What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
today i was able to see for the first time the video of the dubae air show.its too late but i was in some no internet area.every time i see the jets new vids with great expectations but every time i get disappointed at the end.as a neutral observer the performance of the thunder seems very ordinary.only one set of manouvres in all the 3 air shows which do not include a simple complete loop which even a mushshak can do.if paf wants to impress the foreigners at the air show with the thunder then they should include some new manouvres.atleast change the sequence of the manouvres for God sake.thunder is simply not as impressive as f-16 in any of these 3 shows.

I think the main problem here is CAC's lack of money (or just for economic reason) to make enough prototypes for testing and other works (because, as we all know, the FC-1 project is not sponsored by PLAAF). So, at first, they had to send both Pt-04 and Pt-06 to Pakistan for evaluation, comparison, weapon integration and etc by PAF. When they finished most part of the job, Pt-06, which is the only thunder owned by CAC, got returned to China. And then, it's their turn to do all the weapon integration and testing work for PLAAF.

When the prototypes were in Pakistan, there were very few leaked photos to tell us what they were doing with it. But later after Pt-06 got back and flying in China's sky, there are millions of photos everyday to show what exactly it's doing thanks to the wall climbing party. That gives some people wrong impression that weapon integration task met some problems and only get solved now. But actually it's not the truth.

today i was able to see for the first time the video of the dubae air show.its too late but i was in some no internet area.every time i see the jets new vids with great expectations but every time i get disappointed at the end.as a neutral observer the performance of the thunder seems very ordinary.only one set of manouvres in all the 3 air shows which do not include a simple complete loop which even a mushshak can do.if paf wants to impress the foreigners at the air show with the thunder then they should include some new manouvres.atleast change the sequence of the manouvres for God sake.thunder is simply not as impressive as f-16 in any of these 3 shows.

Hey,dude
plz visit this video of dubai airshow .Listen to the live commentator about 5:50 . When he said very very maneuverable aircraft, actually the live commentator was very impressed.
Perhaps ,it is different feeling between live and video

PAF JF 17 Thunder Performing At Dubai Air Show 2011 11 13 - YouTube

Hey,dude
plz visit this video of dubai airshow .Listen to the live commentator about 5:50 . When he said very very maneuverable aircraft, actually the live commentator was very impressed.
Perhaps ,it is different feeling between live and video

comemtator is bound to praise the performnace of the jet because he is the comentator.i doubt he passed negative remarks about the performance of any jet which participated in the show

comemtator is bound to praise the performnace of the jet because he is the comentator.i doubt he passed negative remarks about the performance of any jet which participated in the show

LiPEI ,who is avic's head of the JFT project ,his interviews said that JFT future version will have bigger thrust engine and also JFT can increase TVC nozzle according to the requirement .i think JFT blk2 or blk3 mobility will be very excellent and enough to satisfy all your desires.^^

@epinephrine said..
"comemtator is bound to praise the performnace of the jet because he is the comentator.i doubt he passed negative remarks about the performance of any jet which participated in the show"

My friend, do you know how an aircraft maneuverability is judged? If you do than you would have never said the above. I have seen the first prototype going through loops and the video is on youtube though i do not have the link right now. Notice it's remarkably quick recovery after each maneuver which i have not seen many aircraft doing in any airshow. Before you say, oh the f-16 does it, there is a heck of difference between speeds of two as the f-16 has ABs on while JFT does not, in fact its top speed is between 400-500 kts at best. Its instantaneous turning is a delight to watch if you notice. Real agility is not observed at high speeds because even a Fantom (f-4) seemed agile at supersonic speeds but in reality, it was a dud against Viet Migs.

From another forum:-

OK, unfortunatelty not much new news on Block II JF-17 or second production line, as this report was done in April and JF-17 project is obviously moving at very fast pace.

However it does give a VERY glowing account of JF-17 and Alan Warnes seems to be in love with this plane. Supplement split in to several bits covering JF-17, FF-17 at Farnbororugh, PAC and Exercise High Mark 2010.

Article has some good CG pics of two JF-17s being air refuelled and the two seater JF-17 version.

PAC stuff, Farnborough stuff and High Mark stuff obviously all well known to us.

Interesting new bits

1) Testing now happening with C802 Anti-ship missile on JF-17
2) Chinese LGB being inducted
3) PAC also going to produce KLJ-7 radar
4) Still looking at western avionics and BVRAAM fit (although this may be outdated news after second JF-17 batch now ordered)
5) Warnes praises PAF pilots in WVR combat. Confirms we bagged several Eurofighters during Anatolian Eagle
6) 26 sqd equipped with new planes, 16 sqd taking on 26sqds old JF-17s. Next unit to be a Mirage unit
7) Mirage air to air refuelling capability is test bed for PAC to fit similar on JF-17
8) PAC aircraft manufacturing factory and avionics factory have doubled in size. 2 JF-17s a month being produced
9) Chinese day/night designation pod and glide bombs being incorporated
10) Much foreign interest being shown. Outside NATO this bird will sell like hot cakes
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjcwNDE3NzYw.html
http://www.pakdef.info/forum/showthread.php?12971-JF-17-Related-Discussion-2011/page11
Originally posted by yasser

Some points raised by a reputed "redgriffin" poster at another forum
http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/sho...&postcount=960
"@ Black Archer, ''No''. Copyrights, you might have heard of them? Buy your own copy my friend. And the artist's impression of the actual two seater design is way more graceful than what you've posted. Infact if (God willing) the 2 seater becomes a reality, it will be amongst the best looking dual seat fighter variants out there IMHO.
I'm amazed at how this aircraft has grown through it's development. I remember meeting an airforce officer (a group captian, GDP) about 2 years back who told me that the F-16s would be our last US purchase. I asked him about the Thunder at that time and he said it was ok for our needs thats it.
I met him again at a wedding this March, and this time around he was gushing with pride and pleasure over the Thunder. ''It's a wonderful aircraft. We've fully opened up the envelope, very highly agile, 9Gs etc etc''.
What struck me most at that last meeting was his assertion that the avionics are overall at par with the Block 52s. I was pretty dismissive of that till I read this article and all the gushing of praise for the Thunder's avionics. Guess we have pulled one. :-)"
After the Indian posters respond in their usual way, redgriffin goes on to say:
http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/sho...=99295&page=33

"I will take the words of the likes of Shahid Sikandar Khan and Ather Bukhari over your insinuations any day.
You are free to entertain whatever thoughts may roack your boat. I was told 9Gs by someone I trust. And frankly I don't give a flying rat's *** about what you guys think."
This was posted orignally by MH Jay

your link is not working , however i recon its an old post by red griffin--- a good poster

Abdul bari Saheb.
When we take a post from another forum, please give credit to the poster by name so that there is never any doubt about where and who has posted it. I see that you have posted a link but please give credit to the poster.
WaSalam
Araz

PL-12/SD-10

A group of PLA Naval Aviation ground crews were preparing to load two PL-12 active radar homing AAMs onto a J-8F fighter. PL-12's export version is called SD-10 (SD-10A as the improved version) and was first revealed to the public during the 2002 Zhuhai Airshow. PL-12 (K/AKK-12?) has been under development at LETRI/607 Institute since early 90s. It was initially expected to be in the same class as AIM-120A and its active seeker may have evolved from the earlier AMR-1 design (R-129? based on Russian 9B-1348 seeker & datalink for R-77). Its tailfins appear to have fin tips as well as the leading edges of the fin root cropped. These specially designed tailfins are believed to possess lower drag for greater speed and higher torque for better maneuverability. Two datalink antennas can be seen next to the nozzle for mid-course correction. Several dielectric strips are seen along the middle warhead section which may house the radio proximity fuse. PL-12 completed its development test in December 2004 and was certified in 2005. Currently it is in the service with J-8F, J-10 and J-11B. In addition SD-10A is expected to equip JF-17 currently entering service with PAF. Some specifications of SD-10: length 3,850mm, diameter 203mm, wing span 674mm, weight 180kg, max g-load 38g, max speed 4M, range 60-70km. Recently produced PL-12 is expected to feature an improved seeker with new digital processor and SINS. The improved PL-12 (PL-12A?) is thought to be comparable to American AIM-120C4. Recent news (November 2010) suggested that PL-12 may feature an active/passive dual mode seeker in order to achieve greater ECCM capability and kill probability. Several improved versions have been under development at 607 Institute, including PL-12B with improved guidance system, PL-12C with foldable tailfins for internal carriage by the 4th generation fighters (e.g. J-20) and PL-12D with a belly air inlet and a ramjet motor for long range attack similar to PL-21 (see below).

- Last Updated 12/21/11

this is a pt-06. our current thunder is based on pt-04!
post pics of operational thunder in PAF with SD-10, if u have them.

on a side note i have no doubt that in future newer blocks will carry SD-10, but im worrying about the first 48 or so...

Nopss ..Both PT04 & 06 are off same Block, type, some western avionics may be different in PT06..that is only difference between these two ....PT06 is under going weapons trial & other evaluation in & for PLAAF .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom