What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JF-17 Thunder Long Range Precision Strike Role With H-4 TV/Inertially Guided Bombs

JF-17%20Thunder%20Pakistan%20Air%20Force%20PAF%20C-802A%20Anti-ship%20Missile%20SD-10A%20BVRAAM%20PL-5E%20II%20WVRAAM%20%20500%20kg%20LS-6%20Satellite%20Inertially%20Guided%20Bomb%20LT-3%20LT-2LS-500J%20Laser%20%20HAFER%20H-4PGM%20RAAD%20MAR-1%20%285%29.jpg

For long range precision strike against the fixed ground targets JF-17 Thunder can carry upto two localy produced H-4 extended range TV/Inertially Guided Bombs which have range of 120 km. In this mission profile JF-17 Thunder will carry four SD-10A BVRAAMs and two PL-5E II WVRAAM for self-defense purposes.

Open link for more info.

http://http://chinesemilitaryreview.blogspot.com/2012/10/jf-17-thunder-long-range-precision.html

There are 51 Block-Is, as one of the JF-17 crashed last year. The unit is replaced.
About Block-II, it will probably start from 13-201, not 13-251.

Well, that is a news for me that we have 51 of these. Any source you want to share. Last i checked, PAF is still operating just 2 squadrons; both stationed at Peshawar.

Well, that is a news for me that we have 51 of these. Any source you want to share. Last i checked, PAF is still operating just 2 squadrons; both stationed at Peshawar.

Yes, PAF is operating two active Squadrons of No.26 and No.16, both of which are stationed in Peshawar. The third Squadron, which was under trials during the time, completed the 50 units mark but sadly one of those aircraft which was under trials in PAC Kamra, crashed killing the pilot. Reason of crash was a FOD entering the intakes. The unit is replaced, which mean total units produced are 51 and total units present are 50. 12 units are new, excluding the mishap, and third squadron is to be raised within a month according to latest news. The jets are ready, it's the pilot training and conversion, which has taken a lot of time.

Yes, PAF is operating two active Squadrons of No.26 and No.16, both of which are stationed in Peshawar. The third Squadron, which was under trials during the time, completed the 50 units mark but sadly one of those aircraft which was under trials in PAC Kamra, crashed killing the pilot. Reason of crash was a FOD entering the intakes. The unit is replaced, which mean total units produced are 51 and total units present are 50. 12 units are new, excluding the mishap, and third squadron is to be raised within a month according to latest news. The jets are ready, it's the pilot training and conversion, which has taken a lot of time.

Looking forward for that. It is almost a year to that unfortunate incident where we lost a thunder along with an experienced pilot.

Looking forward for that. It is almost a year to that unfortunate incident where we lost a thunder along with an experienced pilot.

Squadron Leader Muhammad Hussain (Shaheed) was one of the most experienced JF-17 pilots, and the chosen test pilot.

The mishap occurred while No.16 Squadron team was in Dubai for air show, and during the anniversary of the accident this year, the JF-17 team (No.16 I guess) is going to be performing in Chinese Air Show.

I think Najam Khan already posted this in the mail thread...
and the error about H-4 PGM was discussed to death...to a level of discouraging the OP....

Actually it is nothing much but a pictorial representation of differnt mission profile JF17 can have with different missiles and kits e.t.c--------

I think it would have been better if they were posted in main JF17 thread......

Now, apart from the Indians, Prasun Sengupta wont be spared by the Pakistanis as well.:lol:

:rofl:

This is just the second comment in that blog which says.......

rad said...

dear Prasun

please point out the source of tech for the 2 cruise missiles that are on the jf-17.Are both south african?. Its quite impressive to say the least.At least they know what they are doing and what systems they are working on, unlike people in charge of LCA. how effective is the mars antiradiation misile?. why dont we get some thing like that . how effective is the kh-31 in the antiradiation role?. we dont seems to have any equal to the airborne cruise missile they have . we could easily develop one with israel or convert the barak ie anti radiation to the role as well, but foresight and planning is a thing that people dont have here

October 26, 2012 11:02 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm really ashamed that Everyone is ripping Najam work without crediting him. Indians and chinese both. Najam please put Najam Khan tag on every poster and for indians, please check JF-17 info pool najam posted his posters a week ago.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom