What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
the lca in close range combat and maneuverability and the lca scores in bvr combat and strike thanks to its aesa, ew systems, and better avionics.

I think you ate mushrooms. You know, those you buy in Dutch stores to get in strange worlds...

Do I hear someone talk about a paper plane with even more imaginative avionics, aesa radar? And which BVR has been selected or tested?

ok than i believe u on the maneuverability part, that should be fixed in a few years. but overweight by 1.5 tons? wow that's a lot that means that the lca should be 4000 kg? that's less than a trainer aircraft (the hawk weighs only 4400 kg). i think they will reduce the weight by 300 kg max since this is the 2nd a/c they have built they dont know weather they should make some parts thinner or thicker and they just kept them thicker to be safe.

but everything else i said is a fact although the aesa hasn't been integrated but the fact that it has been ordered means it will be and when the 1st squadron is raised in 2010-2011 all of the lca's will have aesa, and the aesa alone is a potent ew system, that combined with jammers, composites, and a small size should give it less rcs than jf-17, and also another ew will help its survivability. not to mention better avionics.

so basically the jf-17 scores over the lca in close range combat and maneuverability and the lca scores in bvr combat and strike thanks to its aesa, ew systems, and better avionics.

As I said before, this is a JF-17 only thread. I do not want to convert this into a JF-17 vs LCA. That has been done a lot of time before. Therefore, I won't go into details here. You obviously did not read that thread I told you...it contains everything and in good details( all about composites, size, RCS, weight, etc).

Please read it in full.

1.5 tons means it is 5500 +1500 = 7000kg in weight. 5500kg was the desired weight but they haven't been able to achieve it. It means LCA will carry 1000-1500kg less weapons that what is stated on ADA/HAL websites. (I hear they have reduced the overweight to 1000kg but that makes it still heavier than JF-17). And this will stay like that in the first batch...no improvement.

Also first batch will not have AESA (there is no proof of that. Its being considered for the second batch) and LCA does not have better avionics than JF-17. Secondly, the word "AESA" doesn't automatically make a radar better unless you can tell us the T/R module and other specifications.

Neither LCA nor JF-17 currently has an EW suite in operation (its under development for both) and there is no reason or indication that one is better than the other. Let the EW suite information become public and we will decide on it then. JF-17 also has greater combat radius than LCA.

Again, read that thread so you don't repeat what has been proven before.

Deleted - info inaccurate.

Last edited:
^^ Its not an "update" and neither was it missed. We know about it since Nov. 2008. That document is from IDEAS 2008 held at karachi.

It also mentions that the french RC-400 radar and MICA BVRAAMs are on offer and also AESA radar (without naming it) is on offer for JF-17. Pretty old news.

Btw, it was stated during the March Contract signing ceremony that PAF has only 8 such aircraft and the contract was signed for the next 42, so this highlighted news seems wrong.

^^ Its not an "update" and neither was it missed. We know about it since Nov. 2008. That document is from IDEAS 2008 held at karachi.

It also mentions that the french RC-400 radar and MICA BVRAAMs are on offer and also AESA radar (without naming it) is on offer for JF-17. Pretty old news.

Btw, it was stated during the March Contract signing ceremony that PAF has only 8 such aircraft and the contract was signed for the next 42, so this highlighted news seems wrong.

Thanks mean_bird for the info. I have removed the post.

this is not confirmed, but looks like 2 more thunders have been delivered via airfreight - saw a Antonov - 124 Ruslan land at Jinnah airport last nite!

dont know sir, But it seems like we got deleiveries of 8 more and thats according to wikipedia. I hope these numbers are correct. Altough im looking for some reliable source to confirm this. I visited wiki 3 days back and it said 8 in service and today it says 16. God knows whats the reality.

JF-17will be displayed in Paris Airshow 2009

33ef9bb7dcebba6d88f81e71d1228482.jpg

4f1ed5fb92561b7498c8789eb23c9be3.jpg

Attachments

• 33ef9bb7dcebba6d88f81e71d1228482.jpg
    33ef9bb7dcebba6d88f81e71d1228482.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 13
I am looking forward to see the pretty good maneuvres of the LCA. Show me the pudding Gucci...

This is a jf-17 thread your lca is the indian section thx!!

old pic I found on skyscrapercity.com

Dunno if it has been posted before, JF-17 being transported to IDEAS 2008.

old pic I found on skyscrapercity.com

Dunno if it has been posted before, JF-17 being transported to IDEAS 2008.

wow hoho :victory: great job pal.ur a good person for news,tell me plz about jf-17,is it going to paris airshow or not.
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom