What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I think that i should not really be bumping this thread, but i wanted to ask some questions. Members may please point me to relevant posts where they have been answered.

We have seen the J-20 being recently revealed for limited public consumption. As we all know, 5th gen fighters are complex machines and China seems to have progressed far beyond the drawing board.

Jf-17 is currently 4th gen and PAF seems to be scouting for Western avionics and missiles. But since China must be having quite modern avionics and missile tech due to the J-20 design, why can't the Jf-17 benefit from the same especially since China offers sanction proof weaponry?

Is it because PAF does not want to keep all eggs in one basket or is the J-20 still lacking tremendously even compared to the Russian PAKFA? Is the J-20 still a fuselage kind of concept where the aerodynamics need to be tested and not the avionics as yet?

I still find it surprising that China, even though at least a decade ahead of India technology wise, can come up with such advanced stuff. But then even US has begun to have worries over recent Chinese military progress.

I am not too aware of 5th gen technologies and so i hope my queries are not taken as a troll post.

Do u know how much China spend on R&D alone? It goes in Billions and this is the case for at least 15 years. Remember, PAF or Pak military, used mostly western systems for last 60 years and China had to keep us satisfied with their line of products. Not for a single instance did we lower our requirements, infact, we kept increasing them so much that Chinese friends complained in a friendly manner (JFT avionics, radar). At the moment, they are producing technologically superior products than many Asian countries simply because thay have wast resources, brain pool, money to spend on what they want. China is no longer a back water country of 60s and 70s. Its a reality that needs to be accepted. Comparing India with China is nothing but a joke. (Bitter reality though for many)

Do u know how much China spend on R&D alone? It goes in Billions and this is the case for at least 15 years. Remember, PAF or Pak military, used mostly western systems for last 60 years and China had to keep us satisfied with their line of products. Not for a single instance did we lower our requirements, infact, we kept increasing them so much that Chinese friends complained in a friendly manner (JFT avionics, radar). At the moment, they are producing technologically superior products than many Asian countries simply because thay have wast resources, brain pool, money to spend on what they want. China is no longer a back water country of 60s and 70s. Its a reality that needs to be accepted. Comparing India with China is nothing but a joke. (Bitter reality though for many)

Hi nabil_05,

No need to get angry. I asked an honest question. And i am not condescending towards China in any way. I have mentioned that China is at least a decade ahead of India and in saying this i assume that from now on India spends similar resources that China started spending at least a decade back. Tough task but if we are to be able to meet the Chinese geopolitical challenge we must at least try harder from now on.

Kindly take back your India hatred. I have not made fun of Pakistan. You have inside knowledge of the Pakistani armed forces. Surely you can offer some hints.

Not angry at all buddy :). Just compare the developments of successful product line of two countries both indigenous as well as exports. (Does India export any military product?). I have no hatred for anyone except those who hate my country and nationality.

Regards

jf17 in chinese defence magzine,sorry it's chinese.this artcle haven't new jf17's informations,only jf17blk1‘s simple instruction

translate link

????: http://www.fyjs.cn/bbs/read.php

chinese link
http://www.fyjs.cn/bbs/read.php?tid=303300&fpage=0&toread=&page=1

27_153655_39de945603560cc.jpg

Last edited:
Not angry at all buddy :). Just compare the developments of successful product line of two countries both indigenous as well as exports. (Does India export any military product?). I have no hatred for anyone except those who hate my country and nationality.

Regards

I am optimistic that in the next 10+ years India will be in a much superior position and will surprise many. We too have some money to spare and are investing in increasing our brain-pool.

Remember, PAF or Pak military, used mostly western systems for last 60 years and China had to keep us satisfied with their line of products. Not for a single instance did we lower our requirements, infact, we kept increasing them so much that Chinese friends complained in a friendly manner (JFT avionics, radar).

I do not really wish to write further in this thread. So my final questions based on your above comment is:

1) Are many Chinese avionics still behind Western counterparts like France and Germany even though J-20 has a prototype?

2) How soon do you estimate China to overcome these difficulties and will PAF use entirely Chinese systems in JF-17 blk3?

Regards.

I am optimistic that in the next 10+ years India will be in a much superior position and will surprise many. We too have some money to spare and are investing in increasing our brain-pool.

I do not really wish to write further in this thread. So my final questions based on your above comment is:

1) Are many Chinese avionics still behind Western counterparts like France and Germany even though J-20 has a prototype?

2) How soon do you estimate China to overcome these difficulties and will PAF use entirely Chinese systems in JF-17 blk3?

Regards.

1) Considering the medium tech avionics on JFT, they are better to what SAGEM proposed to PAF back in 2005 so yes they are on par or even batter as we had three options to choose from and we went with Chinese. (Italian too)

2) Only area that i know where China WAS lagging was in high tech avionics and radar but the arrival of j-10b and now with j-20, it should be covered too as only three nations have their stealth fighters out there. Many things will be revealed in near future.

1) Considering the medium tech avionics on JFT, they are better to what SAGEM proposed to PAF back in 2005 so yes they are on par or even batter as we had three options to choose from and we went with Chinese. (Italian too)

2) Only area that i know where China WAS lagging was in high tech avionics and radar but the arrival of j-10b and now with j-20, it should be covered too as only three nations have their stealth fighters out there. Many things will be revealed in near future.

Don't expect the Radar technology to lag behind, as Chinese have made numerous advances since the cold war age.

The rate at which electronics and radar industry is expanding is just phenomenal. Pick any two or three Radar principles/Engineering book and you will know what i mean.

I think gone are the days when world used to underestimate chinese technology. now they are quite much at par with world in avionics.
it is reality PAF pilots are very impressed with even present jf-17 avionics.
hope future will bring even more advancement .

Hi,

I think that i should not really be bumping this thread, but i wanted to ask some questions. Members may please point me to relevant posts where they have been answered.

We have seen the J-20 being recently revealed for limited public consumption. As we all know, 5th gen fighters are complex machines and China seems to have progressed far beyond the drawing board.

Jf-17 is currently 4th gen and PAF seems to be scouting for Western avionics and missiles. But since China must be having quite modern avionics and missile tech due to the J-20 design, why can't the Jf-17 benefit from the same especially since China offers sanction proof weaponry?

Is it because PAF does not want to keep all eggs in one basket or is the J-20 still lacking tremendously even compared to the Russian PAKFA? Is the J-20 still a fuselage kind of concept where the aerodynamics need to be tested and not the avionics as yet?

I still find it surprising that China, even though at least a decade ahead of India technology wise, can come up with such advanced stuff. But then even US has begun to have worries over recent Chinese military progress.

I am not too aware of 5th gen technologies and so i hope my queries are not taken as a troll post.
i think you go to the thread of chinies 5th generation fighter you will b find some data:cheers:

I think the tecnology is no longer a secret. What important is the ability to mass produce it with acceptable yield. That is why the Russian are buying electronic gadgets from China for their military equipments. I saw a report on an electronic show in China saying that Russian are buying Chinese product now to cut cost and time. For the same reason, China's engine industry is not competitive. But knowing the Chinese determination of self-reliance, they will overcome this in short time. (by the way, people are talking about the J20 might using Chinese engines for first flight)

I think the tecnology is no longer a secret. What important is the ability to mass produce it with acceptable yield. That is why the Russian are buying electronic gadgets from China for their military equipments. I saw a report on an electronic show in China saying that Russian are buying Chinese product now to cut cost and time. For the same reason, China's engine industry is not competitive. But knowing the Chinese determination of self-reliance, they will overcome this in short time. (by the way, people are talking about the J20 might using Chinese engines for first flight)

for this you should check out j-20 thread ,there are pictures of j-20 with Chinese and russian engine,it will help you

is it true..as i heard that jf-17 block 2nd is in testing stages.

and if it is in testing stages then i dnt think the 2nd block will have AESa or the new engine i mean the ws-13 or any engine with +90 thrrust max.

thanx in advance for answering this

can any one tell me whether blk II will have modified design and tell me the specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom