What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Why is the colour scheme of fourth aircraft different from others in second picture? A new squadron???

AFM - July 2010 Issue!

kcz29z.jpg
Oh Dude Thanks for this.I saved my money!I was about to order this magzine..just for these articles
PS: You can see 4 JF-17's flying in video here (cockpit video) You can see thunders dropping the payload.The video is shot from F-16B cockpit (Double Seat).

Last edited by a moderator:
deal canellation was only propoganda by the indians.what else can we expect from them.
pak is doing a good job in showing interest in scorpene,so the french does not totally back of

According to the article, JF-17 is still getting the French Avionics!!

:victory::victory::woot::woot::yahoo::yahoo: :pakistan:

According to the article, JF-17 is still getting the French Avionics!!

:victory::victory::woot::woot::yahoo::yahoo: :pakistan:

There is also the first printed/official statement I have seen suggesting PAF might, out of chioce, have some JF-17s on Chinese avionics and others with French. ... ... Maybe it is not the first time because we have always known they first batch will have Chinese systems. ... ... However what I am reading from the article is that even with the French avionics arriving, we will see more Thunders with Chinese system after the first 50.

Last edited:
yeah air chief statement says that but we really dont know the inside story.
Because few days back they introduce 4 indigenous parts of avionic system. and they said that they want to start indigenous production for the whole avionics suite in few years time, so why would they still want to go with french deal. the whole situation is messed up right now. things will get clear when the 2nd batch production starts. if they go for the french deal then the only reason will be weapons package.
In my opinion pakistan should put the same money in local development rather than giving it to french. But that would decrease the export potential cuz countries would rather go for a plane with avionics from a reputed country. But even then we can offer a customised version as per there needs.

Last edited:
yeah air chief statement says that but we really dont know the inside the story.
Because few days back they introduce 4 indigenous parts of avionic system. and they said that they want to start indigenous production for the whole avionics suite in few years time, so why would they still want to go with french deal. the whole situation is messed up right now. things will get clear when the 2nd batch production starts. if they go for the french deal then the only reason will be weapons package.
In my opinion pakistan should put the same money in local development rather than giving it to french. But that would decrease the export potential cuz countries would rather go for a plane with avionics from a reputed country. But even then we can offer a customised version as per there needs.

You above reasoning should be further confirmation that they will keep and continue to buy some planes with Chinese avionics.

You above reasoning should be further confirmation that they will keep and continue to buy some planes with Chinese avionics.

Chinese are working for an avionics package for the second batch of JF-17s, most probably with an AESA radar included as Chinese are gonna fight hard for the contract for JF-17 avionics. Much improved and advanced then the current one.

So after first 50, we may see French in some, 50 or so and then revert back to Chinese, or once the first 150 get inducted, we go with the other orders having Chinese ones.

Its all mixed up, who knows PAF is making the French and Chinese fight for it and let the best of both come out and use it.

News of PN going for French smaller Andrasta SSK has also come up, French as we know are greedy and mostly want to sell weapons in combined packages, so may be PAF is playing along so that PN gets the deal for the subs also which may include ToPT and some ToT also, if both things are done, it will be a big deal, so who knows what game is being played. May be PAF orders French just for 50 aircraft to get access to their BVR missiles or other WVR missiles.

One hell of a game is being played behind the scenes, with everyone having its own stake, so lets see what comes out of it and who wins.

But one thing is sure, Chinese are not gonna go down that easily as per past years, as their tech has really improved and in just a few years time they will be no less then western ones.

The JF-17 with dark cammo is actually standard PAF F-16's camo.

No nations democratic foundations are built on pure verbal rhetoric---they require the blood of the criminal element to be spilt---crime must not pay in pakistan. Let us all be fair to pakistan---let us find someone who can donate some money for our cause---.

I want to start a jihad against all these criminals---the looters , the plunderers, the rapists, the highway robbers, the those who take bribes and flasely implicate others----I want to start up a clean up movement---any takers---anyone you know wants to donate fuinds so that we can start a movement.

if someone else had uttered these idealist words here, you specifically would have ripped them to shreds by calling them young, naive and amateurs who need a lot of growing up to do. Anyway, you are not the only the Pakistani who feels like so, we'd all like to do something to straighten things out but our talk and effort seem frail in the grander scheme of things. But more power to you for talking about bringing a much needed positive change, hopefully you didn't talk out of a burst of emotions.

yeah air chief statement says that but we really dont know the inside story.
Avionics aren't limited to just a few systems, there are a lot of subsystems and different modules to account for, such as communication, data-link interface, etc..and it's likely that they're also referring to ECM/EW alongside aircraft management systems. So while Pakistan may be doing well with producing certain systems, it may still need to import ECM/EW and data-link technology from abroad...and also take into account the requirement for HMD/S. So if PAF selects MICA-IR & RF, then it'll likely get the TopOwl-F HMD/S for use on the MICA - it's Thales' main export set. Also, PAF may also need French ECM/EW technology, for example the PAJ-FA pod has DRFM.

Chinese are working for an avionics package for the second batch of JF-17s, most probably with an AESA radar included as Chinese are gonna fight hard for the contract for JF-17 avionics. Much improved and advanced then the current one.

So after first 50, we may see French in some, 50 or so and then revert back to Chinese, or once the first 150 get inducted, we go with the other orders having Chinese ones.

Its all mixed up, who knows PAF is making the French and Chinese fight for it and let the best of both come out and use it.

News of PN going for French smaller Andrasta SSK has also come up, French as we know are greedy and mostly want to sell weapons in combined packages, so may be PAF is playing along so that PN gets the deal for the subs also which may include ToPT and some ToT also, if both things are done, it will be a big deal, so who knows what game is being played. May be PAF orders French just for 50 aircraft to get access to their BVR missiles or other WVR missiles.

One hell of a game is being played behind the scenes, with everyone having its own stake, so lets see what comes out of it and who wins.

But one thing is sure, Chinese are not gonna go down that easily as per past years, as their tech has really improved and in just a few years time they will be no less then western ones.

I dont mean to sound naive..

But is there a possibility that PAF was negotiating with French for avionics on China's behalf (covertly). We all know that China doesnt have access to western avionics and the only way China can compete with Western avionics is to have access to them. French might have considered the possibility and simply backed out the deal.

This may or may not be the case but i believe is something to be thought about.

I dont mean to sound naive..

But is there a possibility that PAF was negotiating with French for avionics on China's behalf (covertly). We all know that China doesnt have access to western avionics and the only way China can compete with Western avionics is to have access to them. French might have considered the possibility and simply backed out the deal.

This may or may not be the case but i believe is something to be thought about.

Doubt that, the anti deal lobbyists have been crying foul over this but the simple indicator would be the NO official statement in this regard by the french. Plus the Chinese have had way to many opportunities to look at PAF hardware back in the 90's. Then again when they based their engineers working on F-7's on bases housing the ROSE Mirages. The Chinese don't ask for something unless we tell them to copy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom