What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too sure of the bold part. Formally, PAF laid down the specifications for the plane and not the actual design. The design and development and kit manufacturing was done by China. Post initial production, the actual manufacturing of some parts and over all assembly is now done in Pakistan.

Not too sure why Pakistani scientists are working in Chinese uniforms ??
Original Post By AmberDutt

There is a punjabi saying----" Bacha deway gaan---tay bund patey dhagay dee"----. Actually the pakistani engineers are studying 'climactic cross eyed phenomenon with a slanted eye version'.

Not too sure of the bold part. Formally, PAF laid down the specifications for the plane and not the actual design. The design and development and kit manufacturing was done by China. Post initial production, the actual manufacturing of some parts and over all assembly is now done in Pakistan.

Not too sure why Pakistani scientists are working in Chinese uniforms ??
Original Post By AmberDutt

There is a punjabi saying----" Bacha deway gaan---tay bund patey dhagay dee"----. Actually the pakistani engineers are studying 'climactic cross eyed phenomenon with a slanted eye version'.

Sir ji.. Punjabi vich hath thoda tang haiga hai.. Some translation please.. :)

@ Last Hope: Just shut up and keep doing your work , no need to reply to psychos who would ask the same question again after a few seconds.

@ Last Hope: Just shut up and keep doing your work , no need to reply to psychos who would ask the same question again after a few seconds.

Roger that.

fc-1-jf-17-fire-missile-1.jpg

Did not find out there too, just type here few..
Initially "they" said JFT is a copy of Mig-33, Then they said well it can fly but it is light years behind LCA, now they say its a chinese product with Pakistani pain on it
Well Mr wiseguy do you see the strong resemblance of JFT with F-16? that should not be difficult, Pakistan has decades of experience in maintaining and operating a design which is considered as one of the most successful and versatile designs of aviation history. Pakistan would obviously like to have good things of its reliable operand into its new horse. CAC exposure to Falcon was limited obviously, thus design input would have been there certainly, then CAC added their blend of new techs developed in houseand on J-10 Projects to add to the platform and the end product was a fine jet we call JFT. If you have time, please go through these vids and see what Pakistan did with F-7s
INDUCTION OF F7P & F16 IN PAF 1 - YouTube
INDUCTION OF F7P & F16 IN PAF 2 - YouTube

Dear Taimi,
Following three pics are taken on Jan 16,2007 at Chengdu
http://pafwallpapers.com/aircraft_gallery/JF-17_gallery/JF-17_pt-04_1.jpg
http://pafwallpapers.com/aircraft_gallery/JF-17_gallery/JF-17_pt-04_2.jpg
http://pafwallpapers.com/aircraft_gallery/JF-17_gallery/JF-17_pt-04_3.jpg

The aircraft which reached Chaklala(if iam not mistaken, they were transferred to Kamra in containers) in March 2007 were two different aircraft. 101 was shown at grey-colour scheme in its arrival ceremony, later on 23rd it flew with Pak-China markings.

Following two pictures are taken at Kamra - Oct 27, 2007
http://pafwallpapers.com/aircraft_gallery/JF-17_gallery/thundering_takeoff_1.jpg
http://pafwallpapers.com/aircraft_gallery/JF-17_gallery/thundering_takeoff_2.jpg

And this one on Oct 26, 2007
http://pafwallpapers.com/aircraft_gallery/JF-17_gallery/thunder_sbp_takeoff.jpg

On 23rd March 2008 fly past you can see same two 101 & 102 again. Which means they are a different aircraft altogether. (file name is wrong)
http://pafwallpapers.com/aircraft_gallery/JF-17_gallery/23mar_07-02.jpg

Following picture was taken on Aug 31,2008 - It marked a remarkable achievement of induction of 8 Thunders at PAC Kamra. If you notice the farthest one 08-108 isn't even painted - later it was painted with non-standard markings for trail purposes.
http://pafwallpapers.com/aircraft_gallery/JF-17_gallery/thunders_2008.jpg

Pt-04 remained in PAC for some 6-8 months, PL-5's testing was done on it first, then others fire same missile during High Mark2010.

The above posted pictures are recent, but the aircraft is wearing same old PAF markings..i think thats the reason for confusion.

JF-17_front_bk2.jpg

An illustration of JF-17 Thunder Block-II. The most desired modifications in this variant include integration of Helmet Mounted System, addition of re-tractable air-to-air refueling probe, WS-13 engine, integration of modern-day air-to-air, air-to-ground and air-to-sea weapons and Infra Red Search and Track (IRST)....In fact IRST has little chances in Block-II, most of the 'dreamed' wishes regarding Block-II will be a part of later variants. Block-II will be something better than the previous one not a completely different fighter with AESA, use of composites,ram painting etc...

^Najambhai - one more HP under each wing too :)

^^^Why dont you exlpain Pakistan's contribution in co production & co development of JFT in detail?

I think the type of explanation you are asking for is

Mr. Arshaf Khan designed the left wing
Mr. Khalid Mirza wrote from line # 523 to line # 1000 in the fire control program code
Mr. Wang Chen Shu designed the canopy and Mr. Hassan pointed out that it needs to be two inches bigger.
Mr. Javaid Latif designed the ablution block used by the engineers at CAC

Are you plain stupid or just trying to be smart? Design of the aircraft, design of engine, software used in the computer and remaining components of an aircraft are not designed by one person and rather by a team of professionals who go over and over each and everything before finalizing something. If you are asking us to individually point out as to who came up with what idea it is not possible. As explained by seniors, since Pakistan has been a partner in this program almost from the beginning our engineers have been working on it i.e they were part of all design teams so even if their contribution was only 30% it was there in every department. This is why we call it a "Joint Venture". Now would you please get off our backs.

I do not disagree with you, there will be input from the end user for sure. Do you think that inputs qualify you be called a partner in JFT?
There is equal partnership in financial as well as technical aspects. This is obvious from all the posts and staterments coming out of officials from both China and pakistan. Why do you guys not read those instead of asking the same question again and again.
The reason for banning is not because you ask, but a repeated question derails topics . So understand the methods ,not the madness!!!
Araz

Mr. Khalid Mirza wrote from line # 523 to line # 1000 in the fire control program code
Mr. Wang Chen Shu designed the canopy and Mr. Hassan pointed out that it needs to be two inches bigger.

Are you plain stupid or just trying to be smart? Design of the aircraft, design of engine, software used in the computer and remaining components of an aircraft are not designed by one person and rather by a team of professionals who go over and over each and everything before finalizing something. If you are asking us to individually point out as to who came up with what idea it is not possible. As explained by seniors, since Pakistan has been a partner in this program almost from the beginning our engineers have been working on it i.e they were part of all design teams so even if their contribution was only 30% it was there in every department. This is why we call it a "Joint Venture". Now would you please get off our backs.

I do know that it is a set of professional, not a single guy do the wing design. As I earlier said, there will be significant contribution from PAF for sure. Even if you call this as a joint venture is fine. But if you say you have 'partnered is the same way as Eurofighter' then I can only disagree. After all people have the say who gonna use it.

I know any Indian member says about JFT, its touching a nerve here and hardly appriciated by Pakistsani members even from the senior side. I hardly see Indian seniors post anything about it. If you want to make this as a mutual appreciation area, then fine.

We don't need to go to the extent to discuss this even if the names are public before ... I know it sounds weird but take it this way and people like the 1 who is annoying and trying to be over smart please ignore and continue with thread ...

There is equal partnership in financial as well as technical aspects. This is obvious from all the posts and staterments coming out of officials from both China and pakistan. Why do you guys not read those instead of asking the same question again and again.
The reason for banning is not because you ask, but a repeated question derails topics . So understand the methods ,not the madness!!!
Araz

Some people require spoon feeding ...

I do know that it is a set of professional, not a single guy do the wing design. As I earlier said, there will be significant contribution from PAF for sure. Even if you call this as a joint venture is fine. But if you say you have 'partnered is the same way as Eurofighter' then I can only disagree. After all people have the say who gonna use it.

I know any Indian member says about JFT, its touching a nerve here and hardly appriciated by Pakistsani members even from the senior side. I hardly see Indian seniors post anything about it. If you want to make this as a mutual appreciation area, then fine.

Lolz..... Here is the definition of a "Joint Venture"
A joint venture (JV or J-V) is a legal entity formed between two or more parties to undertake an economic activity together

Notice the phrase "Two or more parties" which means that a JV is project started by two or more partners who share their resources to complete it. In the JF-17 program China and Pakistan are two parties i.e partners who have worked together to complete this project. I do not know in what reference you have quoted the Eurofighter example because the only difference is that in the Eurofighter there were 3 partners i.e Alenia Aeronautica, BAE Systems and EADS while for JF-17 there are two i.e China and Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom