What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont want to go off topic..but LCA mk2 will have a much better engine and seemingly a better radar and avionics but that will also make it much more costlier probably nearly double that of block 2. also to add it would come after 2015

Tejas MK 1 will be inducted by mid 2014....So MK-II which involves new engine,radar and avionics etc would take time to come in to IAF.... probably around 2016-17 at best....by the time JF-17 will have its block III...

So lets jut leave this topic here and get back to the topic of JFT...

You are the CPA buddy.. you are paying for the Jf-17's on loans.. and have trouble paying for even the interest charged on them..from CHINA!
So as you can see.. the financial liquidity is not too good.

Yeah man it was just wishful thinking. Some how I was under the impression it was paid for under Mushraff rule. Well no more dreaming. Go JFT

Wikipedia is not a reliable website.

A reliable news website/author would be Airforces Monthly, for example.

Sir I did not mention reliance on wiki. I was quoting globalsecurity.org. That is it for me gentlemen. I believe I have caused enough havoc in this forum.

If by that you mean for the PAF...
There is a Letter of Intent signed between PAF and CATIC for the FC-20.. whose specifications were fluid based on whatever new the Chinese offered. As of now it still is a letter of intent for financial reasons only.
But whatever the PAF has in mind for the FC-20 has them giddy as schoolboys about it.

i just posted a video in this thread....it is of 7th may 2012, thats few days ago and you can see a j-10b in the background.
note the colour is yellow...
why would chines still be testing j-10b as prototype if its finished product?
may be its still a work in progress and thats why PAF not getting any?

I avoid comparisons since for that you need precise published data or otherwise claims and counter-claims will be rebuffed.
But compared to the LCA Mk-1..the second Batch of JF-17s is a more versatile aircraft..
When the LCA Mk II comes into play with its exact specs and demonstrations.. it may very will be superior to the JF-17 block-II in many ways.

Very diplomatic man..!! ;)

i just posted a video in this thread....it is of 7th may 2012, thats few days ago and you can see a j-10b in the background.
note the colour is yellow...
why would chines still be testing j-10b as prototype if its finished product?
may be its still a work in progress and thats why PAF not getting any?

I went to airforcesmothly.com and searched J10B/Fc-20. I found an news item published in November 2009 in UK Financial Time. As per the news item a deal worth $1.4 Billion was done for 36 J-10 as Pakistan specifications to be operational in 2015. That is why globalsecurity.org showing 36 FC-20 in PAF list of fighters in 2015 along with 250JFT and 84 F-16. I have posted the news item in J-10 MMRCA thread and I believe this what is going on.

And just how did I destroyed this thread? By bringing all of you to realty? Learn to take the negative too. Be positive but realistically positive.

Please read through all of my posts, I joined this forum by praising JF-17 (which I love deeply weather anybody believes it or not don't give a damn) Then I started to find out via the past posts of this forum that we all expecting too much out of it, I find out the real threat and our defensive capabilities and made me realize that apparently we are as usual living in the dream world.

You know when Nabil posted about the stealth version of JF-17 coming out in 2012 I was jumping up and down. Go through my posts please. NOBODY IS AGAINST JFT.

Your posts were off topic. Since the thread is about JFT development. Not about JFT is good or bad or whether we should buy aircraft from Russia or not.

By the way despite what you said i am still a huge fan of JFT and think that it is the best think PAF did with resources it had and with the political/strategic conditions Pakistan is facing.

Your posts were off topic. Since the thread is about JFT development. Not about JFT is good or bad or whether we should buy aircraft from Russia or not.

By the way despite what you said i am still a huge fan of JFT and think that it is the best think PAF did with resources it had and with the political/strategic conditions Pakistan is facing.

Well Areesh

Let me give you a news I AM A MUCH BIGGER FAN OF JFT THEN YOU. Because I have accepted it with all of goods and short comings. You know why accepting and realizing the short comings is important because so that we could overcome those shortcomings and constantly make improvements. And yes this is the best thing PAF did but only to the extent defending against Bangladesh and Siri Lanka.

Good News sir. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Farooqui Saheb. Now let us just get back to the topic. All I want to say that J-20 is not in picture in near future except a lot of technology being developed for it also directed towards PAC.
Had Musharraf were in power, we could realistically dream.

I think Pakistan and China should start selling this plane as soon as possible. Pakistan especially, because India is moving very fast in the aerospace sector and if we are going to get in par with them, then we will have to spend MONEY to go into additional R&D to develop advanced fighters/improve JF-17.

I think Pakistan and China should start selling this plane as soon as possible. Pakistan especially, because India is moving very fast in the aerospace sector and if we are going to get in par with them, then we will have to spend MONEY to go into additional R&D to develop advanced fighters/improve JF-17.

CB4

I believe we could achieve what ever you wrote but man too many enemies with in and outside. My thinking is rapidly changing. I believe rather then twine engine fighters a change of political spectrum is more important and the change must come with in months. Go JFT

Thanks Farooqui Saheb. Now let us just get back to the topic. All I want to say that J-20 is not in picture in near future except a lot of technology being developed for it also directed towards PAC.
Had Musharraf were in power, we could realistically dream.

Shamim Sahib

If I would open my mouth about how and by whom Musharraf was removed, this forum would lit up by fire and even before most people would be able to read my thoughts Irfan Baloch sahib would jump in delete my post.

I think J-20 would be a little too expensive for us. I would go for JFT stealth versions if powers to be would allow it.

We heard about the optical pod being tested but PAC/CAC were actually testing the new fiber optic(4 wires) harness. This not only reduces the weight but replaces the fly by wire with a fly by light technology with electrical/optical conversion at each end i.e. FCC computer and to the ailerons on the wings. The electrical-optical conversion in the signal line uses systems produced by Hub Defense Photonics Group of South Plainfield, NJ . Each concentrator can condense thousands of double-circuit signals in a single optical bus. FBL technology offers significant savings in weight and safer fly-by-wire systems. The system streamlines a bulky cable assembly in only four fiber optic cables. The fiber optic harness transmits a signal for more redundant system integrity and security. A fly-by-wire require additional harness to achieve the same level of security.

By the way, there are rumors that a block-2 JF-17 PT-08 is already flying in China

Sir pshamim in another forum

CB4

I believe we could achieve what ever you wrote but man too many enemies with in and outside. My thinking is rapidly changing. I believe rather then twine engine fighters a change of political spectrum is more important and the change must come with in months. Go JFT

Twin engine fighter jets like J-11/J-15 CANNOT come to Pakistan's Air Force NOW. Maybe after another decade....

I heard just for the F-16 for every flight you're paying like thousands of dollars in maintenance. Single Engine jets can be every bit as capable. Why purchase two engines, when it is huge in size, which will also effect runway size, hanger size change, and new trainers...
Not only do MOST twin engines jets have huge RCS, their speeds and manoeuvring are as equal as single engined jets.The only advantage i see is Range....

A single engine jet like JF-17 is every bit as capable. In today's modern fighter jets like JF-17 you are looking for it to carry weapons like BVR, Short Air to Air, Anti-Radiation Missiles, Cruise Missiles Anti-Shipping, Smart Percision Bombs, carry Pods and jammers, capable of carrying 7 or more hard points, 120km+ Radar Range, 4.5 Generation Avionics --- easy and time saving for pilots

Looks like PLAAF is permanently using JF-17 as a chase aircraft while testing J-20

Yeah that appear as such and so I do wonder about the significance of using the JF-17 instead of some of the more able platforms available (J-10Bs, the J-11Bs or the Su-30s) !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom