What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
img0166t.jpg

These are F-16's not Thunders.

Y not PAF (JF-17) organise 3 days execrise with Ukraine (Mig 29) and UAE (Mk2).

10 AC from each country..............

Pakistan :- JF-17
Ukarine: - Mig 29
UAE :- Mirage 2K

every country wants some good impressions of its capabilities in front of others

so keeping this in mind pakistan is waiting for time to mature its jf 17 thunder

Y not PAF (JF-17) organise 3 days execrise with Ukraine (Mig 29) and UAE (Mk2).

10 AC from each country..............

Pakistan :- JF-17
Ukarine: - Mig 29
UAE :- Mirage 2K

i think it should go head to head against j-11 first. and i think it will be a good evaluation tool
and i think its aleady done

but i don't have any proof
:china::pakistan::china::pakistan:

Black Blood

Sir,but if u note the smoky thing,jf-17 are the one with smoky engine problem .f-16 dont have such problem

Black Blood

Sir,but if u note the smoky thing,jf-17 are the one with smoky engine problem .f-16 dont have such problem

Yes i am aware that RD-93 leaves smoke trails but these do not seem to be smoke trails to me rather look like thurst in frosty conditions or in low temprature.

If you look at the leader air craft the under fusalage Intake is visible. (F-16's)

Thats an F 16..copy it and zoom and see...you can see the distinct oval shaped air intakes on the ventral side of the lead aircraft and the absence of the spine in the aircraft in the end.

early manufactured aircrafts were having this problem.....apparently, the newer Russian RD-93 turbofan engines are said to have corrected this problem, or at least significantly reduced the smoke.

in the medium-to-long run, i think PAF will almost certainly (and SHOULD) opt for a different supplier for the single engine; either of Chinese or European origin.

For now, if we were never having to send the engine outside of Pakistan once it has entered the country (from China or Russia), then, in my opinion, we will have achieved the ultimate goal from this engineering venture -- Alternatively, in long run we can replace RD-93 altogether with something else which we could possibly manufacture domestically through ToT.

PAF/PAC has always done a great job at squeazing the most life out of any jet engine in its service---RD-93 will be its biggest challenge in the next 5 years.

RD-93 is actually superior to all PAF service engines except the F100 series of the F-16 (however, it does have better response cycle to turbulence & dust), & is more fuel efficient, quieter, & reliable (as well having a longer lifespan) than the Atar 9C (Mirage III/5), WP-7 (F-7P) & WP-13 (F-7PG) in PAF service, all being turbojets & not comparable.

The RD-93 itself actually would save the PAF on fuel & logistics, being economical to acquire & operate. It also offers much more thrust & efficiency than even the F100.

it will be interesting to see the course of action PAF undertakes

:pakistan:

AZ what do you expect for a newer Engine ?

if we were to opt for European origin engine, I would say the EJ200 turbofan (from the Eurofighter Typhoon).

Surely, some structural modifications would have to be made to foster to the engines design. That itself would take some time to prepare for and accomplish. Unfortunately, engines are not an easy plug-and-play type thing.

---------------

otherwise, I'd say PAF will wait until WS-13 project sees major development and fruition. I don't know what the status is on them; some internet rumours say it is closer to completion than expected. Others say it is a long way. Program has seen some downfalls, ups and downs.

On paper, the projected specifications sound VERY impressive. If and when the project is completed (Inshallah) it will be the best option; perhaps China will even put in place the facility in Pakistan for local production, and also parts/spares and overhaul facility.

We just gotta be patient, wait and see what actions will be taken by PAF (and our Chinese allies and friends)

p.s. there's a lot of very informative discussion on this very topic. Use search function and check out some of the older threads on this subject

As per Chinese forums, the Preliminary Flight Rating Test milestone has been achieved.

As per Chinese forums, the Preliminary Flight Rating Test milestone has been achieved.

soooooo, what exactly does that entail?

apart from further testing, changes and fine-tuning -- what else is remaining?

soooooo, what exactly does that entail?

apart from further testing, changes and fine-tuning -- what else is remaining?

most probably another 2-3 years, it will be ready for full scale production.

most probably another 2-3 years, it will be ready for full scale production.

and thusly, another 4-5 (maybe more) years till ToT and domestic build & maintenance facility would be in place in Pakistan?

all speculation of course...

and thusly, another 4-5 (maybe more) years till ToT and domestic build & maintenance facility would be in place in Pakistan?

all speculation of course...

If China is manufacturing them, no need for TOT, we can have just overhauling facilities. Engine making is one hell of a job and without any research base, it will be useless for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom