What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I know exactly what you mean, Sir. As always, it is not what you know, but WHO you know that gets you the authority. The lemmings follow.

Sigh.. Unfortunately the bounds of silence and sole (willing) witness leave me little choice but to stay mum in these matters. Stories of gold rolexes and qorma will simply have to be kept quiet.

As for the JF-17, there are still capable people in the program.. its just that right now.. there arent enough funds to pay off the interest on the loans taken for this program.. let alone new aircraft or testing.

Sigh.. Unfortunately the bounds of silence and sole (willing) witness leave me little choice but to stay mum in these matters. Stories of gold rolexes and qorma will simply have to be kept quiet.

As for the JF-17, there are still capable people in the program.. its just that right now.. there arent enough funds to pay off the interest on the loans taken for this program.. let alone new aircraft or testing.

Mum's the word, of course.

Woh dekho, aasmaan per Thunder urr raha hey. Ooper dekho, nechay nahi!

So the news of french magazine which said China has stopped funding JF-17 program was true?

So the news of french magazine which said China has stopped funding JF-17 program was true?

In that link I posted earlier, it was said that China has approached Russia to develop an improved version
of RD-93. So I think China is still funding the project but at the same time that link is from June 2012.
It will take some time as an AESA radar having high no. of T/R modules definitely require an engine with higher thrust. I am not sure how mcuh success has been seen by WS-13. I think the Russian air chief visited PAF HQ for the negotiations regarding RD-93.

In that link I posted earlier, it was said that China has approached Russia to develop an improved version
of RD-93. So I think China is still funding the project but at the same time that link is from June 2012.
It will take some time as an AESA radar having high no. of T/R modules definitely require an engine with higher thrust. I am not sure how mcuh success has been seen by WS-13. I think the Russian air chief visited PAF HQ for the negotiations regarding RD-93.

Faraz Sahab, these news are bogus.

China has 3 trillon dollars. They wil not worry abt funding few hundred million for jf17 project

Mafiya sahab, can you provide me the link where France said that China has stopped funding
for JF-17. I read this bit somewhere, but could not see any link. :)

It's in this thread somewhere. I couldn't find it on Google. Will take some time digging it

It's ironic that the sanction proof nature of the jf-17 was a major selling point for Pakistan. What we didn't account for was the complete incompetence of our economic planners. As it stands today, the jf-17 is sanctioned for all intents and purposes. We are unable to procure it at a rate we would like and we are unable to upgrade it at the pace the circumstances necessitate.

That is not to say it isn't a valuable fighter. It is a welcomed replacement for our vintage aircraft. But it's relative value moving forward only diminishes if we are unable to produce it and replace aircraft that are falling out of the sky and costing the lives of valuable pilots. It's leap in capabilities is less important if it is unable to maintain its technological advantages relative to other aircraft in the future. The regional scenario requires the PAF workhorse to be upgraded constantly, keeping it in line with a growing IAF arsenal. It also requires the workhorse to be present in the kind of numbers that make it a workhorse in the first place. Neither of which seems guaranteed.

As it stands, the jf-17 program is at a crossroads, whether we like to admit it or not. At some point potential and future capabilities must translate into the here and now. Without funding and the slightest hope for a sizable economic recovery, we have to consider the possibility that the jf-17 may never deliver on its promise. If we aren't even able to maintain our current disadvantaged situation relative to the IAF and fall further behind, then it has failed. It is unfortunate because the potential is there and always has been. But if there is anything to be learned from successive Pakistani governments, it's their ability to take the greatest of advantages and accomplishments, and run them into the ground.

It's ironic that the sanction proof nature of the jf-17 was a major selling point for Pakistan. What we didn't account for was the complete incompetence of our economic planners. As it stands today, the jf-17 is sanctioned for all intents and purposes. We are unable to procure it at a rate we would like and we are unable to upgrade it at the pace the circumstances necessitate.

That is not to say it isn't a valuable fighter. It is a welcomed replacement for our vintage aircraft. But it's relative value moving forward only diminishes if we are unable to produce it and replace aircraft that are falling out of the sky and costing the lives of valuable pilots. It's leap in capabilities is less important if it is unable to maintain its technological advantages relative to other aircraft in the future. The regional scenario requires the PAF workhorse to be upgraded constantly, keeping it in line with a growing IAF arsenal. It also requires the workhorse to be present in the kind of numbers that make it a workhorse in the first place. Neither of which seems guaranteed.

As it stands, the jf-17 program is at a crossroads, whether we like to admit it or not. At some point potential and future capabilities must translate into the here and now. Without funding and the slightest hope for a sizable economic recovery, we have to consider the possibility that the jf-17 may never deliver on its promise. If we aren't even able to maintain our current disadvantaged situation relative to the IAF and fall further behind, then it has failed. It is unfortunate because the potential is there and always has been. But if there is anything to be learned from successive Pakistani governments, it's their ability to take the greatest of advantages and accomplishments, and run them into the ground.

Lets be honest, would blame Pak Army to the greater extend it is getting larger chuck of "undeclared budget under the pretext of urgency". Air Force has no strong voice strange enough Army gets multifold money each year apart from the budget allotted like for the past 2 Years. My personal opinion is we have enough nukes Pak Army can live without producing more for the next couple of Years.

Musharraf biggest mistake was to slash 77 F-16s procurement numbers, in the name of humanitarian efforts nothing was done or achieved, people were/are at the same point, $5B were received from foreign donors no one knows where it went I know for the fact chak shehzad farmhouse is part of that haram maal.

I wish I had your clarity and eloquence Sir. Well said.

There was a drama back in the day my parents watched called "Ba-adab Ba-mulahiza, Hoshiyaar" on PTV, which had a dialogue one of the characters said "Ae Eemaan waalo, lambee lambee chordnay waalo ......" seems to be applicable to the JF-17 program too.

Most people on this thread, including the last couple of posters, are blowing out of their A$$ and do not know $hit about the status of the JF17 program. Keep in mind that status of LCA as well as MRCA programs has given PAF some breathing space and there is no need to run around like headless chickens.

slash 77 F-16s procurement numbers

???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom