What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean F22 and MKI?

The F22 is a dead meat at low level cause it needs the sats, kinetic energy and disance (stealth) to make a win... But to be honest the F22 is a dead concept cause there are several methods to get it killed. The Chinese know that end have developed more then a few to counter it. If you want to know... If F22 flies anywhere over UK they know exactly where it is. Only by monitoring background noise... (radar).

I think with low and fast you are safe in northern area where there are enough oppertunities to hide. And with some important citied up there the main battle will either begin or end there... Staying low is having ground clutter, hills, low altitude sams at your disposal... No enemy will risk its MKI to make you land...
No...You are not being 'honest'. You are making stuff up. I have more than adequately debunked that nonsense.

From this model JF-17 looks to be carrying :

2* WVRAAM

4* BVRAAM

Two external fuel tanks

One or two LGB under belly or air intake

where do you extracted that from,, :what:
i mean the picture is of a Mig21 and there is no way or logic in comparing it with JF17!
also there is no news of JF17 carrying pylons to carry two missiles on a hard point, not even in the next block. we have discueed the idea for increasing payload but there was no official news about it!

can you knidly explain you post so that all of us can take some information from it!

regards!

Arsalan, well JF-17 can carry two missiles or bombs on a single pylon, if the technology is available. JF-17 carrying two bombs on a single pylon is possible and pic is below.
As for AAM on single pylons, well chinese didn't had the technology before, but a pic of a chinese aircraft having 3 AAM on a single pylon has surfaced meaning the technology is available for us to integrate with JF-17, but we want to do it or not or is it operationally possible with JF-17 for the time being is a question which time will tell. As such arrangements will alter the weight of the aircraft for which it might not be designed so far.

If it can carry to bombs on a single pylon then why not missiles ????

nice pics taimikhan,,if such pylons are used on jf17 which can carry multiple AAMs,its certenly going to solve the problem for wepon configurations,, further more the need for increasing hardpoints will also be negotiated to a large extent.
regards

Thanks, basically three major type of weapons release stations are used, wet hardpoints, ejector racks & rail launchers.

But extra hard point or multiple ejector racks or multiple rail launchers on the aircraft are subject to various considerations of clearance, weight, drag, radar signature, and technological limitations (like the FCS of the air craft supports such structure or not).

So for JF-17, these limitations are to considered and then decision for adding extra hard point or using multiple racks system would be taken.

nice pics taimikhan,,if such pylons are used on jf17 which can carry multiple AAMs,its certenly going to solve the problem for wepon configurations,, further more the need for increasing hardpoints will also be negotiated to a large extent.
regards

What problem? If the JF needed more hardpoints they would have added more hardpoints already. Seven hardpoints are enough, if they need more they will add more or use multiple launch rails like they are using for bombs. Even the Saab Gripen only had 7 hardpoints originally:

3cfd5bbd21c56af97b444351487e5378.jpg

Last edited:
JF-17 fully loaded, & 2nd pic of JF-17 fully dumping its load :)

nice work again taimikhan,the gripen NG looks great.

Last edited:
What problem? If the JF needed more hardpoints they would have added more hardpoints already.
by problems i ment that 7 hard points were not enough for an AC like jf17 which have huge potentials to evolve, and thats way PAF was considering to increase the hard points from 7 to 9 possibly in the next block.

Even the Saab Gripen only had 7 hardpoints originally:
yes u r right bro, but how much is it having now????

Last edited by a moderator:
:what: :what:
sorry to say this friend but that sounds stupid! i am not trying to offend you but this is how i find it to be!
in five years we are going to have almost 150 planes flying in PAF colors! we are going to produce them at a apace of 25 per year here in Pakistan and have the option to get them from china aswell as they are not currently going for export market. this means 50+ planes per year!
the first block will be completed by the last quater of 2010, we will be having some 20 planes by the end of this year and the rest will be made next years in Pakistan with a few bieng manufacture in china as well!
i hope this make the situation clear!
this is about the block 1. after the block one there may be a small break in production as the block 2 specs may not be finalized by end of 2010 and may take some time but once we are done with it, it will take three to four years to make the next two block ie 100 planes! all this sums up to 150 planes in four to five years!

dude the project is going at a fair pace and is surely to increse it in nect two years time!

regards!
SO SIR I CAN CONCLUDE NOW THAT BY 2015 WE WILL BE HAVING ALL 150 PLANES IN OUR FLEET
THAT'S SOUNDS GOOD
LONGLIVE PAF

What problem? If the JF needed more hardpoints they would have added more hardpoints already.
by problems i ment that 7 hard points were not enough for an AC like jf17 which have huge potentials to evolve, and thats way PAF was considering to increase the hard points from 7 to 9 possibly in the next block.

Adeos, thats how fighter aircrafts evolve, the PAF CAS has already said the JF-17 hard points would be raised to 9 from current 7, plus many other new technologies would be added also. For the time being we needed something decent to fill the gaps, JF-17 design has a huge potential as this aircraft is an outcome of mating F-16 & F/A-18, plus its size is small for now, future variants would be likely more bigger, better & deadlier. Plus, JF-17 has extra space for a more powerful engine to be installed in future, this has been taken for its future evolution, a lot of composite materials are still left to be used in its manufacturing, so when these things happens, more hard points can be put into at as the limitation mentioned in my earlier post won't be mattering much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom