What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JF-17 in dark colour scheme...too bad it failed to impress PAF.

616399_488549447857104_1712820792_o.jpg

Unproven.. as in undocumented.
As someone who "has" had some experience of being in places where "undocumented" things do happen.
You should understand when some "undocumented" things actually do exist...
It does seem to act as a thorn to those like me who actually have worked/seen touched.. "undocumented" things.

Fair enough. I will take it as an unproven (or undocumented) claim until actually demonstrated. No rush. :D

VCheng, in this case i would take Oscar's word for it. Doing a loop isn't new. However, as he said, accelerating while doing a loop is now a different ball game.

Does anyone know which pylons will the JF-17 carry the CM400AKG on?

Considering JF-17 can fire C802 and CM400AKG for anti-ship roles, we can assume that Future naval attack units will be JF-17?

Actual demonstrations trump words anytime in my book. I am not talking about a loop.

In literal sense, immense is used here to demonstrate the thrust of 1:1.

It is from someone who is knowledgeable, also, loop is a basic maneuver for most post WW2 fighter aircraft including Mig-17, 19, F-7s, even draggy Mirages can pull them.

I am not talking about a loop, but a straight up climb right after pull-up such as the one shown in the video I posted earlier. I suspect that the JF-17 has a true T:W of just under 1:1 with its present engine.

I am not talking about a loop, but a straight up climb right after pull-up such as the one shown in the video I posted earlier. I suspect that the JF-17 has a true T:W of just under 1:1 with its present engine.

VCheng well you will have to wait for zoom maneuver until real combat someday.

The video you posted that F-16 banked slightly to right and then straightened up and continued with its constant climb. It was quite a slow one there are better ones I've seen.

4.18-4.35 [if the video is of any help to people and debatable]

JF-17 goes straight and starts pulling up goes into vertical climb.

Last edited by a moderator:
VCheng well you will have to wait for zoom maneuver until real combat someday.

The video you posted that F-16 banked slightly to right and then straightened up and continued with its constant climb. It was quite a slow one there are better ones I've seen.

4.18-4.35 [if the video is of any help to people and debatable]

JF-17 goes straight and starts pulling up goes into vertical climb.

That is exactly the point. A vertical climb without carrying speed into it is the proper demonstration of an "immense" T:W ratio.

All the flying displays of the JF-17 revealed so far indicate that the true T:W with it present engine is less than the claimed 1:1.

And I hope that the JF-17 never flies in anger. I don't like war.

That is exactly the point. A vertical climb without carrying speed into it is the proper demonstration of an "immense" T:W ratio.

All the flying displays of the JF-17 revealed so far indicate that the true T:W with it present engine is less than the claimed 1:1.

And I hope that the JF-17 never flies in anger. I don't like war.
that's what i noted in its very first demonstration ........... engine lacks power ... thrust to weight ratio looks to be around .85 to .9....

Any NEWS about the total number of JF 17 and other aircrafts in PAF fleet?

Source

By Staff Reporter

Published: November 10, 2012

KAMRA: Chairman of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Air Marshal Sohail Gul has said that Pakistan has the capacity to export indigenously manufactured JF-17 Thunder fighter after meeting the requirements of PAF.

In an interview on Saturday, the Chairman of the complex said that sixty percent of the airframe of the fighter would be manufactured in Pakistan from next year . He said so far 47 JF-17 Thunder fightrs have ben supplied to the PAF and three more would be handed over to the airforce by the end of this year.

Air Marshal Sohail Gul said the present manufacturing/assembly capacity is sixteen per year which could be taken to 25 or 26 depending on demand. He said several countries have shown interest in the acquisition of these aircraft and was confident that soon JF-17 would be seen flying in Middle East and Far East.

He said PAC Kamra was carrying out overhauling of JCT Trainers, fighter and commercial planes and under an agreement providing parts for Boeing-777 aircraft to the Boeing Company.

Source

By Staff Reporter

Published: November 10, 2012

KAMRA: Chairman of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Air Marshal Sohail Gul has said that Pakistan has the capacity to export indigenously manufactured JF-17 Thunder fighter after meeting the requirements of PAF.

In an interview on Saturday, the Chairman of the complex said that sixty percent of the airframe of the fighter would be manufactured in Pakistan from next year . He said so far 47 JF-17 Thunder fightrs have ben supplied to the PAF and three more would be handed over to the airforce by the end of this year.

Air Marshal Sohail Gul said the present manufacturing/assembly capacity is sixteen per year which could be taken to 25 or 26 depending on demand. He said several countries have shown interest in the acquisition of these aircraft and was confident that soon JF-17 would be seen flying in Middle East and Far East.

He said PAC Kamra was carrying out overhauling of JCT Trainers, fighter and commercial planes and under an agreement providing parts for Boeing-777 aircraft to the Boeing Company.

better avionics
improved engine
more use of Composite material
new radar
inflight refueling
IRST
increased payload
such modifications will be good for jft

any news about the new pac facility .?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back