What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
deadline for first 50 is December 2011, next 50 will follow most likely to be advanced versions with new features.

deadline for first 50 is December 2011, next 50 will follow most likely to be advanced versions with new features.

will the Next 50 advanced version delivered in one year or it will take some more time ?

Just out of curiosity, have Iranians ever expressed an interest in JF-17? As far as i am aware, they lack BVR capabilities on their current AF inventory. So INMHO, JF-17 seems like a good and best option for Iranians, No?

Just out of curiosity, have Iranians ever expressed an interest in JF-17? As far as i am aware, they lack BVR capabilities on their current AF inventory. So INMHO, JF-17 seems like a good and best option for Iranians, No?

I think they would rather prefer a more capable J 10.

I think, Pakistan is going to complete first 42 production in house by December 2011 that will make 42+8(Initial delivered batch)= 50

while another 50 units are expected to arrive from China before end of this year 2011.

Hopefully by end of current year total unit would be around 100 provided we meet in house manufacturing targets.

I remember Eaglehannan(senior admin at a sister-forum, well-informed in PAF info and works in Chengdu) wondering whether that 50-batch that our media said China is delivering may just be locally produced in Pakistan but have it's radar and avionics installed in China(due to which the uninformed media might have made statements about them being entirely Chinese made) a while back.

He didn't have inside info on this then, he might have that now, I don't know. But his point back then was, that it wouldn't be very favorable to Pakistan, to forego developing those aircraft indigenously, because our avionics factories and sub-component builders get work and experience when we manufacture locally. And besides, wasn't it reported that our production facilities were being expanded, perhaps with the addition of another independant manufacturing site, that was being developed?

So what I'd like to know is, do we have confirmation that China is indeed building 50 JF-17(Block 1) for us, or do we have local production?

Its a combo of both. Initially we received only kits and assembled them but this is not the case anymore. PAC is making many components in house and some indigenous parts have already replaced the Chinese ones too. We have been improvising alot when it come to JFT project which is why it stands where it is today.

According to that latest AFM JFT issue, starting from #09-111 our production share was 20%, steadily increasing to 50% by the end of block-1.

Perhaps the assembled kit aircraft were the original 8 Small-Batch-Production aircraft, or if they were produced in China, the remaining two 109&110 would have been assembled from kits.

paffalcons-wallpapers7.jpg

Thunders at High Mark 2010 fire power demo

Four Thunders from No.26 MR Sqn bombing at Thal range, during fire power demo of High Mark2010 Exercise. S/L Nauman and S/L Hussain dropped 500lbs two MK-82 bombs each, where as S/L Azkaar and W/C Khalid dropped one 2000lbs MK-84 each.

All six bombs claimed direct hits!

.:::  Pakistan Air Force Wallpapers  :::.

Last edited by a moderator:
The CCIP and CCRP modes on the JF are as accurate if not more as on the F-16's..
It has all the modes of A2A and A2G present on the APG-66.. with a bit more thrown in.
And Like the F-16.. the JF isnt just a light fighter anymore.. It is a technological powerhouse.

Santro, The perforation on the and in front of the intake..... are they meant to keep the electronics cool or is there some other purpose. ??

30536_1307690576.jpg

These things are related to the DSI intakes. What you are calling perforations are useful in the dynamics of the airflow being sucked in. They help in deflecting the unwanted air away from the intake and other things related to air flow or how the air in taken inside and the outer layer being diverted.

In simple words, they are used for the DSI intake and the flow of air inside the intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom