What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assalam-o-Alaikum,
Any info??? when PAF is going to induct the first fleet of JF 17........
Regards

MuradK sir, do you recognise the tall fellow looking at the model?

hj786, MuradK may not recognize him due to bad eyes, but I sure do. Air Chief Marshal Parvez Mehdi Qureshi, Chief of Air Staff of the Pakistan Air Force (1997-2000). His picture is on the first page of "The History of the Pakistan Air Force - 1988-1998". He was a front figure in the early days of the JF-17 program. He was one of the fiercest looking CAS's we've had (much more than our current). Just looking at him, you would not want to go to war with this guy.

Interestingly, I Googled his name and found this on Wikipedia:
Known to have an imposing personality, Qureshi warned the then Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif during the Kargil War that any intervention by the Air Force into disputed land of Indian Kashmir would be perceived as an all-out war. According to Air Cdre Kaiser Tufail, "Qureshi’s rather straight-faced and forthright dealings with a somewhat junior General Pervez Musharraf particularly during Kargil conflict was a good reason to believe that the latter decided to appoint a not-very-senior Air Chief whom he could order around like one of his Corps Commanders." (Musharraf after assuming control as the Chief Executive superseded five senior Air Marshals and appointed a sixth-in-line to the post of CAS once Qureshi was due for retirement).
ACM M.A. Mir replaced him as CAS in 2000.

CAS ACM Parvez Mehdi Qureshi

Supposed picture of then Fl. Lt. Parvez Mahdi Qureshi as a POW in 1971

when PAF is going to induct the first fleet of JF 17
Sir, we were supposed to have out first JF-17 Squadron operational by now in Peshawar. So far, we have 8-12 confirmed, but up to 16 by some accounts. We'll find out in a few months time, but I think we're slightly behind schedule right now.

Last edited:
That tall fellow with twisted eyes:lol: is one of my best friends. PQ M. The bold guy is now retired his name is Gul , he was ACAS ENGG

dcb233b02526f3c57434e3bc44a62bc1.jpg

8481fd96d9da10ec237d7db96654936e.jpg

Interesting pictures (CG). Check out the weapon load in place of the center tanks. Its carrying the chinese anti-ship/anti-radiation missile

Info published early last year:
Chinese Dimensions of the 2007 Dubai Airshow
by Richard Fisher, Jr.
Published on January 20th, 2008

Twin Seat JF-17 Back On

A Pakistani official stated that the Pakistan side has elected to proceed with the development of a twin-seat version of the Chengdu FC-1 or JF-17 in Pakistan service. A CATIC official refused to comment on this development. The Pakistan Air Force’s requirement for a twin seat version of this fighter was first noted to the author by Pakistan Air Force officials in 2004. However, subsequent reports have noted that China was not interested in such a twin-seat version of the FC-1. The Pakistani official at the Dubai show stated, however, that Pakistan has elected to pay for the development of the twin seat version, and that is now proceeding. This official explained that as Pakistan is sharing in the full spectrum of production, usage and sales of the JF-17, that it therefore requires the twin seat version to fully exploit this aircraft. The twin seat version will be used to support training missions and will also be developed into a dedicated attack model. This same official noted that Pakistan will only purchase the Chengdu J-10 fighter, which is therefore of less industrial interest to Pakistan. Other sources have noted that Pakistan intends to purchase an initial force of 40 J-10 fighters.

China will also soon be able to arm the FC-1/JF-17 with 5th generation air-to-air missiles, such as the PL-10 derived from the South African Denel A-DARTER, and another radar-guided missile derived from the Denel R-DARTER. These weapons will greatly increase the combat potential of this low-cost but modern platform. At the same time, it is a major boost for Pakistan’s and China’s effort to promote the FC-1/JF-17 as the pre-eminent low-cost 4th generation multirole fighter. Until South Korea can market a single-seat combat version of its T/A-50 trainer, the FC-1/JF-17 will face no competition in its price range.

82de6bfd79fb0bfbe61760fe42a73316.jpg

386907f3ab27480ffcd3acdb9e990e1c.jpg

New AAMs: Revealed by Chinese Internet sources last December and then very early January 2008, the PL-10 (PL-ASR) and a yet to be identified AAM, appear to be derived from A-DARTER and R-DARTER, both developed by the Denel Corporation of South Africa. Source: Chinese Internet
Link: International Assessment and Strategy Center > Research > Chinese Dimensions of the 2007 Dubai Airshow

Another earlier report by the same author:
Report On the International Defense Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS)
September 14-17, 2004, Karachi, Pakistan
by Richard Fisher, Jr.
Published on October 29th, 2004

Since early in this program it was assumed that Pakistan and China would pursue different radar options, with the Italian Griffo being tipped as Pakistan’s likely choice, following on its selection for its Chengdu J-7PG fighters. However, Pakistani officials now disclose that a Chinese radar and avionics package will equip the first 50 JF-17s. China has taken a multi-mode radar developed for the Chengdu J-10 fighter and developed a smaller version, which a Pakistani official says, "have met our requirements—we have not lowered out requirements." These officials note that JF-17 fire control system will only need to support two simultaneous beyond-visual-range (BVR) target engagements. China success in selling its radar/avionics system to Pakistan is a sure indication of China’s rapid advance in mastering advanced fighter radar technologies. It also bodes well for the FC-1’s entry into the Chinese Air Force, which is expected by Pakistani officials.

Air Chief Marshal Kaleem also noted that Pakistan and China will build a two-seat FJ-17/FC-1 version for training, about the same time serial production begins. It will feature a lengthened fuselage and will be fully combat-capable. Despite China’s ability to offer up to up four other advanced training aircraft that are either in production, or in advanced development (JL-9, JL-15, J-10B, JJ-7), Pakistan prefers to build a two-seat version of the JF-17 for efficiency and commonality sake. It is also noted that during many missions a two-man crew is more successful than a single man crew.
Air Weapons The PAF is also looking for an advanced weapons package to accompany its new advanced fighters. It expects that AMRAAM and JDAM will part of a future F-16 sale, and also expects that either European or Chinese advanced weapons will accompany a potential JAS-39 or J-10 purchase. But in the meantime Pakistan is also trying to develop its own advanced aircraft weapons. Some reports mention a project called "H-4," which appears to be a long-range precision guided bomb. Some sources speculate that South Africa’s 300km range MUPSOW or Torgos turbojet powered cruise missile may be the template for the H-4, while another source speculates it has a range of 120km. The smaller South African Raptor may be the basis for the "H-2" guided bomb has a range of 60km. Pakistani officials say this weapon is in service. Regarding air-to-air weapons, Pakistani officials noted their current commitment to active-guided BVR missiles. They noted a previous attempt to develop a semi-active guided AAM, but had discarded this program. Other recent reports note after long doubts that this program had succeeded, that China did develop a semi-active guided missile during the 1990s called the PL-11 that was based on captured U.S. and purchased Italian AAMs.
Link: International Assessment and Strategy Center > Research > Report On the International Defense Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS)

About the H-4 possibly being a turbojet powered glide-bomb/cruise missile. I read a post on PDF.com some time ago (posted in 2005 during the time when many posters were saying H-4 was a BVRAAM - this was actually the Indian newspapers speculating, the Pakistani newspapers said it was a "BVR bomb"), one of the posters there who claims to have a source inside PAF stated that the H-4 is not rocket powered, but actually a turbo-jet powered glide bomb. He said something like AWC modified the Raptor-II rocket-powered glide bomb with a turbojet.

Last edited:
wow.... i realy belived that there would be a pt6 and there it is.some people were discussing on the early picture,dat it was fake.but see now....:victory:
and another good news china hav multi paylons,now jf-17 can use them,i think.:flame:
and another PAKISTAN WON THE WORD CUP T20.
three great news at a same time:yahoo:
long live pakistan:pakistan:

congratulations every one for pakistan victory.:bunny:

hj786, MuradK may not recognize him due to bad eyes, but I sure do. Air Chief Marshal Parvez Mehdi Qureshi, Chief of Air Staff of the Pakistan Air Force (1997-2000). His picture is on the first page of "The History of the Pakistan Air Force - 1988-1998". He was a front figure in the early days of the JF-17 program. He was one of the fiercest looking CAS's we've had (much more than our current). Just looking at him, you would not want to go to war with this guy.

Interestingly, I Googled his name and found this on Wikipedia:

ACM M.A. Mir replaced him as CAS in 2000.

CAS ACM Parvez Mehdi Qureshi

Supposed picture of then Fl. Lt. Parvez Mahdi Qureshi as a POW in 1971

Sir, we were supposed to have out first JF-17 Squadron operational by now in Peshawar. So far, we have 8-12 confirmed, but up to 16 by some accounts. We'll find out in a few months time, but I think we're slightly behind schedule right now.

Hi my eye sight is not that bad we have flown 4 mission during the war.
JF-17 SQD is fully operational.

When JF-17 was started, the agreement was that China will buy 250, whereas Pakistan will buy 150. It looks like Pakistan will now place an order of 250 JF-17s due to the improvements that CAC made to the plane.

Hello:
I guess If the PLAAF is not going to induct JF-17 this is a good in a sense coz Pakistan would be producing the most of it and this is good for its aviation industry.
i have heard rumers about a joing built Pak-saudi-turkish 5th gen aircraft as well no one knows how true is that.
JF-17 would be exported to 3rd world countries and with its new engine and airframe changes i guess it will enjoy a good sale number.

if anyone can share information regarded JXX programe and update on it?

i have heard rumers about a joing built Pak-saudi-turkish 5th gen aircraft as well no one knows how true is that.
JF-17 would be exported to 3rd world countries and with its new engine and airframe changes i guess it will enjoy a good sale number.

if anyone can share information regarded JXX programe and update on it?
Turkey is a member of F35 and has ordered more than 100 of them, also they are thinking about EF, so it is doubtful that they will go for another 5. fighter development.

IF THERE IS NO PETROL WHERE THIS PLANES GOING TO TAKE-OFF...MAY BE SCIENTIST IN INDIA AND PAKISTAN AND CHINA SHUD START DEVELOPING SOLAR POWERED FIGHTER PLANES :)

Did we ever establish what size bombs are in the photo? 1,000lb?

JF17_1190.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom