What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
sometimes i dont get somethings, like late weapon integrations when we had a specefif Prototype uild in 2003-2005 which was for avionics and weapon testing platform and PT 3 WAS build for load testing but why these load tests are being done now? Why it wasnt done in on those SPB JF-17's which were inducted in 07-08 or on those which were made in Pakistan 3 years ago? Or what was the purpose of PT3 PT4 PT6 than which were build in 2003-2005 time frame why load testing wasnt done on those prototypes or on SPB?

I think it comes down to nessecity. The jf-17 was, and is, sorely needed in numbers to replace the vintage aircraft we have in service today. A modern aircraft with an up to date man machine interface is not only a quantum leap in efficiency for the PAF, but it also means we won't be sending up our pilots in planes that might legitimately cause their demise on each and every mission. The mirage and f-7s have served us well, but they are quickly turning into death traps.
The jf-17 was the need of the hour, day, week, year...whatever one wants to call it; I believe combat capability was considered secondary to a modern platform that will at best allow for new generation tactics to be practiced and in the worst case will keep our pilots alive.

Chin hardpoint, multilauch rails tested/verified, so it upto the user to use them as per needs.

Twin barrel gun has its advantages, Gsh 23 series is rugged, accurate and reliable.

-Multi lauch rails with SD-10 or PL-5 II E ?? ..

-Secondly We all know it will take some more time for us to completely know the upgrades and such ..

But how would (in the light of what you have heard from your sources) rate the upgrade ... talking in the blocks of F-16... we all know upgrades in EW equipment, radar and other avionics were mentioned time and again ... but what will be the overall effect...

-Thirdly any news about SD-10B or PL-10 and HMS ...

load tests complete,,, ready for more pics in coming days....

N3RNF.jpg

jtWiE.jpg
LKV7f.jpg

We have been using the term "Block II" very frequently on this forum, would "Batch 2" be an appropraite term to use for the second lot of 50 thunders as there are not going to be any significant changes.

Term "Block" should be used to designate the lot which has significant changes/upgrades from the previous block in terms of overall performance. my two cents.

ok sir i mean batch 2 is on his way

Chin hardpoint, multilauch rails tested/verified, so it upto the user to use them as per needs.

Twin barrel gun has its advantages, Gsh 23 series is rugged, accurate and reliable.

This means JFT may well be carrying
2 x WVRAAM
4 x BVRAAM (2 on one hard point using multilaunch rails)
1 x EW or Targeting POD or FLIR (as per mission requirement) on Chin Hard point
and have 3 hard point vacant for either fuel tanks, other Missie etc as per requirement.

Perfect!
:)

As myself and many have been stressing that multi launch rail and one chine mounted hard point will solve the problem of JFT having lesser punching power!

Great news!

This means JFT may well be carrying
2 x WVRAAM
4 x BVRAAM (2 on one hard point using multilaunch rails)
1 x EW or Targeting POD or FLIR (as per mission requirement) on Chin Hard point
and have 3 hard point vacant for either fuel tanks, other Missie etc as per requirement.

Perfect!
:)

As myself and many have been stressing that multi launch rail and one chine mounted hard point will solve the problem of JFT having lesser punching power!

Great news!

Arsalan you are forgetting RD-93 issues with such load configuration.

Arsalan you are forgetting RD-93 issues with such load configuration.

That may not be the most pertinent issue...as previous load tests have tested the MTOW and performance with the RD-93 using simulated weights ABOVE what such a config will entail.

RD 93 will only be an issue once pay load exceeds 3500kg(max is 4600)..i dont think so a 200 kg BVR even in four numbers with central 1000 liter oil tank (~1000kg) and few WVR will be an isuue..
though my knowledge is less than that of an amateur

So are there any plans of adding new hard points for additional load or use of multi rail? Multi rail has it's own weight and radar signature, additinal hard pints would be much better in my opinion.

all the load/ stress testing (200% with wing bend and twist verification) has been done with RD-93 onboard, the aircraft is now qualified to carry additional payloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom