What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job Imran you made our day with a good little New Years gift best Thunder video i seen yet thx bro ;)

Just a little mashup of the older high quality clips we had coupled with the new ones...
heck it was worth a copy right infringement risk..
:p:P
credit goes to Imran bhai

Nice video.. btw.. this is my new account on PDF.. i also posted on youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it normal JF-17 emitting so much black smoke?

Imran,

Thank you very much for the post---one very intriguing item----took the pilot a very long time to get the wheels in---he already went through two maneauvers before he pulled them in---.

I always wondered about this phenomena, compared to other jets, JF17 does it after a while.
Another thing to notice is that since the video quality is much better and professional compared to earlier videos, the maneuvers and turns are so smooth and TW seems >+1 - don't forget the afterburner is off :D

mafiya bhai, we see black smoke because of quick response time of the engine that leaves some fuel unburnt. Also note the smoke vanishes when the fuel is combusted properly. Same thing asked again and again yaaro. JFT info pool pe nazar maaro :P

A truly remarkable feature of the FC-1 / JF-17, the joint fighter project between Pakistan and China, has been the willingness of its development team to improvise. This is in contrast to Western design houses where original frameworks are strictly maintained – notice the F-22 and the Eurofighter, where certain design parameters were doggedly followed when they could have clearly done better by changing course midway. The F-35 is now becoming a major embarrassment for the United States in terms of its program management. India’s weapons programs are yet an even greater example of mismanagement; the LCA, which has been in development for three decades and by the time it enters service it will be nearly irrelevant.
The Western style of planning is culturally different from the eastern style – objectives are fixed at the beginning while in the East, we are willing to move the objective around a bit. Obviously, neither is “better” than the other but each has its benefits and costs. However, I think the JF-17 benefited from this immeasurably. Otherwise Pakistan would be taking delivery of the original Super 7 airframe at perhaps $20 million per plane. The Eurofighter took 20 years from contract signing to production. The Swedish Gripen and the Rafale took 14 and 15 years, respectively. In comparison, the JF-17 took 10 years. Pakistan must continue finding innovative solutions to her problems, particularly given the present budgetary constraints.....

Wow ! I don't know that even rafale and gripen took 14+ year....

Grande Strategy
A nice article to read....

Just a little mashup of the older high quality clips we had coupled with the new ones...
heck it was worth a copy right infringement risk..
:p:P
credit goes to Imran bhai

Somebody please answer me !!!!!
At start of Video 0:49 why was "Wing CDR RONALD" wearing a "Flag with Red background & white crescent"

i thought he was PAF pilot ....he is not from turkey on some pilot exchange program .....

Last edited by a moderator:
At start of Video 0:49 why was "Wing CDR RONALD" wearing a "Flag with Red background & white crescent"

i thought he was PAF pilot ....he is not from turkey on some pilot exchange program .....
maybe cuz the flying display was in Izmir,Turkey...

He is a PAF pilot. He might have exchanged that flag with some turkish airforce officer.

He is a PAF pilot. He might have exchanged that flag with some turkish airforce officer.

Wing Commander Ronald is a PAF pilot. If you take a closer look on Attaturk IV exercise, Pakistani and Turkish commandos exchanged their patches.

Any update abt 3rd SQD ???
It was expected in DEC 2011...now its Jan 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom