What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 4019

these are the freighters that are ferrying JF-17 fuselage and engines from china to pakistan. seen at karachi jinnah airport on 17 july-09. un-loading takes place at nite-time.

Could be something else... Could be test fc20 for PN.. Could coastal defence... Could be our first long range sam... :) But I can certainly say... No JF17...

well can anyone tell us what would be the unit price for rafale,s M88-Eco engine with thurst more then 90 KN for the desired block II, provided that we are able to get it in the first place. As rafale is an expensive AC somewhere between $80 to $90 millon a piece, wouldnt it make the jf-17 an expensive machine were it is supposed to be low-cost and effective in the first place. What more options do we have for a euro-based engine???

Could be something else... Could be test fc20 for PN.. Could coastal defence... Could be our first long range sam... :) But I can certainly say... No JF17...

right!!! u certaily seem to know how the PAF operates!:crazy:

and how can you be so sure about that? ? ?

i mean why not the JF??

Regards!

right!!! u certaily seem to know how the PAF operates!:crazy:

Well since you are the military expert we should bow to you... So enlighten us... :wave:

You did count the word "could" in my post?
And why should one transport JF17 parts to Karachi is if the first squadron in raised in north, the testingflying is mostly in the north and the production/assembly is in the north? I doubt the pilot needed crosscountry test..

Last edited:
Well since you are the military expert we should bow to you... So enlighten us... :wave:

You did count the word "could" in my post?
And why should one transport JF17 parts to Karachi is if the first squadron in raised in north, the testingflying is mostly in the north and the production/assembly is in the north? I doubt the pilot needed crosscountry test..

taht sounds pretty perfect! i mean it is a valid point that what are the components of JF17 doing in karachi when they are to be assemble in north and also that the the first squadron in due to be stationed in peshwar!
but there has been nothing in air about any other thing comming to us from the chines! i guess a person like Sir Fatman would not have confused the components of the frigates to be of a plane cause as far as i knew the other deal that can end up in some sophisticated components comming via air is of the F22 frigates!!
anyway let us not spectualte ( i guess i have dione a lot of it though ;) ) and hope that it is something very worthy comming our way!

regards!

I came across an news item regarding APS Novastar equipments to be used by KARF for "building mission critical avionics for pakistani fighter jets". It will also go on to answer some of "what will be build in pakistan?" questions. Its good to see Kamra complex modernizing itself to be able to build more and more components--- technology and know-how that it previously lacked.

Here's the News item

APS Novastar on a circuit in pakistan

HUNTINGDON Valley- A local company is helping the government of pakistan battle against the talibans -- atleast its equipment is.

APS Novastar LLC recently finished training personnel from the Kamra Avionics and Radar Factory on how to use one of its systems for assembling printed circuit boards.

KARF, which is part of the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, will use the equipment to make circuit boards that go into avionics systems for Pakistani fighter jets. KARF is a typical APS Novastar customer: It doesn’t want to turn out a large number of circuit boards at a high speed; instead, it just wants to be sure that the ones it does turn out work.

APS Novastar customers typically assemble from 50 to 500 copies of a particular circuit board, which is considered a short production run.

Some are research labs or companies making prototypes. Others, like KARF, are assembling circuit boards for mission-critical applications. “They will not compromise on the components,” said Tim Kardish, who has been the company’s CEO for about a year.

APS Novastar’s U.S. customers include most, but not all, of the Fortune 1000 defense contractors, as well as the Los Alamos and Sandia national laboratories, Kardish said. They provide about 60 percent of its revenue, which Kardish wouldn’t reveal, with foreign customers providing the rest.

The company’s specialty is a three-piece system for assembling circuit boards that use surface mount technology, in which components are mounted completely on top of a board. In through-hole technology, components go completely through the board.

APS Novastar’s surface-mount system consists of a stencil printer, which puts solder on circuit boards; a pick and place machine, which puts components on circuit boards; and a reflow oven, which melts solder so it can cool and solidify, bonding the components to the boards.

“We are the last domestic manufacturer of the entire [system],” Kardish said. Kardish doesn’t consider APS Novastar to be an innovator. Instead, he calls it a fast follower that can take existing technology and make it cheaper.

The prime example is the company’s robotic pick and place machine, which assembles circuit boards automatically, rather than requiring them to be fed and placed by hand. APS Novastar introduced it in 2002 for $45,000 to $50,000, less than half the price of the $100,000 machines then on the market. It has helped APS Novastar more than double its revenue since 2002.

“At least 75 percent of the time when they buy that, they buy the two other machines, too,” said John Malboeuf, APS Novastar’s vice president for worldwide sales.

APS Novastar’s next big hope is a selective soldering machine, which can make very precise placements of solder on a circuit board without damaging other components already on the board.

The company doesn’t produce its own selective soldering machine. The one it plans to launch around the end of the third quarter should sell for less than $30,000, which Kardish said is 30 percent to 50 percent less than selective soldering machines now on the market.

“The application itself isn’t killer, but the price point for the application could be killer,” he said.

APS Novastar was founded in 1982 by Adam Shiloh and his sons, Av and P.J., who were identical twins with engineering degrees from Temple University.

Source:http://www.apsgold.com/userfiles/file/pdf/APS_Novastar_on_a_circuit_in_Pakistan.pdf

I am not sure if this picture is posted here or not so…..

From this model JF-17 looks to be carrying
  • Two WVRAAM ( Magic-2 or its copy U-Darter)
  • Two BVRAAM (is it Mica BVRAAM but Mica don’t have a clean nose like one on the model or R-77 BVRAAM or some ramjet BVR like ? To me R-77 looks to be the closest of all in its aerodynamics, what do you think?)
  • Two external fuel tanks
  • One or two LGB under belly or air intake

Usual configuration shown at different shows is 2 WVRAAM+2 BVRAAM+2 LGB +1 EFT

Attachments

• fc1_model.jpg
    fc1_model.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 85
this has been posted before on this forum if i remember corectly.
Araz

I am not sure if this picture is posted here or not so…..

From this model JF-17 looks to be carrying
  • Two WVRAAM (its copy U-Darter)
  • Two BVRAAM (is it Mica BVRAAM but Mica don’t have a clean nose like one on the model or R-77 BVRAAM or some ramjet BVR like ? To me R-77 looks to be the closest of all in its aerodynamics, what do you think?)
  • Two external fuel tanks
  • One or two LGB under belly or air intake

Posted before, page 58 of this thread. Definitely an LGB underneath. Looks like you're right about the U-darter on the wing-tip:

6a45ff08fe0d3a00ccccffb1fd0fbcda.jpg

Big guy is CAS ACM Parvez Mehdi Qureshi.

Last edited:
this has been posted before on this forum if i remember corectly.
Araz

you are right abut it sir!
actually it was posted some one or two months back and was discussed then!
anyway it is nice to have a review!

regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom