What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody please answer me !!!!!
At start of Video 0:49 why was "Wing CDR RONALD" wearing a "Flag with Red background & white crescent"

i thought he was PAF pilot ....he is not from turkey on some pilot exchange program .....

Patch exchange between visiting millitary personnel is common or rather a tradition. It's a gesture of freinship. have you heard the term "Duppata Badal Behnain"

Patch exchange between visiting millitary personnel is common or rather a tradition. It's a gesture of freinship. have you heard the term "Duppata Badal Behnain"

hehe
thatss funny ...."Duppata Badal Behnain"

well this was not any air excersice as replied earlier ...
but in Dubai Visit.. shuldnt he be wearing a Emirates Airforce patch ...... ????

Is it normal JF-17 emitting so much black smoke?

Normal with RD-33 engine. Smoke is not a problem.

800px-Russian_Knights_and_Swifts.jpg

Buuurr...!

hehe
thatss funny ...."Duppata Badal Behnain"

well this was not any air excersice as replied earlier ...
but in Dubai Visit.. shuldnt he be wearing a Emirates Airforce patch ...... ????

Maybe PAF arrived in Turkey earlier or stayed back and did engage in some mutual program, but not in UAE... but these are my assumptions nd i do noot have an exact answer to your question.

smokey engines are bad for stealth as they point a large finger at the aircraft

Then you don't know bout stealth. Smoky engines are not threat to stealth of any fighter. No matter how stealthy the fighter is, it can be tracked. With AESA radars F22 like fighters can be tracked at 30-40 miles (Expert like gambit can correct the figure). While smoke can be tracked by 10-12 miles.

Smokey engines are risk in LoS (Line of sight/knife fight) fight. During dog fight one must know the position of enemy fighter, the smoke can easily show the way how MiG29 is moving.

Apart from this there is no problem with smokey engine (I assumed that smoke doesn't increase Infrared signature.)

Then you don't know bout stealth. Smoky engines are not threat to stealth of any fighter. No matter how stealthy the fighter is, it can be tracked. With AESA radars F22 like fighters can be tracked at 30-40 miles (Expert like gambit can correct the figure). While smoke can be tracked by 10-12 miles.

Smokey engines are risk in LoS (Line of sight/knife fight) fight. During dog fight one must know the position of enemy fighter, the smoke can easily show the way how MiG29 is moving.

Apart from this there is no problem with smokey engine (I assumed that smoke doesn't increase Infrared signature.)

What Is Stealth Technology?

The use of the word stealth in the aerospace industry is a fairly recent occurrence. But it falls under a larger program that the military has been studying for a number of years—Low Observability, or LO, technology.

Most of the emphasis has been placed on the ability of stealth or LO aircraft to avoid radar detection, and rightly so, but to be truly stealthy, six areas must be taken into account.
•The Infrared, or heat, signature of the aircraft
•The Acoustics, or how much noise the aircraft makes
•Visual appearance, since the human eye is still a good detection device
•Smoke emitted; smoky engines point a large finger at the aircraft
•Contrails, or vapor trails left by the engines that must be reduced
•Radar Cross Section, or how well the aircraft can be seen on radar

http://www.flightsimbooks.com/f19stealthfighter/

I downloaded this book from online it says otherwise

What Is Stealth Technology?

The use of the word stealth in the aerospace industry is a fairly recent occurrence. But it falls under a larger program that the military has been studying for a number of years—Low Observability, or LO, technology.

Most of the emphasis has been placed on the ability of stealth or LO aircraft to avoid radar detection, and rightly so, but to be truly stealthy, six areas must be taken into account.
•The Infrared, or heat, signature of the aircraft
•The Acoustics, or how much noise the aircraft makes
•Visual appearance, since the human eye is still a good detection device
•Smoke emitted; smoky engines point a large finger at the aircraft
•Contrails, or vapor trails left by the engines that must be reduced
•Radar Cross Section, or how well the aircraft can be seen on radar

The Official F-19 Stealth Fighter Handbook by Richard Sheffield

I downloaded this book from online it says otherwise

With all due respect, your query is valid, But this is not appropriate thread for discussing stealth, This is JF17 sticky thread, By discussing something else, I will be breaking the rule of PDF.

Having said that , I would like you to spend some time on PDF (Its one of the best forum), there are few gems here from whom you can learn much. One American guy named Gambit is also good in VLO technology, along with one Pakistani guy "Imran khan" and Indian "Dr Somnath".

Don't break forum rules , stay for 1-2 year, you will learn many things.

@your question: JF17/FC1 is not stealth plane. Its 4th or 4++ gen fighter. No one knows how much LO or VLO technology is incorporated in it. Coming to smokey engine, in my previous post i said that if the smoke is not increasing IR signature, then its not creating any issue unless FC1 is in dog-fight.

Best of luck and stay longer in PDF..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom