What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new warplanes would carry an Italian "avionics package" that is far superior to the Chinese technology installed on the 30 aircraft currently being acquired by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), military officials close to the project said.

Two squadrons have been inducted since the first Thunder was manufactured in November 2010, with Pakistan likely to acquire 250 to 300 of the warplanes by 2015, defence analysts said.

Arms race between India and Pakistan takes to air - The National

:whistle::whistle::enjoy:

possibly

Vixen E1000 Italian AESA radar

vixen1000eaesaradarfrom.jpg

^That seems to be the case but my question is : If the new batch is going to be installed with avionics in China how would Italians provide these avionics to Chinese? maybe italians are following in the footsteps of Israel. Anyway it is a great news if true.

Italian avionics far superior?? Last i heard was PAF evaluated French, Chinese and Italian and found Chinese better in terms of cost/ performance so they went for it. If Chinese avionics were not good, we always had the Italian option. But Vixen is another story as Chinese AESA specification is not known.

Hello Nabil,

Well if PAF has gone for Italian AESA for JF-17s, how are we convinced that J-10s AESA is what PAF needed? After all both platforms have a lot common in them and both will be using similar weapons.

If this news of Italian AESA is true, we are missing something important.

The new warplanes would carry an Italian "avionics package" that is far superior to the Chinese technology installed on the 30 aircraft currently being acquired by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), military officials close to the project said.

This is quite true.The statement is sometimes reversed according to the occasions though.

Arms race between India and Pakistan takes to air - The National

Come EFT , forget Italians.:devil:

PL-5E-II-AAM-Zhenguan-Studio-2S.jpg

PL-5E-II Magnesium Fluoride seeker window. The choice of material indicates a 4 micron band detector (image © 2009, Zhenguan Studio)

Credits: Auspower Australia.

These induction of fighters were already published in january !!!
i hope some of u remember thread where it was told that a guy named papu said we gonna have surprises this year!!!!
i think this is about 50jf17 and fc20
again reminding

JF-17-High-Marks-2010-large.jpg

HIGH MARKS OF THUNDER: JF-17 Thunder (serial# 08-107) dropping MK-82 General Purpose Bombs on a mock target in exercise High Marks 2010. Another JF-17 (serial# 08-108) behind, having a little dark camouflage, is turning towards the scene. Date of the event is 29/3/2010.

Is this a photoshope of JF-17 block-2? By Airliners.net?

1686520.jpg

Is this a photoshope of JF-17 block-2? By Airliners.net?

1686520.jpg
Haha NO!!!!
Its Ghuran's work iam sure....may be he left the original details to remain at safe end on copyright issues.
Good composition BTW!

^That seems to be the case but my question is : If the new batch is going to be installed with avionics in China how would Italians provide these avionics to Chinese? maybe italians are following in the footsteps of Israel. Anyway it is a great news if true.

if this is true, and it may be as the italians have transferred ToT for the Grifo series of radar, so any changes wld be done at kamra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom