What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARE WE RECEIVING "BLOCK 1" OF "FC-1" WITHIN THIS YEAR OR WITHIN THE PERIOD OF TWO-THREE YEARS TO COME?

ARE WE RECEIVING "BLOCK 1" OF "FC-1" WITHIN THIS YEAR OR WITHIN THE PERIOD OF TWO-THREE YEARS TO COME?

first 50 JFs are from Block 1 next 100 will be block two and subsequent Block 3 with 42 planned i think we will have them done by 2010 or 2011 (personal view)

Firstly I love the JF-17/FC-1. It is optimized for low altitude fighting – I believe traditionally most engagements have been at the lower altitudes where it is difficult to be seen (visual and radar) but also better to see the enemy (radar looking up).

However, I have noticed the buzz words for the F-22 and EF-2000 are “high altitude performance”. I know there are different class of aircraft and I look at the as pacesetters. While flying low (and staying low) is good for staying undetected. I therefore believe air warfare is going high altitudes! … … Any thoughts?

I am not trying to compare the F-22 and EF-2000 to the JF-17. Just questioning/discussing if air battles are set to move to higher altitudes?

ALL THESE 192 AIRCRAFT
WITHIN TWO-THREE
YEARS....!
DO YOU MEAN THAT?​

Not a chance!!! This is unrealistic thinking!!! We will be lucky to have the Bl;ock 2s start production by 2015.Persoanlly I think we will only have 50-75 aircrafts by 2015
Araz

Not a chance!!! This is unrealistic thinking!!! We will be lucky to have the Bl;ock 2s start production by 2015.Persoanlly I think we will only have 50-75 aircrafts by 2015
Araz

YEAH I AGREE CURRENT ECONOMIC SITUATION WON'T ALLOW US TO GO AHEAD FROM THAT RATE OF PRODUCTION​

I Think one needs to think beyond ordinary numbers...

Let us think that we have a production facility that can handle annually 25 planes... Let say China can deliver also 25 a year... So we can absorb max around 50 a year... Just Imagine... Replacing 2 squadrons a year... That is fast. Certainly if you count in the next:

We will have first new f16 squadron starting from june 2010 till january 2011... That will cost lots of cash, manpower etc. We will have 2 new squadrons FC20P in 2014-15... That is a whole lot of transition in the next 5 years. We need combat ready planes and pilots so it will be a tough road but one that moves from WVR to BVR and iron bombs to smart bombs... Short range to deep strike and GCI to AWACS and links.

I was thinking about the Antonovs in Karachi... Why not a second squadron for PAF in the south by fully produced planes in China? They have been sleeping between 2007 and 2008 thanks to our lazy government (no cash to buy) but knowing Chinese they keep producing... It happened with F7.

I Think one needs to think beyond ordinary numbers...

Let us think that we have a production facility that can handle annually 25 planes... Let say China can deliver also 25 a year... So we can absorb max around 50 a year... Just Imagine... Replacing 2 squadrons a year... That is fast. Certainly if you count in the next:

We will have first new f16 squadron starting from june 2010 till january 2011... That will cost lots of cash, manpower etc. We will have 2 new squadrons FC20P in 2014-15... That is a whole lot of transition in the next 5 years. We need combat ready planes and pilots so it will be a tough road but one that moves from WVR to BVR and iron bombs to smart bombs... Short range to deep strike and GCI to AWACS and links.

This would be a dream for PAF, but I think this cant be so easy but ofcourse its not imposible.
Coz
1) JF -17 Black A (First 50) Would be using RD93 engine anc chinees radars like KLJ-7 radar and avoinics. But in Block B (next 50 or 100) and Block C (100 or 150) would be using western Engine, Radars , Avonics. So it would be hard to get production support for Block B anc C.

2) CAIC might be already having too load coz they are working on J-10B, J-11B, J11C, J14. So annual 25 aircrafts may be not easy.

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

Beyond the initial 50 PAF JF-17, the remaining production aircraft may also be equipped with European avionics, radars and weaponry. Pakistan had begun negotiations with British and Italian defence firms over potential avionics and radars for JF-17 during initial development. Some of the radar options for JF-17 are the Italian Galileo Avionica Grifo S7 [32] and the French Thomson-CSF RC400 (a variant of the RDY-2), along with the MBDA MICA IR/RF short/medium range air-to-air missiles.[31] The Vixen 500E AESA radar has also been offered to the PAF for installation on the JF-17 by the British company SELEX, but the PAF may be looking for a more advanced AESA radar.[5]

Referenced by weki

Helmet-mounted display (HMD) will also be installed on the JF-17.

18023db058c777c1869bf4b162331a8a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom