What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
gents there are 250 AIM-120C5 and 200 SD-10A delivered to PAF - it is reported in the 'arms transfer thread' a while back. just bcuz you dont see any pics, dosnt mean they arnt there. 100 pirana's (brazilian version of the AGM-88 Harm) have also been delivered.

gents there are 250 AIM-120C5 and 200 SD-10A delivered to PAF - it is reported in the 'arms transfer thread' a while back. just bcuz you dont see any pics, dosnt mean they arnt there. 100 pirana's (brazilian version of the AGM-88 Harm) have also been delivered.

I believe youmean "MAR1"

Come on people, don't underestimate Thunder program based on available information...i bet its real strength is not going to be released in media. BVR/chaffs/flares/SEAD/AshM/Durandals and dumb bombs all are integrated/in process of integration, there is no need to waste time in discussing something which is already there.

MAR 1 [Anti-radiation missile ] and MAA-1 Piranha [short-range infrared homing missile and the first air-to-air missile] are two different missiles

PAF also signed to procure the MAA-1B Piranha 2.

okk what is the purpose of buying this

even the MAA-1b piranha in development is said to be a 4th gen wvr?

i think A dartar or the german IRIS-T was a better option

or strick to the latest short range missile (Pl-5x) is the best option.

okk what is the purpose of buying this

even the MAA-1b piranha in development is said to be a 4th gen wvr?

i think A dartar or the german IRIS-T was a better option

or strick to the latest short range missile (Pl-5x) is the best option.

The basic purpose to buy is to replace againg AIM-9A\B Sidewinder missiles, All Aircrafts (Like our Mirage and F7PG) that can carry AIM-9 can also carry MAA-1 Piranha. MAA-1 Piranha is superioir then AIM-9B.
Its 4th generation AtoA missile, infrared passive guidance, highly manoeuvrable and can turn at accelerations of up to 50g,Externally, it is very similar to Rafael's Python 3 air-to-air missile and the aerodynamic configuration is near the same.

Its cheaper then IRIST-T, easy accesses coz the Brazilian and SA market open for PAF.

images

images

AutodiretorMAA-1Artigo.jpg

but what happened to the remaining 250 AIM-120C5's cuz We were suppose to get 500AIM'-120C5's not just 250......Are they in jeopardy??.....:smokin:

Well Areesh you see, the first Squadron (the first JF-17s made) had same avionics problems with the SD-10. Those were solved on pt-06. This was with a different radar used by pt-06.

From where do you read that Pt-06 use a different radar?!
Pt-04 and Pt-06 both made their first flight in 2006. So you tell me why they can solve the so called avionics problems on Pt-06 but can't do the same thing on those much newer planes from the first Squadron?

Well Areesh you see, the first Squadron (the first JF-17s made) had same avionics problems with the SD-10. Those were solved on pt-06. This was with a different radar used by pt-06.

i am surprised as to how you folks come to such conclusions even after reading so much about the aircraft? There has not been any avionics issue so far in the entire project. It was a radar interface glitch which was solved pretty soon. All JFT prototypes have the same radar i.e. klj-7. Please stop spreading rumors.

i am surprised as to how you folks come to such conclusions even after reading so much about the aircraft? There has not been any avionics issue so far in the entire project. It was a radar interface glitch which was solved pretty soon. All JFT prototypes have the same radar i.e. klj-7. Please stop spreading rumors.

Sorry for my knowledge. I was told by a 'highly informed' member on the forum who happens to be a Think Tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom