina/ajerbaijan - i dont remember

however the argentinians are concentrating on economy and i dont think they would buy any modern fighter for that matter

it was airlifted for testing over there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom