What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
its only comparing Japanese and Chinese jets by size -- not my artwork though

4gceJ.jpg

Is it PLAAF/PLANAF list or ? What is mitsubishi F-1, F-2 and F-15 doing in this list.

I my self have been & still am a viper lover but i must as time as passed iam starting to fall more and more in love with the thunder :)
Yes! viper used to be good but not nomore.

Tempest,

No you are not---but then you have to look at the battlefield scenario----what does the opponent carry---is it the su30 with 8 of them with comparative longer kill range---or is it the mig21 bis----.

No aircraft is designed to fight its own battles against itself----there is always an adversary, which is most of the times different than itself. Most of the times you need to be equipped with better numbers of missiles----higher number of bullets in your machine gun and a better radar to outdo the enemy's radar----.

Sorry guys for a bit off topic take.

Dear MK,
SU30 was built to counter leading US BVR tech. when Russia didn't had as effective BVR as US.
So they decided to counter it with numbers.
That is why they designed large su-30, which can carry large number of low hit rate BVR.

Obviously, they knew about the draw back of large RCS and i suppose the whole application of su-30 is to shoot many BVR from far distance in a probable calculation of a single hit out of 8 shots. and go off the battle scene.

SU-30 is useless in today's scenario even with new BVR's with higher hit rate because you can't change the launching distance due to large RCS of su-30.

Actually, with development of new radars SU-30 is getting inapplicable, it has been ever before, and considering Pak-India scenario of eye ball to eye ball shooting distance.... it never had scope of application.

Dear MK,
SU30 was built to counter leading US BVR tech. when Russia didn't had as effective BVR as US.
That is why they designed large su-30, which can carry large number of low hit rate BVR.

Obviously, they knew about the draw back of large RCS and i suppose the whole application of su-30 is to shoot many BVR from far distance in a probable calculation of a single hit out of 8 shots. and go off the battle scene.

SU-30 is useless in today's scenario even with new BVR's with higher hit rate because you can't change the launching distance due to large RCS of su-30.

Actually, with development of new radars SU-30 is getting inapplicable, it has been ever before, and considering Pak-India scenario of eye ball to eye ball shooting distance.... it never had scope of application.

lol Bro .... Whats this ! u ve failed flanker ... but world is buying more an more flanker even Chinese are building whole new series of Flankers .. F-35 Cannot stand Against Su-35 ... Are they All NUTS ?

lol Bro .... Whats this ! u ve failed flanker ... but world is buying more an more flanker even Chinese are building whole new series of Flankers .. F-35 Cannot stand Against Su-35 ... Are they All NUTS ?

Well dear i did not failed su-30 all together.

It is very much relevant in USSR or China vs. US in cross continental battles.

Where as, i have only touched the basic logic, behind the design of su-30.

You can't use it as a bomber, until, their is no interception / ground deference and you definitely like to avoid, radar locks before you can see the interceptor on your radar.

Dear MK,

Batman,

It is not to counter US BVRs that USSR/Russia make Su-27/30.

Do not compare it with F-16, compare it with F-15, which has 11 hard points. (Su-27/30 has got 12) Even F-15 also has huge RCS coz of its size but in an A2A scenario where large jets are involved, US might use F-15s coz of more missiles.

Secondly about its doctrine, they prefer to fire 2 at a time to increase the kill rate, sometimes one with active and another with passive mode.

Russian BVRs fired only once in a combat scenerio, you cant downgrade it without knowing it ability. (Specially R-77 series never got fired.)

And about RCS, if you have RCS more than 1, any modern fighter can lock on you.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Well dear i did not failed su-30 all together.

It is very much relevant in USSR or China vs. US in cross continental battles.

Where as, i have only touched the basic logic, behind the design of su-30.

You can't use it as a bomber, until, their is no interception / ground deference and you definitely like to avoid, radar locks before you can see the interceptor on your radar.

24146538.jpg

Can you tell me the altitude from ground and distance from international border?

What importance it has got with altitude & distance from international border?

I just want to show that it can bomb as well.

what is the duty life cycle of its current engines and the AC. i.e., JF-17 Pakistan have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom