What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here the SSG gun...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mashallah. One more Good news for Pakistan After Pakistan's Success in T20 World Cup.

Nice Going PAF.

I really Loved SSG weapons.

Anyway... I saw atleast 3 JF17 being assembled. First will be inducted in oktober... 6 in 2009 so...2 every month which makes 24 a year.

sir can i consider it as an answer to a question i have asked many times!! is it so that these three planes you talked about are being assembled parallel ie we are operatind the production lines for the JF17!! i will be gratefull if you can clear it! i have asked many time about the production lines for the JF17!!

regards!

so soon we will be seeing a plne assembled in Pakistan! that is great! i hope the time is not far away when we will start producing it locally 100%! at the time we are assembling its parts with some of them comming from china and others produced locallay!

regards!

I think with cashing that much (so it is 100+ planes and probably that would be the production facility for Africa) Pakistan and China can go on develope block2. I think this plane has potential beyond our expectations.

I think Pakistan should focus on block2 design and China should focus on Engine, Radar and wepons.

What is the capacity like? I heard that initially we will make 4-6 and then later on that capcity will increase to 8-10 AC each yr.

Around 6 this year and the capacity will reach 25/yr when production peaks (probably by 2011).

I came across the JDW magazine in the library and was excited to see this interview - http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...hmed-chief-pakistan-air-force.html#post238089 . I was going to scan and post the page - but I decided to search first and the interview has already been posted;

I found these words very telling on the surrent status of the JF-17:

So, when the JF-17 becomes operational later this year - there will be no SD-10 or any other SMART munitions. That will come eventually but not immideately. I don't believe that is anything to do with limitations on current avionics - it is just the pace of innovation. ... ... I believe even the EF-2000 was initially inducted with very limited capabilities.

"
The first operational squadron of JF-17s is based at Peshawar and is set to fully enter service by the end of the year. The Peshawar-based JF-17s initially are to be tasked with the air-to-air role, with air-to-ground capabilities being retrofitted at a later date."

First Pakistani-Built JF-17 To Fly by Year's End - Defense News

Around 6 this year and the capacity will reach 25/yr when production peaks (probably by 2011).

"
The first operational squadron of JF-17s is based at Peshawar and is set to fully enter service by the end of the year. The Peshawar-based JF-17s initially are to be tasked with the air-to-air role, with air-to-ground capabilities being retrofitted at a later date."

First Pakistani-Built JF-17 To Fly by Year's End - Defense News

Thanks Mean_bird. Interestingly the load-out images of flying JF-17s we have seen have been with A2G weapons.

its the other way around - first A2G and then A2A ! - remember the first JF-17 sqdn will replace a A-5 sqdn which has a A2G role!

Pakistan starts assembling of JF-17 thunders jets

KAMRA: Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has started final assembling of the first Pakistani-built JF-17 Thunder combat aircraft and six aircrafts would be completed by end of this year.

Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman inaugurated the final assembly work in a ceremony at Kamra. Top military and civilian officials of Pakistan and China attended, senior officers of Chinese company CATIC attended the ceremony.

Addressing the ceremony, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman said today Pakistan has joined the club of those 8 countries who are indigenously producing jet fighters.

PAF is a singular force in the world that is preparing JF-17 thunder combat aircraft itself, he said, adding that, the assembling of JF-17 thunder combat aircraft would be completed by end of December and the whole nation would celebrate the day as national event.

He praised the Chinese cooperation and said that the joint Sino-Pak project is a living example of the cooperation between the two countries. Keeping in view the regional and international scale, the production of JF-17 will enhance Pakistan’s air power, he said.

The Joint Fighter-17 (JF-17) Thunder, also known as the Fighter China-1 (FC-1) Fierce Dragon in China, is a single-seat multi-role fighter aircraft.

The maiden test flight of the first prototype took place during 2003 in China, later test flights of a more advanced version taking place in 2006.

The first two pre-production aircraft were delivered to the Pakistan Air Force on 12 March 2007 for further flight testing and evaluation, also taking part in the aircraft’s first aerial display 11 days later in Islamabad, Pakistan.

"The project was near to end in 1999 due to sanction imposed on Pakistan after the nuclear tests but in 2001 it was reviewed. The agreement in this respect could not be signed in 2007-08 due to unavailability of funds but Government of China arranged loans on soft installment and the role of CATIC Company in this respect is laudable", Qamar said.

The project is supported by China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation for the Chinese side. Each individual aircraft is expected to have a fly-away cost of around US$8-15 million.

On 22 January 2008, Pakistan started limited serial production of the aircraft at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra but on Tuesday full-fledged production of JF-17 has been started in PAC after completing testing and avionics evaluation.

The JF-17 will replace Pakistan’s MiG-21-derived Chengdu F-7, Nanchang A-5 and Dassault Mirage III/Mirage V aircraft currently in service.

JF-17 can be armed with up to 3,629 kg (8,000 lb) of air-to-air and air-to-ground ordnance, as well as other equipment.

Pakistan, Rao Qamar said, we have eight JF-17 thunders and soon PAF would complete its squadron of JF-17 jets. The project has two aims one is to ensure national security and second is to strengthen Pakistan Aviation Industry, he said.

We would also sell JF-17 thunders to other countries, he said while lauding the role of China in development of PAF.

He hoped that the technician of PAF would come out to the expectation of nation by introducing the new technology. No comprise would be made on country’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, Rao Qamar said.

Speaking at the occasion, Vice President CATIC Lei Pay said today is a historic day because dream is going to materialize. At end of this year, assembling and flying testing of 6 JF-17 thunders would be completed, he said. We are facing several challenges but the Chinese Government would continue to collaborate with Pakistan, he said. The project would boost the Sino-Pak friendship, he said.

Addressing the ceremony, Chairman PAC Air Marshal Farhat Hussain said total 40 JF-17 thunders would be prepared in Kamra. 12 JF-17 thunders would be prepared by 2010, 15 to 20 by 2011 and after 2010 all the JF-17 would be prepared in Pakistan, he said.

"Pakistan would also get 6 "AWANICS" (may be trying to say AWACS?)technology and state of art radar system from China and 85 percent work with regard to purchase of weapons and parts of JF-17 thunders have been completed and we would be able to complete the project at stimulated time", he said.

I saw that yesterday at geo thought to share with you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
its the other way around - first A2G and then A2A ! - remember the first JF-17 sqdn will replace a A-5 sqdn which has a A2G role!

You probably have a better knowledge of it than I do. I was just quoting from Defensenews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom