What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
well as far as i know we wont see any SD-10s in the first 48 aircrafts or so.
that means we're gonna have to wait atleast a year before we see block II with SD-10 in PAF service.
i think PAC has completed around (more or less) 30 Thunders...

i have been tried of hearing about sd-10a vs jf-17 dilemma..i mean every day i hear news like there is radar glitch..there is that problem and there is this problem..
can any body please for last time inform us whats real situation regarding sd-10a on block1..if JF-17 is bvr capable then its most obviously it should have sd-10..if itsnt then f-7pg is better aircraft because of price factor..also should we dicard a ton of news regardin g it being BVr capable ?

Actually, I am suprised at the slow integration of SD-10 on KLJ-7 radar onboard JF-17.

China is experienced with such intergration for J-8F, J-10A and J-11B and all of them are armed with PL-12(SD-10). The radar onboard JF-17 shall be ready for SD-10 anytime. I though it shall be just hooked on and ready to fire anytime.

Probably the SD-10 is a downgraded one? Which they need to test out the missiles since it has some missing component or the different frequency is playing a problem? Or the PAF side is confident of AIM-120 which onboard F-16 that SD-10 can slowly takes its time to intergrate. It maybe funding problem too.

SD-10 integration has been done, it is being tested in China and no issues have surfaced so far, issues that emerged were solved last year. Why the same old news is spread over and over?

SD-10 integration has been done, it is being tested in China and no issues have surfaced so far, issues that emerged were solved last year. Why the same old news is spread over and over?

what kind of issues arrived during SD-10 integration?

Well i know im a dummy and just a beginner so id like to ask a question
Is there any general way you could calculate the payload of an aircraft??
I tried using the loaded and empty weights difference

for Mirage 2000 it worked and the payload came out exactly as the difference (13,800 kg - 7,500 kg = 6300 Kg)

For F-16 the difference is 3430 Kg while its payload is alot higher

For Mig-29 the difference is 5800 Kg while its payload according to wiki is just 3500 Kg/4500 Kg reported for SMT

For JF-17 the difference is 2689 Kg while its payload is said to be 3800 Kg

Then I also took the difference of max take off weight and loaded weight

for Mig-29 it came out to be 4200 Kg

For F-16 it came out to be 7200 Kg

For Mirage 2000 it came out to be 3200 Kg

and for JFT it was 3600 Kg

can some one plz explain
thanks in advance :)

Ok, thanks Nabil. So what Razgriz said that the SD-10 will be a part of Block II incorrect? It didn't make sense a lot as you'd question that why is PAF working on block one first 50 without BVR....?

So per your post, the testing of SD-10 will happen in Pak as well I assume as the existing block ones will be updated and tested? And when do you think this capability will become operational? Just trying to understand a time frame....

well as far as i know we wont see any SD-10s in the first 48 aircrafts or so..

That's wrong Ragriz. Completely wrong.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

i have been tried of hearing about sd-10a vs jf-17 dilemma..i mean every day i hear news like there is radar glitch..there is that problem and there is this problem..?

Do you visit BR forum or what. Like from where you get this news "everyday" of glitches. Only those guys can report that. Last time it was some six or more months when I heard something like that. After that it was confirmed by good members like Nabil that integration has been completed.

Precisely, too many Pakistan forumer poison by BR.. They shall visit sinodefence forum more to get themselves updated on the latest Chinese military technology and don't always live in the history. China military modernisation is so fast that those old news like China not able to produce capable and reliable turbofan engine shall have shut up.

China military technology has surpass even Russian. I still remember a NTI report talking about Russian went to the latest Military electronic trade show in Beijing to source for the latest component make by Chinese company for PGM and guided weapon.. The Russian claimed they can't find such things in Russia.

Those news of Chinese military equipment of lacking quality and advancement is probably a decade old news which can't fit in the 2011 context. Guys, get yourself updated.

Precisely, too many Pakistan forumer poison by BR.. They shall visit sinodefence forum more to get themselves updated on the latest Chinese military technology and don't always live in the history. China military modernisation is so fast that those old news like China not able to produce capable and reliable turbofan engine shall have shut up.

China military technology has surpass even Russian. I still remember a NTI report talking about Russian went to the latest Military electronic trade show in Beijing to source for the latest component make by Chinese company for PGM and guided weapon.. The Russian claimed they can't find such things in Russia.

Those news of Chinese military equipment of lacking quality and advancement is probably a decade old news which can't fit in the 2011 context. Guys, get yourself updated.

Beast - I appreciate the patriotism and trust in made in China products, but I disagree to some degree with your post above. I have a habit of calling spade a 'spade' so my post doesn't mean any offense or hurt feelings of anyone. It is just the reality.

Do I think China is making great progress across the board in everything, engineering, military, non-military, absolutely. I don't have any doubt in China's growing capabilities (emphasizing on growing).
However, if I was to take Chinese products and call them a direct comparison of its Western counterparts, I don't think the products, capability and the quality is there yet. However, 2000 vs. 2011, there is a VAST growth in quality. Entirely admit that. Eventually, things will get to a point where Chinese products will be a direct competitor (from quality and cost wise) to its Western counterparts but China is still a good few years away.

Comparing to Russia, that's not a good comparison. Here's the reason why. Throughout the technology boom in 80's and 90's, the Russians made a big mistake. The West (especially the U.S.) went towards the microchip and nano technology (new spying equipment, radars, jet engines, engineering products with very long endurance and 'up time' if you will). However, Russia decided to focus on Mainframe centralized technology. Due to which, it couldn't utilize a lot of things that the Western countries could. An example is just the AESA radars. Russian AESA came to the market now. While the West has operational it. They were testing it in conflicts during 1991 and then with Serbia. Another example is AWACS, P8I and others. All these use VERY sensitive small microchip and nano technologies.

Russia has always been knowing to mass produce stuff. China was the same way until about ten years ago. Then they changed and started to work on the micro-chip and nano technologies. Results are obvious in front of others BUT not exactly compared to the U.S., European electronics just yet.
Also remember, these countries have been toying with the technologies since the 70's. China really started to focus on the latest technology in 1990. So, you got people with over 20 years more experience vs. the Chinese industry. That's the reason why anything made in China that goes to the U.S. or to Europe, has their own specs for it. Cell phones, computers, etc, etc. Chinese standards are different and don't match that of American (ANSI: American National Standards Institutes) or the ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange), and then there is ISO, EN , etc, etc just to name a few in Communications and information interchange field and then there are different mediums and protocols.
So, again, I am all for Chinese products to be 100% quality compatible with the West, but it will take some more time. Another example is, if the FC-20 was to do everything exactly the way F-16 B 52 does, I am more than confident that the PAF would LOVE to go all out on FC-20. But the platform isn't mature yet: aka quality and functionality is still being ironed out. So give it a few more years before jumping the gun about how advance the Chinese equipment is. It is still much better than a LOT of the countries, but not yet rated A yet, if you will. Hope this helps.

Ok, thanks Nabil. So what Razgriz said that the SD-10 will be a part of Block II incorrect? It didn't make sense a lot as you'd question that why is PAF working on block one first 50 without BVR....?

So per your post, the testing of SD-10 will happen in Pak as well I assume as the existing block ones will be updated and tested? And when do you think this capability will become operational? Just trying to understand a time frame....

Block II will not be the first to field SD-10.
SD-10 has been tested on a Block-I state proto in China..
The Block-II's will come out of the factory ready for SD-10... while the current Block-I's will receive a software update to operate the missile.

but to my surprise,one of high-ranking officers in the CCTV's programme , he visted to PAC in April.who said JFT being upgraded now.JFT blk1 were being produced in PAC which also have reserved the interface of AESA radar, so as to change doppler radar into a AESA radar for JFT blk1 in future . I have no notion of what it means???
he still said PAC are waiting the new chinese AESA radar now.
And the PLA officials said that PAC will develop pakistan own avionics in future. Also all JFT will be manufactured by the PAC independently .he also introduced the JFT's patch of PAF to others in this program .
btw,this program of JFT from chinese bigest official media ,CCTV.

CCTV link of this programme :

[·ÀÎñй۲ì]ÖаͰæèÉÁúµÄ¹âÃ÷Ç°¾°(20110827)_¾üÊÂƵµÀ_ÖйúÍøÂçµçÊǪ́

Beast - I appreciate the patriotism and trust in made in China products, but I disagree to some degree with your post above. I have a habit of calling spade a 'spade' so my post doesn't mean any offense or hurt feelings of anyone. It is just the reality.

Do I think China is making great progress across the board in everything, engineering, military, non-military, absolutely. I don't have any doubt in China's growing capabilities (emphasizing on growing).
However, if I was to take Chinese products and call them a direct comparison of its Western counterparts, I don't think the products, capability and the quality is there yet. However, 2000 vs. 2011, there is a VAST growth in quality. Entirely admit that. Eventually, things will get to a point where Chinese products will be a direct competitor (from quality and cost wise) to its Western counterparts but China is still a good few years away.

Comparing to Russia, that's not a good comparison. Here's the reason why. Throughout the technology boom in 80's and 90's, the Russians made a big mistake. The West (especially the U.S.) went towards the microchip and nano technology (new spying equipment, radars, jet engines, engineering products with very long endurance and 'up time' if you will). However, Russia decided to focus on Mainframe centralized technology. Due to which, it couldn't utilize a lot of things that the Western countries could. An example is just the AESA radars. Russian AESA came to the market now. While the West has operational it. They were testing it in conflicts during 1991 and then with Serbia. Another example is AWACS, P8I and others. All these use VERY sensitive small microchip and nano technologies.

Russia has always been knowing to mass produce stuff. China was the same way until about ten years ago. Then they changed and started to work on the micro-chip and nano technologies. Results are obvious in front of others BUT not exactly compared to the U.S., European electronics just yet.
Also remember, these countries have been toying with the technologies since the 70's. China really started to focus on the latest technology in 1990. So, you got people with over 20 years more experience vs. the Chinese industry. That's the reason why anything made in China that goes to the U.S. or to Europe, has their own specs for it. Cell phones, computers, etc, etc. Chinese standards are different and don't match that of American (ANSI: American National Standards Institutes) or the ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange), and then there is ISO, EN , etc, etc just to name a few in Communications and information interchange field and then there are different mediums and protocols.
So, again, I am all for Chinese products to be 100% quality compatible with the West, but it will take some more time. Another example is, if the FC-20 was to do everything exactly the way F-16 B 52 does, I am more than confident that the PAF would LOVE to go all out on FC-20. But the platform isn't mature yet: aka quality and functionality is still being ironed out. So give it a few more years before jumping the gun about how advance the Chinese equipment is. It is still much better than a LOT of the countries, but not yet rated A yet, if you will. Hope this helps.

Your block 52 is only good in ground attack option. In trying to match air superiority duel, J-10 will eat a Block 52 in no time. PAF need blk 52 just to have a more mature multi role which block 52 can do. But presently, all the while PLAAF is interested in Air superiority. Sure we have attack plane like JH-7A and J-11B but when comes to air superiority. Nothing will come close to J-10 if you just want to use Blk 52 to compare...

Isn't it precisely PAF is trying to cut down on number of origin F-16 acquired? Cut down on your stereotyping and see the real world. The change of fortune is indeed there. USA is going down hill. Their stuff is not as good as you all think. Have faith in your AF procurement. Its not entirely a political decision or price issue when they go for J-10 and JF-17.

As for Russia, I am very amused someone put Mig-29 put it in front of J-10 in terms of ranking.
Take a real good look at their so called T-50. Its a piece of crap. Not even fit to called stealth. Those familiar with radar reflection wil know T-50 is horrible for stealth. And Russia called T-50 is their most advance design. Haha.. That shows how low their standard is.

These are pretty old and honestly, not even worth posting. The Indian media serves their purpose so no need to be upset at that.

If the dude in the flight simulator video could drop his jump-starting thick south Indian accent, I might've had a little bit more interest in actually hearing him out. It felt like a small earth quake of English words as he talked in his jumpy Indian accent trying to act like he's from the Indian CNN and comparing the JFT to whatever his imagination was..(the lca aka, the light crap aircraft may be :) )

lollllll well said bro i was just amazed to see the great reporting of there media ....................

To my surprise,one of high-ranking officers in the CCTV's programme , he visted to PAC in April.who said JFT being upgraded now.JFT blk1 were being produced in PAC which also have reserved the interface of AESA radar, so as to change doppler radar into a AESA radar for JFT blk1 in future . I have no notion of what it means???
he still said PAC are waiting the new chinese AESA radar now.

btw,this program of JFT from chinese bigest official media ,CCTV.

CCTV link of this programme :

[·ÀÎñй۲ì]ÖаͰæèÉÁúµÄ¹âÃ÷Ç°¾°(20110827)_¾üÊÂƵµÀ_ÖйúÍøÂçµçÊǪ́

I think it means that AESA can b fitted in with blk 1 in future and also confirms that the blk 2 will have an AESA . please senior members correct me if i am wrong i am just new here ........................

jetplaneontheroadofkara.jpg

Is this kalma chowk?, why is the aircaft brought here? I can also see tug in front of the A/C,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom