What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
not if your T/w is greater than 1.

Those loops are carried out at speeds greater than take-off speeds. If your speed is low, your AoA increases. And if it breaches the Aircraft's maximum AoA limit(by slow speed or vigorous turning, or both of them together which are the conditions prevailing at this juncture if an aircraft wants to go close to 90 degrees up just after take-off), the fighter goes into a stall.

There is no limit on AOA either, its verticalloop is sharper/shorter than f16.

Dont take it as trolling, but I have not seen JF17 performing a complete Vertical loop. It always breaks off quite before 270 degrees of vertical circle. Same is the case with J10. They never dive to the horizontal point where from they started the vertical loop.

If it has completed 270 degrees then completing the loop and straightening up should not be problem though.

Dont take it as trolling, but I have not seen JF17 performing a complete Vertical loop. It always breaks off quite before 270 degrees of vertical circle. Same is the case with J10. They never dive to the horizontal point where from they started the vertical loop.

point to be noted, my lord - thus your excitement.

Reason is that in jf-17 manual, it is mentioned that the moment a pilot attempted a loop, wings (made of cardboard) will shatter and crash is inevitable.

not if your T/w is greater than 1.
When you enter into a stall, lose lift, and don't have thrust vectoring, how are you going to orient your aircraft in the right direction? What stops the aircraft from changing direction and course and making all the thrust point towards the wrong direction? Besides, has JF-17 done atleast 1 post stall maneuver?

On a serious note, here is your answer...

JF-17 is performing a Roll of the Top - ROT followed by an aileron roll followed by another ROT. Basic energy manoeuvring: any aircraft that can perform a single ROT can do a thousand loops as loop returns the aircraft to its original kinetic energy whereas in the ROT speed is converted into altitude only. Hence doing it twice requires an immense thrust to weight ratio

Wing Commander Rashid Habib, Pakistan Air Force Test Pilot JF-17 Thunder.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a serious note, here is your answer...

JF-17 is performing a Roll of the Top - ROT followed by an aileron roll followed by another ROT. Basic energy manoeuvring: any aircraft that can perform a single ROT can do a thousand loops as loop returns the aircraft to its original kinetic energy whereas in the ROT speed is converted into altitude only. Hence doing it twice requires an immense thrust to weight ratio

and we live happily ever after!

jf-17+thunder+(1).jpg

At Zuhai air show 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom