What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? then why PAF is manufacturing KLJ-7 instead of KLJ-10? This news is wrong and KLJ-07 is the one being used and manufactured. Performance is pretty good in all modes. No hassles. Next in line will be AESA for next batch.

i ve posted the link.
its our media that reported that Pakistan is locally manufacturing KLJ-7, we all know about our media. KLJ-10 is an upgraded version of KLJ-7 like APG-66 to 68, and it was even reported by you that JF-17 (09-108) Dark Gray Thunder carries KLJ-10 instead.
Well official website of PAC was upgraded long ago hence could not believe on their credibility, they even get hacked :P by the way there is no sign of either KLJ-7 or 10 on PAC website.
But every information at Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force is accurate. don't you believe that ?

Actually.. KJL-10 is a larger diameter version of KJL-7.. you aren't looking at the APG-66 to 68 comparison.
You are looking at a Apg-66 to Apg-63 comparison.
Considering that the website still lists the vixen AESA as an upgrade..
Ill trust my own sources.

Actually.. KJL-10 is a larger diameter version of KJL-7.. you aren't looking at the APG-66 to 68 comparison.

well thats fishy, i ve just seen PAC Site and found KLJ-7 configuration just exactly what cnair.top81 states about KLJ-10.
My bad

both radar have same config. just difference in antenna size. Why insist on something that is not there?

PAF is enjoying using KLJ-7 , its performance is upto the mark, the tracking modes yield great results. Their is hardly any chance of seeing actual specs of KLJ-7 in media, the released specs would be something closer to the operational example.

Aesa Radar will be based on which chinese radar and can we call this rader KJL-7B?

PAF is enjoying using KLJ-7 , its performance is upto the mark, the tracking modes yield great results. Their is hardly any chance of seeing actual specs of KLJ-7 in media, the released specs would be something closer to the operational example.

Spot on Najam,

Exactly what i was told, the EXPOSED specs are pretty much for general information.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Aesa Radar will be based on which chinese radar and can we call this rader KJL-7B?

It is not a continuation of KLJ series, rather a different AESA series as Chinese are likely to brand their AESA's similarly as they did their mechanical ones.

Spot on Najam,

Exactly what i was told, the EXPOSED specs are pretty much for general information.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

It is not a continuation of KLJ series, rather a different AESA series as Chinese are likely to brand their AESA's similarly as they did their mechanical ones.

But what about "Giving product sometime to mature" instead they are directly putting it in JF-17?, It's just like PAF did with J-10A and we saw J-10B coming out

China have been making mechanical arrays for almost 20 years now so i dont see the need of maturing it further. Also, the AESA was not destined to be in JFT, it was demanded exclusively by PAF. I think not many export nations will be given an AESA option for quite a few years.

i ve posted the link.
its our media that reported that Pakistan is locally manufacturing KLJ-7, we all know about our media. KLJ-10 is an upgraded version of KLJ-7 like APG-66 to 68, and it was even reported by you that JF-17 (09-108) Dark Gray Thunder carries KLJ-10 instead.
Well official website of PAC was upgraded long ago hence could not believe on their credibility, they even get hacked :P by the way there is no sign of either KLJ-7 or 10 on PAC website.
But every information at Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force is accurate. don't you believe that ?

both radar have same config. just difference in antenna size. Why insist on something that is not there?

Yar Bhaiyon me koi Genius to hoon nahin ... joo dekha or parha tha wo keh dala.

it was not me who claimed that KLJ-7 will be replaced by KLJ-10 ...

It was Nabil_05 stated on (05-26-2010 01:25 PM) http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...tirole-fighter-thread-3-a-148.html#post882481
Here is what Mr. Gaf posted on Pakdef forum which confirms Thunder's quad channel fly by wire system operational from fourth prototype onwards.

"Just reading Vol. 11. No.6 Edition of "Combat Aircraft". There is an interesting small article about the JF17. In particular, the following caught my eye..

"the definitive prototype 04 was delayed until April 2006, although it did feature the full avionics suite. The heart of this suite is a digital quadruplex Type 634 FBW system and the KLJ-7 X Band multifunctional pulse doppler fire control radar in the initial batches, the KLJ-7 reportedly being replaced by the improved KLJ-10 on later aircraft"..

Nabil on 07-14-2010 04:14 AM http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...tirole-fighter-thread-3-a-209.html#post994806
Tit-bits....

Malaysia has also shown interest in jf-17 and analyzing further. They are impressed what they are shown so far.

Egyptians are going for jf-17 and will place a hefty order coupled with license manufacturing. The price offered with current capability is an attractive point and they are willing to induct big numbers.

Four more jf-17 being manufactured at PAC KAMRA and second squadron will be raised by the year end. The work is going on smoothly.

We have already began integrating indigenous goodies at a moderate pace that include HUD and WMMC. More to follow soon.

No rd-93 issues what so ever and China has over 200 of them. Russian Government re-assured them a fluent supply.

Radar is klj-10 already? This surprised me too and the one shown at avionics manufacturing event is klj-10 not 7. One thing to be noticed is its antennae which is a little different than klj-7 i.e. not exactly circular like Grifo S but more like RDY-2.

Both China and Pakistan are looking to increase production lines to cope up with increasing international interest in the aircraft

Regards..

It was P.Shamim on (05-27-2010 01:45 AM) http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...tirole-fighter-thread-3-a-149.html#post883993
Mastan Khan Saheb,
Please do not despair. KLJ-10 will be replacing the KLJ-7 in the first batch.

Heard today.

As i mentioned before Nabil has stated it at different occasions and even stated that PAF did not like KLJ-7 performance hence switched to superior KLJ-10 (Sorry but i could not find this statement right now)
Nothing personal bro.

My understanding has been the performance of the KLJ-7 is more than what was released. I guess that was expected.

If I go back to looking at the rivals performance, and that China and Pakistan had access to and looked at Russian, Israeli, French, Italian radars - I find it hard that they would have ended up designing an inferior product and agreeing that as the way forward. While we might not have the data, I don’t need to be told that the KLJ-7’s performance is in the same ball park “as it rivals”, i.e. some it wins, some it looses but they are all in the same class.

If you consider that PAF evaluated several fighters, they have detailed performance data from the manufacturers, they have detailed reports of each fighter performance, what is good and what is bad. I promise you the PAF will go as far as possible to feed ALL this info into the requirements and design of the JF-17.

Janes does say the KLJ-7 is the same radar as the KLJ-10 the difference being the size. i.e. the antennae would be difference sizes, possible power output. I don’t really see the Chinese giving the KLJ-7 less functions. What they would do is tweak one or two things such that once you know how to jam the KLJ-7, you don’t necessarily know how to jam the KLJ-10, i.e. some algorithms in the software.

Concerning power, I understand that while simple logic might tell you to have a high powered radar, apparently PLI favours low power and then achieving longer ranges by advances in other areas of radar tech. So the fact that KLJ-7 might be a low power, this might actually be a sign of an advanced and better radar that one that puts out more Watts.

Yar Bhaiyon me koi Genius to hoon nahin ... joo dekha or parha tha wo keh dala.

it was not me who claimed that KLJ-7 will be replaced by KLJ-10 ...

It was Nabil_05 stated on (05-26-2010 01:25 PM) http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...tirole-fighter-thread-3-a-148.html#post882481

Nabil on 07-14-2010 04:14 AM http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...tirole-fighter-thread-3-a-209.html#post994806

It was P.Shamim on (05-27-2010 01:45 AM) http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...tirole-fighter-thread-3-a-149.html#post883993

As i mentioned before Nabil has stated it at different occasions and even stated that PAF did not like KLJ-7 performance hence switched to superior KLJ-10 (Sorry but i could not find this statement right now)
Nothing personal bro.

I did hear what i said earlier. It was the case when KLJ-7 was having integration issues particularly with BVR as was surfaced many times. Rest of performance was excellent. PAF was seriously considering to replace it with KLJ-10 but later changed her mind. I am no regular insider just share what i hear through sources. If it bothers anyone then i can abstain myself.

JF17-turkey-12.jpg

I did hear what i said earlier. It was the case when KLJ-7 was having integration issues particularly with BVR as was surfaced many times. Rest of performance was excellent. PAF was seriously considering to replace it with KLJ-10 but later changed her mind. I am no regular insider just share what i hear through sources. If it bothers anyone then i can abstain myself.

No worries bro :tup: Dont take it personal.
keep sharing your info, its worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom