What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Self-delete - Sorry, didn't notice the post above.

Last edited:
But it hasn't yet come into the production stage, and we may have to wait for another 1-2 years before we see it finally coming into production.

:pakistan::china:

Yups that would be the case, as for now it has to go through all its testing stages, which may take another 6-12 months and once certified, then the production infrastructure and finally making them out will take may be another or less, thus atleast 1-2 further years.

Hopefully by batch 2 of PAF JF-17s, they are ready for installation and for flight.

Taimur, I heard you have an example in your driveway. Is it true?

On 2010.3.18, FC-1 which use new type engine("TAI SHAN") did taxiing testing and succeed. new FC-1 will maiden flight recently.
this new engine is made by China, WS13, not RD-93. so if Russia don't sale RD-93 in future, FC-1/JF17 also can use WS13. and I think in future new FC-1 will use "TAI SHAN" instead of RD93. or maybe PLA FC-1 use WS13 and export FC-1 use RD93

¬¼Ì±ó¡ª¡ªÖк½¹¤Òµ_º½¿ÕÈËÎï_Öйúº½¿ÕÐÂÎÅÍø

Last edited:
Hi, it has been mentioned that the JF-17 will be re-engined with something more powerful. I personally hope it is the WS-13, as it is Chinese, and not prone to sanctions from Russia. The newer version is meant to have 22K lbs of thrust. Moreover, if Pakistan ever reaches the level of being able to build its own engines, the technology will be more readily available from China. Thanks!

Guizhou WS-13 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan is already prone to sanctions from russia.because we have already bought a 1000 engines through china..But yes PAF wants something powerful will more thrust but its not yet known wat engine it will go for,may be european or maybe chinese...also if PAF goes for european engine then it will be build with TOT in Pakistan.

SAB CHORO YAR..check out these...
smoky-rolls-large.jpg

thunder-storm-rising-large.jpg

so what u know.....these are mine...;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom