What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you don't know bout stealth. Smoky engines are not threat to stealth of any fighter. No matter how stealthy the fighter is, it can be tracked. With AESA radars F22 like fighters can be tracked at 30-40 miles (Expert like gambit can correct the figure). While smoke can be tracked by 10-12 miles.

Smokey engines are risk in LoS (Line of sight/knife fight) fight. During dog fight one must know the position of enemy fighter, the smoke can easily show the way how MiG29 is moving.

Apart from this there is no problem with smokey engine (I assumed that smoke doesn't increase Infrared signature.)
It does not bear any effect on IR signature, if you're referring stealth to visibility then its no necessarily confined to the smokey trail. For example, while looking at a presentation, there was a picture of F-22 flying with a B-737 and an F-5. the point of author was that F-22 is more prone to visible detection than F-5, but does that make F-5 more stealthy and thus more capable for dogfight? Its been discussed a thousand times now that the smoke trails are usualy a result of unburnt fuel resulting from significant oil supply increases to engine incase of reheat. Even Typhoon suffered from this, so did F-16 whos engine are produced by the most reliable engine producers in the world. Thus if you say that smokey trail not being a problem, then pilot would have to do two things 1) either dont keep the energy advantage by not reheating 2) Putting something like PW F-119 in his jet. I hope this clears up a bit

It does not bear any effect on IR signature, if you're referring stealth to visibility then its no necessarily confined to the smokey trail. For example, while looking at a presentation, there was a picture of F-22 flying with a B-737 and an F-5. the point of author was that F-22 is more prone to visible detection than F-5, but does that make F-5 more stealthy and thus more capable for dogfight? Its been discussed a thousand times now that the smoke trails are usualy a result of unburnt fuel resulting from significant oil supply increases to engine incase of reheat. Even Typhoon suffered from this, so did F-16 whos engine are produced by the most reliable engine producers in the world. Thus if you say that smokey trail not being a problem, then pilot would have to do two things 1) either dont keep the energy advantage by not reheating 2) Putting something like PW F-119 in his jet. I hope this clears up a bit

I think I said the same... :P

i keep strolling on the forum often. :)

FBW issue should have been settled as it uses dual mode (Quad and Duplex) in redundancy. Pitch is controlled by Quad, rest in by Dual but i have heard blk 2 has dual FBW removed to switch to full Quad FBW. The reason it has a backup mode is not cost efficiency but safety. Historically we have seen horrible crashes in many of advanced fighters only because of FBW computer malfunctions. From F-16 to Su-27 series, i put it this way, in JFT, a pilot has a "second chance of survival despite FBW failure". So far,there has not been a single incidence of FBW failure in JFT!

i agree with that and the fbw don’t allows the pilot to pull high g in a dog fight.

Any updates abt SQD 3, It was supposed to be operational in Dec 2012.

Any updates abt SQD 3, It was supposed to be operational in Dec 2012.

wait till Bahrain airshow.info regarding third squarden as well as clear pic of JFT II specs and induction schedule may also be revealed.

As per Fatman@the order of first 42 is already completed.testing and third squarden induction ceremony is remaining

well if the order of 42 is completed that means that induction of jf-17 is per schedule and PAC will easily complete the task of 150 thunders before 2015 end.

Pakistan Air Force, Armed Forces and Navy have always been accomplishing their targets before the scheduled date.
According to my information, yes the 3rd Squadron's birds are ready (Minus 1) and are currently in testing phase.

Anytime soon, expect the induction ceremony of 3rd Squadron which will officially mean they are operational. Last time for the 26th Squadron, we have seen the pictures of JF-17s flying from Kamra to Peshawar posted by some member who snapped them. But it was only after a week or two, when official announcement was made after the induction ceremony.

"July 2011, Pakistan has taken delivery of the Brazilian MAR-1 anti-radiation missile and is integrating the weapon on its PAC JF-17 Thunder multirole combat aircraft as well as upgraded Dassault Mirage III and V ROSE fighters."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom