What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys there is one more picture posted above but i enlarge it,so every thing is clearly visible.now see, Jf-17's wingtip rail is much similar to LAU-127.
red lines shows the two head for two diff missile launch and also note the aim120 Umbilical is in rounded shape as shown in first figure of my last post.
68822236.jpg

and thanks to every one for appreciating my work.

Last edited:
their is no denying jf 17 will going to be proved one of the most versatile fighter in the paf inventory :pakistan::china:

one question i have we haven't seen our JFs fire a guided missile or an A2A missile or even a bunker buster bomb!

in high mark i saw a video of dumb bombs being dropped from the JF and that is all we got to see of our JF! waiting for the day to see some real hardcore weapons as well as pods loaded on its wing tips and it firing away!!!

guys there is one more picture posted above but i enlarge it,so every thing is clearly visible.now see, Jf-17's wingtip rail is much similar to LAU-127.
red lines shows the two head for two diff missile launch and also note the aim120 Umbilical is in rounded shape as shown in first figure of my last post.
68822236.jpg

No need for a thanks, as good work does requires appreciation. :)

Anyway, what I believe PAF guys have done is that they have thought about future scenario and already input the firing mechanism for PAF inventory western missiles into the wingtip pylon rails and under wing A2A missile carrying pylons rails, so that in case in future western missiles are to be incorporated on JF-17, the rails are not needed to be modified or replaced with new ones.

Do remember, we had incorporated AIM-9 A2A missile on Chinese built F-7s, which must be having Chinese made missile launching pylons, so this stuff may not be new for PAF, but it sure tells their far thinking approach.

Plus, i was wondering, that if PAF can make a Chinese radar or avionics radar work with western communication equipment, like the western communication antennas we see on the spine and under the nose of JF-17, which is said to have data linking capability even with western AWAC platform, same antennas which we see on upgraded Mirages and even F-7PGs, then why can't PAF incorporate the western weapons like A2A missiles with Chinese radar, if we have everything regarding the radar with us, meaning full access to the source code of the software package being used.

Can it be a possibility ??

Technically, sensors and unguided weapons can be integrated as Thunder avionics architecture is based on Western MIL 1553B and 1760 data bus. The problem arises when integrate a guided weapon like AMRAAM as it needs source codes to work with different radars and architectures and The Yanks will never allow such a thing. Grifo-S is a very sophisticated radar but as far as I know, it is not compatible with SD-10s. Hence, was not chosen for Thunder first batch.

The SD-10 is twice as heavy (199 kg) as an AIM-9L (91 kg) and whereas F-16s wingtip rails can be mounted with AMRAAM (152 kg), the JF-17s wingtip rails will be able to do the same is remained to be seen till an actual photo is surfaced.

azeezam, the f-16 wingtip rails are capable of carrying a load of up to 190kg, while those on the JF-17 do to a 110kg. I'm sorry I can't reference this claim but I remember reading it.

What does it mean however? That the JF-17 can carry a smaller AAM on the wingtip, most probably IR-AAMs that weigh in about 90kg these days. Or Mica (105kg). That's probably the reason PAF was looking at the French.

No need for a thanks, as good work does requires appreciation. :)

Anyway, what I believe PAF guys have done is that they have thought about future scenario and already input the firing mechanism for PAF inventory western missiles into the wingtip pylon rails and under wing A2A missile carrying pylons rails, so that in case in future western missiles are to be incorporated on JF-17, the rails are not needed to be modified or replaced with new ones.

Do remember, we had incorporated AIM-9 A2A missile on Chinese built F-7s, which must be having Chinese made missile launching pylons, so this stuff may not be new for PAF, but it sure tells their far thinking approach.

Plus, i was wondering, that if PAF can make a Chinese radar or avionics radar work with western communication equipment, like the western communication antennas we see on the spine and under the nose of JF-17, which is said to have data linking capability even with western AWAC platform, same antennas which we see on upgraded Mirages and even F-7PGs, then why can't PAF incorporate the western weapons like A2A missiles with Chinese radar, if we have everything regarding the radar with us, meaning full access to the source code of the software package being used.

Can it be a possibility ??

yup ur right man.:agree:
see all the upgraded and aircraft having digital avionics in cockpit are fitted with same antennas like mirage3,mirage5pa/pa2,f7mp/pg and thunders,they surly have data link with erieye.
i tried to ask regarding this to a PAF retired pilot but he ignored.:undecided:

this is the last one guys and no more clarification.
last night i found a much closer snap of Tornado's missile rail and matched it with Thunders.once again SIMILAR.
im not confirmed that this rail is any one of US LAU-127/8/9 but im confirmed that this rail can load both type of missiles.
so here it is.
11230818.jpg

now see one big circle,space of both rails are quite similar but not exactly of same size or it could be light effect.now small circle,similar wires attached.
now see no.wise
1-SRAAM striking unit.
2-MRAAM connecting point.
3-similar gaps.
4-there isnt any 4th point but if u see the rare back side of tornado rail,u'll also find it similar to thunder's.

here's the actual image of tornado's rail.
zd811leftpylon.jpg

and here's tornado with MRAAM.

68822236.jpg

dud go and join CSI or somthing u r good at this stuff..

Thanks Danger-Zone for coming up with this line of investigation. How, looks like the combined AIM-9/AIM-120 launch rail is the LAU-129A/A. See below, retrieved from here: Air Power Analysis: AIM-120 AMRAAM

vzhl5k.jpg
ya ur right bro.
when i saw the similarities b/w jf17s and f16 rail i got excited and mentioned it LAU-127.well all three rails are capable of launching aim-120/aim9.but in pictures i matched the jf17 rail with f16's not f14/18.
besides the mechanism of all these rails would be similar cuz missile are same.

You could also check here for the same info: LAU/LAK to LUU - Equipment Listing

I cannot make out the part # for the launcher here, but the is some detailed photos: AFTI F-16 Walkaround Dayton Area Plastic Modelers they should help to progress the discussion.

ya i ve checked AFTI F16 website during my research and i posted a picture of old rail of F16 from this album.

besides the mechanism of all these rails would be similar cuz missile are same.

You are correct. Likely the end-effectors (the attachments to the missiles) will be the same for all the three launchers. The difference would be how the launchers are attached to the aircraft. So, yes, the images you posted would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom