What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nabil.

Lets suppose we are able to Integrate ws-13 which would have almost 100KTN of Thurst and would result in greater performance and larger payload capacity.

If the Payload capacity is increased and what do you say about Redesigning the Rear part of the Landing gear to recover differently inside the airframe to accomodate one or two more Hardpoints as they did with Gripen NG.

Also if the Payload capacity is enhanced , should we Add MER's for BVRM's too ?
As you know MER's can carry upto 2 or 3 missiles each which means two PL-9c on the wingtips , and 2 on each hardpoint on the eiter sides which will bring the number of the missiles carried to 10 on 6 hardpoits & the Drop tank can be carried under the fuselage.

Configuration will change according to the mission requirements.

Something Like this:

They have been successfully tested on Thunders for Ground munitions.

20091201013422446.jpg

Not many are aware of the fact that jf-17 was tested with two configurations during CAD designing and fatigue testing. Nine hard points are a requirement of PAF and they also aided its testing similar to how the F-16 was tested in its later blocks. I also had a pic of thunder where two additional hard points were highlighted. I will post it here as soon as i find it but this will happen in near future. The dual configuration is already possible as I said and two MRAAMS can be integrated theoretically on thunder. Its just a matter of time now.

"The more we are testing it, the more capable it is proving to be ! " said former Air Chief Sir Tanveer Mehmood Ahmad.....

Last edited by a moderator:
sir JF 17 is although 4 gen but it can give hell of a fight if in jf 17 pilot is well trained and as world knows our pilots are one of the best it will make it one hell of a machine with a combination of great pilots

I found this really cool video about jf-17 thought to share with you guys. Unless somone already post this.

Last edited by a moderator:
i totally disagree we should acquire every thing with tot no matter what it cost.
the above suggestion is good for other technologies but in defense
we have to build our own infrastructure for research and development form a built to thermonuclear
and
one day we have to do it than why not to day
Sir
You can disagree all you like, but the reality is that we are in our infancy when it comes to aviation.Even China with a relatively mature industry is struggling with engines and till very recently avionics. Research on these topics is expensive and time consuming. Economy of scale dictates that a small country like Pakistan buys engines from a source and assembles avionics.We will progress in time, but too many complexities at this time will derail our project. To give you an example, Saab's Gripen's engine comes from US. Only recently have Volvo started manufacturing them. I think we need to be realistic.Pakistan has done wonders with its limited resources but it is based on realizing what our deficiencies and capabilities are and not having an ego in importing from other countries.
Regards
Araz

lets go for a mock war and test our birds against each others...i am fade up reading the comparison as whose bird is superior..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom