What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For DRONE ATTACKS:
Pak bros! I met a gentle man on FB. He told me that he was defence analyst and he was present is all parties conference over US/nato salala attack and that our former ISI chief Pasha said that 'drones are killing terrorists not innocent and they're good for Pakistan'.
"HE ALSO TOLD ME THAT OVER 24 OF OUR PILOTS WERE JAILED"
HE DIDN'T TELL ME THE REASON & ASKED ME TO PRAY TO ALLAH.
CONDITION IS MUCH MORE COMPLEX WHEN IT COMES TO DRONE ATTACKS.

Chinese will not incoporate canard design into JF-17 even PAF wants it. They would not want J-10 project to be put into jeopardy..

They are some technology that be exclusive only for PLA armed forces only.

The cobra moves demonstrate the exceptional agility of the fighter..

While High speed turning will be the key in future aerial battle..

that is some interesting claim there. help me to understand how putting a canard (a known and pretty much used concept on aeroplanes across the world) on jF-17 can jeopardise an unrelated and totally different class aeroplane program?

if you had said that the current design of JF-17 doesnt allow or has room or necessity for a canard then that would have been less startling. maybe you have some inside information or knowledge that I am not aware of so please forgive me but this claim is comical please forgive me

that is some interesting claim there. help me to understand how putting a canard (a known and pretty much used concept on aeroplanes across the world) on jF-17 can jeopardise an unrelated and totally different class aeroplane program?

if you had said that the current design of JF-17 doesnt allow or has room or necessity for a canard then that would have been less startling. maybe you have some inside information or knowledge that I am not aware of so please forgive me but this claim is comical please forgive me

That's actually not that surprising, the more advantages J10 has over JF 17, the higher the chances of China to sell it to PAF. Technically (radar, avionics), JF 17 already is close to J10, if it now gets more comparable in performance, buying J10 will not be worth it anymore.
No matter how close China gets to Pakistan, they still have to look at their own interest first and Pakistan is possibly the biggest importer of Chinese arms and techs, so they obviously will have an eye on what is good for their sales as well.

That's actually not that surprising, the more advantages J10 has over JF 17, the higher the chances of China to sell it to PAF. Technically (radar, avionics), JF 17 already is close to J10, if it now gets more comparable in performance, buying J10 will not be worth it anymore.
No matter how close China gets to Pakistan, they still have to look at their own interest first and Pakistan is possibly the biggest importer of Chinese arms and techs, so they obviously will have an eye on what is good for their sales as well.

not disputing that, the keyword is canards that got me going hehe.....

@Beast

so its mean j-10 with canards can jeopardise typhoon and refale ?what a logic man

Yes,it can. J-10B can match Typhoon , Rafale..

One of the reason J-10 is inducted into PLAAF is its superior agility and exceptional dogfigthing ability.

When Su-27K was inducted into PLAAF, the top brass people are very impressed with it, it is a very agile and powerful fighter. They in fact , see no reason to go for J-10 since it has a shorter leg and doubt its ability..

An aerial fight was conducted from Chengdu J-10 and Shenyang J-11(Su-27K). In fact, J-10 was outnumbered 2 vs 4 but J-11 were still thrashed by J-10. They repeated the aerial fight a few times, the result is the same.. This convinced Top brass of PLAAF to continue with J-10 project.

Chengdu and Shenyang aviation corps are fierce rival. There is no reason the fight will be rigged to let J-10 win on purpose. All the while Shenyang is the most important aviation group in China until J-10 changed the whole scene.

Yes, you see JF-17 never get inducted into PLAAF. Becos it cannot meet the criteria of PLAAF. Even the radar JF-17 KLJ-7 radar is a downgrade of KLJ-10 of J-10.

Yes, you see JF-17 never get inducted into PLAAF. Becos it cannot meet the criteria of PLAAF. Even the radar JF-17 KLJ-7 radar is a downgrade of KLJ-10 of J-10.

for both cases.. the operational requirements of the PAF are very different from the ones for the PLAAF.
The KLJ-7 is a mini KLJ-10..the difference being primarily antenna size and output power.

@Beast

so its mean j-10 with canards can jeopardise typhoon and refale ?what a logic man

Sorry for offtopic.

Wel come back Imran Bhai. And what happend to yr Posts number 1658 and thanked 13886 :O

J-10 is aircrft intended for different role than thunder. and canard isnt some super secret technology, its simply a different type of design. what i meant PAF/CAC if wanted could have made thunder a delta canard desgn instead of delta tailed designed but PAF liked the current design . canard inherently doesnt make an aircrft superior it only makes it different. f-15,f-18 dont have canard yet are best among fighters today

J-10 is aircrft intended for different role than thunder. and canard isnt some super secret technology, its simply a different type of design. what i meant PAF/CAC if wanted could have made thunder a delta canard desgn instead of delta tailed designed but PAF liked the current design . canard inherently doesnt make an aircrft superior it only makes it different. f-15,f-18 dont have canard yet are best among fighters today

F-15 and f-18 design are 70s era fighter design.

Nabil:

One last question. Tell me that we are working towards a stealthy version of JFT or some other Stealth options. That would really make my otherwise very depressing day.

There are two options here...

1. There is a genuine RCS reduced prototype under the warp in China that is known to have a stealthy (reduced RCS) diamond shape nose and slightly modified DSI intakes. Nothing more has been heard on it for quite a while.

2. China has already proposed a new, single engine stealth fighter to PAF last year, which has been accepted after usual PAF proposed changes, this fighter is being developed as an export stealth fighter, much like the F35 JSF. Huitong confirmed its existence and many Chinese insiders (including Pupu) have also confirmed its existence. It is likely to fly by late 2012 or early 2013. My source has also confirmed this news.

PAF has plenty of plans for next gen... that's why we don't hear al ot about it.

There are two options here...

1. There is a genuine RCS reduced prototype under the warp in China that is known to have a stealthy (reduced RCS) diamond shape nose and slightly modified DSI intakes. Nothing more has been heard on it for quite a while.

2. China has already proposed a new, single engine stealth fighter to PAF last year, which has been accepted after usual PAF proposed changes, this fighter is being developed as an export stealth fighter, much like the F35 JSF. Huitong confirmed its existence and many Chinese insiders (including Pupu) have also confirmed its existence. It is likely to fly by late 2012 or early 2013. My source has also confirmed this news.

PAF has plenty of plans for next gen... that's why we don't hear al ot about it.

It is only logical that China will come up with an Export Stealth and a non export stealth..
Non export being J-20 and one or more smaller...more affordable export versions....To counter act F-22 and F-35.

You think you are the only one, ask those pilots how they feel when the airspace they swore to defend with their lives is violated day in day out and they are not allowed to do a thing about it.

I second this, there is anger and frustration over a traitorous government decision for not engaging drones at any cost. PAF, as much as we all want it to engage drones, cannot simply take action on its own only to be named as a "rogue entity" which is not under control by "poor" government. Things are not as easy as they appear in Pakistan particularly for our military. Yanks and company are eagerly waiting for an excuse to put them under pressure by any means.

It is only logical that China will come up with an Export Stealth and a non export stealth..
Non export being J-20 and one or more smaller...more affordable export versions....To counter act F-22 and F-35.
hopefully the Chinese single engine version of Stealth wont have the complications and controversies attributed to F-35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom