What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mean-bird,

Your comment

"And please point to me where I went "rararara" with my points at any point in time in my posts?

True - lets be fair! lets be fair to our country and all other countries. That means we are not biased towards it but also not against it".

My comments:---

"People you need to learn to be FAIR TO YOURSELVES AND TO YOUR COUNTRY. When you jump on the band wagon of rarararara the truth then tends to hide---. When you hide the truth---you are being unfair to the country".

I don't think my post was directed to you in name---sorry about that.

Secondly---who has been fair to paksitan for the last 60 plus years---you---me---anyone---the walls---the mountains---the trees---rocks---tell me one who has been fair to pakistan---no one---.

Only way you can be fair is to first openly admit that you are in the wrong---IT IS ALCOHOLIC ANONYMOUS CLASS---once you admit it whole heartedly that you are in the wrong---then you take the step of those who are still adherent to their old habbits.

Did you read the news in the JANG paper today---.

Two express trains were towed half way to jacobabad by one diesel locomotive from karachi---because we didnot have two locomotives for two trains.

You want to be fair to pakistan---then let us start a revolution---pakistan needs a bloody revolution---we need some blood of the criminals---pakistan needs to be cleansed---let us execute the criminals and the politicians and some generals and mullahs---let us be fair to pakistan.

No nations democratic foundations are built on pure verbal rhetoric---they require the blood of the criminal element to be spilt---crime must not pay in pakistan. Let us all be fair to pakistan---let us find someone who can donate some money for our cause---.

Last edited:
Mean-bird,
I want to start a jihad against all these criminals---the looters , the plunderers, the rapists, the highway robbers, the those who take bribes and flasely implicate others----I want to start up a clean up movement---any takers---anyone you know wants to donate fuinds so that we can start a movement.

Just one question: given two alternatives, one quick to implement, but not guaranteed to last, another slow, painfully slow, but permanent in nature, which would you prefer?

Just one question: given two alternatives, one quick to implement, but not guaranteed to last, another slow, painfully slow, but permanent in nature, which would you prefer?

Hi,

There is no such thing as slow---painfully slow---. Sometimes you never come out of the dive---. Criminals need to feel the heat---they need to feel the rope around their neck---otherwise---they will create scenarios to dupe everyone into submission---as has already been done.

Mean-bird,

Your comment

"And please point to me where I went "rararara" with my points at any point in time in my posts?

True - lets be fair! lets be fair to our country and all other countries. That means we are not biased towards it but also not against it".

My comments:---

"People you need to learn to be FAIR TO YOURSELVES AND TO YOUR COUNTRY. When you jump on the band wagon of rarararara the truth then tends to hide---. When you hide the truth---you are being unfair to the country".

Secondly---who has been fair to paksitan for the last 60 plus years---you---me---anyone---the walls---the mountains---the trees---rocks---tell me one who has been fair to pakistan---no one---.

Only way you can be fair is to first openly admit that you are in the wrong---IT IS ALCOHOLIC ANONYMOUS CLASS---once you admit it whole heartedly that you are in the wrong---then you take the step of those who are still adherent to their old habbits.

Did you read the news in the JANG paper today---.

Two express trains were towed half way to jacobabad by one diesel locomotive from karachi---because we didnot have two locomotives for two trains.

You want to be fair to pakistan---then let us start a revolution---pakistan needs a bloody revolution---we need some blood of the criminals---pakistan needs to be cleansed---let us execute the criminals and the politicians and some generals and mullahs---let us be fair to pakistan.

No nations democratic foundations are built on pure verbal rhetoric---they require the blood of the criminal element to be spilt---crime must not pay in pakistan. Let us all be fair to pakistan---let us find someone who can donate some money for our cause---.

I want to start a jihad against all these criminals---the looters , the plunderers, the rapists, the highway robbers, the those who take bribes and flasely implicate others----I want to start up a clean up movement---any takers---anyone you know wants to donate fuinds so that we can start a movement.

Sir, i totally understand your sentiments and god knows i agree with them, but this is not the case only with Pakistan. Corruption is everywhere, even the great US of A is run by criminal syndicates and mafias who control virtually everything that happens there. If you think there are no corrupt politicians in India than you are direly mistaken.

We do not need a blood revolution to correct Pakistan, what we need are small gestures of righteousness. We need to start by correcting ourselves first, by not violating traffic signals, by not trying to save tax, by not wasting electricity, water our other resources, by respecting our country and its national heros, by not throwing garbage on road sides. And than we should let these little drops of water make the mighty oceans.

I know there is a lot wrong with Pakistan to be corrected instantly and from surface it seems each and every Pakistani whether living in Pakistan and breaking every possible law, or comfortably sitting in a foreign country far away from the problems, is cursing Pakistan and its govt. for not being able to do any thing. Why don't we realize that instead of blaming others we should first correct ourselves and than point fingers.

I believe we can become one. My parents have told me that during the 1965 war, people who fled Lahore had left their houses and shops open and unprotected and when they returned there wasn't a single penny stolen. There wasn't even one single theft reported and even the beggars were donating all their earnings to the Army fund. There were so many people willing to donate blood that the hospitals ran out of space to store it.

Lets no go that far back, during the 2005 earthquake i was studying in the university. We only made one announcement and out of the 500 odd students in our department only, we managed to send two trucks full of relief goods. I personally know women who sold their jewelery to donate to the earthquake relief fund.

You know what, Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital in Lahore has an annual expense of over 1.7 billion rupees out of which they get over 60% from donations. And this is just one example and there are many more. Who donates to these organizations? We Pakistanis do. All is not lost, there is still hope.

What i believe is perfectly described by these verses of Dr. Allama Muhammad Iqbal

"Nahi hai na umeed Iqbal apne kasht e veeran say"
"Zara nam ho to ye mitti bari zarkhaiz hai saqi"

I am really sorry my post is not relevant to this topic so mods can move or delete it as per their liking. I just wanted to let my heart out.

Hi,

There is no such thing as slow---painfully slow---. Sometimes you never come out of the dive---. Criminals need to feel the heat---they need to feel the rope around their neck---otherwise---they will create scenarios to dupe everyone into submission---as has already been done.

You certainly have a point.

Wasn't this, however, more or less the same reason quoted by four military administrations when they took over the country?

Keep the discussion to JF-17, for corruption, military take overs and other stuff, there are threads, and if you don't find one, open one and discuss.

Keep this thread for just JF-17.

Thanks

744.jpg

Pakistan launches homemade JF-17 jet

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, June 8 (UPI) -- Pakistan has announced plans to begin production of avionics and related gadgets for the Sino-Pak JF-17 Thunder fighter jet.

The launch, announced at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex in Kamra, outside Islamabad, is being billed as a vital move for making the country's air force "self-reliant."

"A strong air force is essential for our nation's survival," said Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman at the ceremonial launch. "Self-reliance for the Pakistani air force is an important factor and this ... is an important step in this direction."

To date, the bulk of avionics made in Pakistan have been manufactured as part of joint ventures with foreign companies. In the past, these have included Selex Galileo radars produced for the air force's fleet of Mirage III and F-7P Fishbed fighters.

On the occasion of the presentation and speaking at the Kamra manufacturing plant, Air Marshal Farhat Hussain Khan also presented an appraisal of JF-17 avionics program activities. These include four indigenously designed and developed avionics systems currently being developed at the Kamra Avionics and Radar Factory, Sify News reported.

Khan said the production scope "would be progressively broadened" to include the creation of a complete JF-17 avionics suite at the complex.

Neither Khan nor other Pakistani military officials elaborated on the plans.

Defense News reported, however, that "at least two of the domestically designed and produced systems include a head-up display and a weapons and mission management computer."

It said previous avionics projects had included a radar honing system for the 1960s F-104 combat aircraft; IRST pod and modifications to the GEC 956 head-up display and, most recently, the weapon aiming system for the F-7P jet in the 1990s.

Originally known as Super 7, the JF-17 Thunder was developed by the Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corp. under a joint venture between China and Pakistan, Sify News reported.

It said that the Pakistani air force was set to acquire 150 JF-17s but China's final order -- anticipated at 250 -- would hinge on the final evaluation of the fighter jet.

Military experts assess Pakistan's move into domestic avionics production as an economically viable decision after ill-fated attempts in the past.

By some accounts, the JF-17 is gaining popular demand. As many as 17 nations have placed orders while Pakistan is considering deploying the aircraft in strategic parts of the country. Exports have also surged for the K-8 fighter, which is jointly designed and produced with China.

"China brought in its production facilities while Pakistan brought in ideas, design from its invaluable experience using Western planes like Mirages and F-16s," Ruppe News reported. "It was a perfect symbiosis."
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, June 8 (UPI) -- Pakistan has announced plans to begin production of avionics and related gadgets for the Sino-Pak JF-17 Thunder fighter jet.

The launch, announced at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex in Kamra, outside Islamabad, is being billed as a vital move for making the country's air force "self-reliant."

"A strong air force is essential for our nation's survival," said Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman at the ceremonial launch. "Self-reliance for the Pakistani air force is an important factor and this ... is an important step in this direction."

To date, the bulk of avionics made in Pakistan have been manufactured as part of joint ventures with foreign companies. In the past, these have included Selex Galileo radars produced for the air force's fleet of Mirage III and F-7P Fishbed fighters.

On the occasion of the presentation and speaking at the Kamra manufacturing plant, Air Marshal Farhat Hussain Khan also presented an appraisal of JF-17 avionics program activities. These include four indigenously designed and developed avionics systems currently being developed at the Kamra Avionics and Radar Factory, Sify News reported.

Khan said the production scope "would be progressively broadened" to include the creation of a complete JF-17 avionics suite at the complex.

Neither Khan nor other Pakistani military officials elaborated on the plans.

Defense News reported, however, that "at least two of the domestically designed and produced systems include a head-up display and a weapons and mission management computer."

It said previous avionics projects had included a radar honing system for the 1960s F-104 combat aircraft; IRST pod and modifications to the GEC 956 head-up display and, most recently, the weapon aiming system for the F-7P jet in the 1990s.

Originally known as Super 7, the JF-17 Thunder was developed by the Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corp. under a joint venture between China and Pakistan, Sify News reported.

It said that the Pakistani air force was set to acquire 150 JF-17s but China's final order -- anticipated at 250 -- would hinge on the final evaluation of the fighter jet.

Military experts assess Pakistan's move into domestic avionics production as an economically viable decision after ill-fated attempts in the past.

By some accounts, the JF-17 is gaining popular demand. As many as 17 nations have placed orders while Pakistan is considering deploying the aircraft in strategic parts of the country. Exports have also surged for the K-8 fighter, which is jointly designed and produced with China.

"China brought in its production facilities while Pakistan brought in ideas, design from its invaluable experience using Western planes like Mirages and F-16s," Ruppe News reported. "It was a perfect symbiosis."

Pakistan launches homemade JF-17 jet - UPI.com

Pakistan promoting JF17 actively

Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Board (PACB) for the first time put on exhibition a JF17 model and promotion materials at the Dubai Air Show. PACB Chairman and Air Marshal Farhat Hussain Khan accepted Kanwa’s exclusive interview at the site.

(For full story, please refer to March 2010 issue of Kanwa Asian Defence.)

Mean-bird,

My bad then..i apologize..just that it came in the same post as reply to my comments.

dangerous word to be using on the net ;)

I am not defending the corrupt elite or the so-called 'ordinary innocent people' because ordinary they might be, but certainly not innocent.

I won't go into my rants in this thread (though I may share them in a more appropriate thread sometime). Let's leave this thread to JF-17 development.

I was talking abt avoinics package for JF-17 only not J-10A and all knows abt that PAF was looking for French avoinics and that deal later didnot go thru. My only concern was if the Avoinics on JF-17 "expected" to be better than J-10A because these were designed later then why they are still looking for new avoinics for JF-17.

Firstly we don't know exactly what they are looking for from France (or any other western country). Avionics comprises of a lot of sub-systems. For example, we went for Chinese avionics but also have some indigenous ones that we thought were better than Chinese ones while others either we did not have or were inferior- so we bought from Chinese.

Similarly, somethings might be good from Chinese ones while other things are much better bought from France. From my understanding, PAF is looking for their BVR missiles- the MICA- which is one of the best in the world and also secure a possibility of future Meteor purchases. If we can get MICA and the Spectra suite - or even parts of it- I would rather go for that while we keep manufacturing what we can and buy from china what they are good at.

Pakistan launches homemade JF-17 jet - UPI.com

What? :undecided:

poor journalism once again or something is behind the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom