What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All, please let's not be harsh on Mr. Mastan Khan, he brings a very welcome and refreshing opinion to this forum. Remember this is a forum, and that means divergent and different opinions.

Now in regards to the JF-17 BVR missile in the static display, it is just that, a static display. Even JF-17 mock-ups 5 years ago had the SD-10A on them. The key is, has this missile been integrated, tested and fired from the JF-17 platform. Also how good is this missile, range, speed, warhead size, etc. Hopefully some details might be divulged in the airshow.

In regards to the short range AAM, it could also be a Brazilian one, but does not look like one. The article specifically says at the bottom the following.

South Africa, Brazil ready for A-Darter missile test

"Avibras chief executive Sami Hassuani believes an initial 100-200 units could be sold to international users, with Pakistan viewed as a prime candidate. Mectron delivered its first MAA-1A Piranha-1 air-to-air missiles to the nation last month, and Islamabad has also signed a letter of intent to purchase B-version Piranha-2s."

Mectron MAA-1 Piranha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks and have a pleasant evening!

Blain has posted the Pic already....tempist.

Anyways U guys should dedicate it to our MASTAN KHAN INC.
No offence.

Hi,

Thankyou very much for your kind gesture---at least you are not insulting---thankyou kindly.

SD 10 is well and good---the problem is not with the SD 10 pers say---but rather the range of the sd 10---which is roughly 50-60 km heads on---and possibly---30--40 km mx for a 90% kill shot.

I want you to not be angry---but for a moment think like this with a calm and clear mind----successful generals put themselves in the shoes of the enemy---so you do the same----IF PAKISTAN AIRFORCE OPERATED 124 SU 30'S AND INDIAN AIRFORCE HAD WHAT PAF HAS AND VICE VERSA----AND IAF DEVELOPED A JF 17---and all these indian members over here were jumpingup and down and claiming that therir new born JF 17 would take out our seasoned SU 30 on which our pilots had trained for 15 years----what would you say to them---.

This is an honest meet your god moment---. This post is may seem to be directed at you----but is not.

People---put your self in the enemy's shoes---be the enemy---operate the enemy equipment---think like the enemy.

Last edited:
Sir Mastaan PAC official web site claims tht JFT has BVR and its Effective range is 100 Km n above.
And JF-17s is just a baby and yes it cant be compaired with a mature platform like SU-30 but rather it can give a tough fight to mig 29 or mirage...
And inshallah PAF will do something abt its radar n other capabilities with time.

Anyways i apologize if u felt offended by my silly comment.

Last edited:
SD 10 is well and good---the problem is not with the SD 10 pers say---but rather the range of the sd 10---which is roughly 50-60 km heads on---and possibly---30--40 km mx for a 90% kill shot.

Mastan Sahab, the reported range for SD 10 was 70 km and this was back in 2003. At the pace China has been progressing in the field of Defence, its quite probable the missile has been improved further and the range has improved. China is investing billions of dollars when it comes to their defence needs, they are outspending everyone besides the Americans and they are delivering results in rapid times. Emerging Chinese 5th Generation Missiles such as PL 13 look very promising, i would say give it time because the Chinese like the Americans can run simultaneous projects at the same time. Look at the strides they have made when it comes to their Air Force, Navy and Army in the past 2 decades.

Besides, SD 10 is not the only BVRAAM in PAF's inventory. As Shamim Sahab has disclosed, PAF is in possession of R Darter and its range is 120 KM. Nobody here is suggesting that JF 17 is superior to SU30MKI, if you compare them on paper than obviousally SU30MKI is superior. But in reality, wars are not fought on paper. If proper tactics are used and JF17 is armed with 5th Generation BVRAAMs and WVRAAMs, than it levels out the playing field. In the end, the side which is better trained and employs their assets properly will come out as the winner. SU30MKI isnt the Raptor, dont believe all the hype that has been created by the Indians. You would be surprised with the sort of tactics that PAF has developed, its not something that they fear. JF17's linked with Erieyes/ZDK 03, TPS 77/YL2 and SAM support is very formidable defence if you ask me.

Mastan Sahab, the reported range for SD 10 was 70 km and this was back in 2003. At the pace China has been progressing in the field of Defence, its quite probable the missile has been improved further and the range has improved. China is investing billions of dollars when it comes to their defence needs, they are outspending everyone besides the Americans and they are delivering results in rapid times. Emerging Chinese 5th Generation Missiles such as PL 13 look very promising, i would say give it time because the Chinese like the Americans can run simultaneous projects at the same time. Look at the strides they have made when it comes to their Air Force, Navy and Army in the past 2 decades.

Besides, SD 10 is not the only BVRAAM in PAF's inventory. As Shamim Sahab has disclosed, PAF is in possession of R Darter and its range is 120 KM. Nobody here is suggesting that JF 17 is superior to SU30MKI, if you compare them on paper than obviousally SU30MKI is superior. But in reality, wars are not fought on paper. If proper tactics are used and JF17 is armed with 5th Generation BVRAAMs and WVRAAMs, than it levels out the playing field. In the end, the side which is better trained and employs their assets properly will come out as the winner. SU30MKI isnt the Raptor, dont believe all the hype that has been created by the Indians. You would be surprised with the sort of tactics that PAF has developed, its not something that they fear. JF17's linked with Erieyes/ZDK 03, TPS 77/YL2 and SAM support is very formidable defence if you ask me.

ur bang on target!
i agree with u, if thunder id equiped with proper equipment then it can challenge any 4/4.5G a/c.
someone posted a video of gulf war, i forgot which thread was it, but the point is that f-15 pilot had a very hard time shooting down a Mig-25, which was piloted by a very skilledfull pilot of iraqi air force! (f-15 took THREE shots, before splashing it!!!)

guyz i have a question!
why cant PAF just go for a chinese 5th generation short range missile!?
which i heard is a copy of A-darter

ur bang on target!
i agree with u, if thunder id equiped with proper equipment then it can challenge any 4/4.5G a/c.
someone posted a video of gulf war, i forgot which thread was it, but the point is that f-15 pilot had a very hard time shooting down a Mig-25, which was piloted by a very skilledfull pilot of iraqi air force! (f-15 took THREE shots, before splashing it!!!)

Hi,

First of all that iraqi was not a skillful pilot---otherwise he would not have chosen to fly across the F 15---secondly---instead of bugging out---he tried to out turn the F 15---which was a big big no.

The mig 25 pilot had two chances of bugging out----after the first misslie missed due to his actions---the second missile missed due to sensors---the pilot kept turning---he should have put the pedal to the metal and bugged out of dodge.

The F 15 pilot didnot have a hard time shooting him down----that was just a normal shoot down----the enemy falls right in front of your screen---what else are you going to do if not to shoot it down.

Hard shoot down is when the both the parties are on even playing field---when one party gets behind the other and then the other does the same---till one of them makes an error and the winner flies home.

Why did the mig 25 not make a high speed head on pass and shot his missile at the F 15---

Pshamim---what do you think----what would have happened if the mig had made a head on pass at high speed and launched its missile---seemed that theF 15 didnot have bvr's in that encounter.

My thinking is----the mig 25 pilot got panicked and flew in front of the F 15---not knowing where the F 15 was---because the second mig 25 went away straight and nothing happened according to that video.

Hi,

First of all that iraqi was not a skillful pilot---otherwise he would not have chosen to fly across the F 15---secondly---instead of bugging out---he tried to out turn the F 15---which was a big big no.

The mig 25 pilot had two chances of bugging out----after the first misslie missed due to his actions---the second missile missed due to sensors---the pilot kept turning---he should have put the pedal to the metal and bugged out of dodge.

The F 15 pilot didnot have a hard time shooting him down----that was just a normal shoot down----the enemy falls right in front of your screen---what else are you going to do if not to shoot it down.

Hard shoot down is when the both the parties are on even playing field---when one party gets behind the other and then the other does the same---till one of them makes an error and the winner flies home.

Why did the mig 25 not make a high speed head on pass and shot his missile at the F 15---

Pshamim---what do you think----what would have happened if the mig had made a head on pass at high speed and launched its missile---seemed that theF 15 didnot have bvr's in that encounter.

My thinking is----the mig 25 pilot got panicked and flew in front of the F 15---not knowing where the F 15 was---because the second mig 25 went away straight and nothing happened according to that video.

well in my defination, if u can evade a missile then ur a damn good pilot! ( dont forget even when evading a missile timing is very important!) and sure he made few mistakes like u said but he DID NOT panick if he did then he would have got splash by the very first missile!

JF17 at farborough
4807676867_6654459f8b_b.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

u mean to say only those are skill full pilots who dont fly against superior platform....well said man keep it up:rofl:

secondly do pilots hve choice to fly agaist their own liking

just 4 hard poinis for weapons not very good apporach hard points should be more.

if block ii have ws-13 (with 100KN)than it surely will have more hard point

and BTW the hard point with which external tanks are attached can be used for weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom