What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, i have heard news since the Mubai bombings Russia has put serious pressure on China to hault all military exports to Pakistan which include Russian system such RD93 engine for the JF 17 etc. Do yoy guys have any knowledge of this, my sources say that the Chinese have not managed to put forward an engine which could have the same performance as the RD93 for the JF17 which has now threatened the JF17 program as well as the FC20 Purchase?

Hey guys, i have heard news since the Mubai bombings Russia has put serious pressure on China to hault all military exports to Pakistan which include Russian system such RD93 engine for the JF 17 etc. Do yoy guys have any knowledge of this, my sources say that the Chinese have not managed to put forward an engine which could have the same performance as the RD93 for the JF17 which has now threatened the JF17 program as well as the FC20 Purchase?

This must have been published in the 'Evening Special' of India.

Don't pay attention to such hog wash unless you are an Indian ;)

This is the same guy who said PA views AK and Zarrar tanks as failures. I doubt his sources are credible.

Dear RS4,

I tell you of a bloody failure and that is the LCA. So please open a thread about this project and we shall add our worthy comments in that thread.

8 G-Limit is also good. a pilot generally experience 3-6G maneuverability in a jet.

thats usefull, all the specs seem to be great on paper and inshallah they will be equall usefull in practical, specially with the man behind the machine being a PAf pilot which are certainly the best!

one thing in which i guess this machine lacks a bit is the thrust to weight ratio which is somewhere as 0.95 or less. its not the worse but can definately be improved and this will enhance the abilities of the jet.
remember the ratio for
F16 with a F110 engine is 1.095
F 15 1.30 (the best so far)
J 10 0.98
HAL tejas LCA 1.07

maybe it need some improvement, perhaps more use of light composite material in airframe!!
the other option is obviously use of more powerful engine but it will be quite a job!!

do paistan offer anyother country jf 17 if yes why they are so late

It's now December, the end of 2008; what is holding back PAF from making the JF-17s operational ? I wonder if the rate of production at the PAC is still 10-12/year. PAC should go on a warfooting, things don't look good for Pakistan, the vultures have become too dangerous.

It's now December, the end of 2008; what is holding back PAF from making the JF-17s operational ? I wonder if the rate of production at the PAC is still 10-12/year. PAC should go on a warfooting, things don't look good for Pakistan, the vultures have become too dangerous.

The vultures never rest. They just wait for the right moment. That is the real definition for vultures. The onl difference is how long you can survive. And that means a little more then shouting hot air in international papers.

A jf17 more or less is not important. It is what damage will be for the international world. They cannot afford the risk. Not now and not tomorrow.

Originally Posted by RS4

made in india joke:rofl::rofl:

realty is russia warn india to impose war on pak ;)

Well, Russia gave Ghorskov for free... Now it is one the most expensive non active vessel... We will see if i ever reach the Indian shore. Will it have the same fate as Arjun or LCA? Will it be useful in any conflict with Pakistan? Nopes. If major cities are in reach of most weapons then cost is only handy for long term war. There will be no time to move that ship to the right place.

RD93 is jus temporary. JF17 will be able to switch if needed.

Well, Russia gave Ghorskov for free... Now it is one the most expensive non active vessel... We will see if i ever reach the Indian shore. Will it have the same fate as Arjun or LCA? Will it be useful in any conflict with Pakistan? Nopes. If major cities are in reach of most weapons then cost is only handy for long term war. There will be no time to move that ship to the right place.

RD93 is jus temporary. JF17 will be able to switch if needed.

I will not comment on Ghorskov as it is out of the remit of this discussion. RD93 is a tempoary measure and the Chinese vesion of it called WS13 is 2-3 yrs away from full production. THe Thunder was designd to accomodate engines of dsifferent origins and in this regards M53/3 M88 and J2000 are engines under considerations. Most posters have pointed to M53/3 as the likely engine in case of delays with the Chinese project.
Araz

I will not comment on Ghorskov as it is out of the remit of this discussion.
Araz

India-Russia-Pakistan

I still see logic between Ghorskov deal between India and Russia and he indirect deal of Russia through China for Pakistan of the RD93.

So either they will deal in te future direct, find China to do the relabeling or even production...

Nothing personal.

do paistan offer anyother country jf 17 if yes why they are so late
For super falcon

Nov 28/08:
Pakistani Ministry of Defence Production Secretary Shahid Siddiq Tirmizi iclaims that as many as 8 countries have shown interest in buying the JF-17 Thunder fighter. Azerbaijan, Sudan, and Zimbabwe are 3 countries that have been linked to export interest in the past. A Pakistan Defense article widens that potential field to include Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, Iran, Lebanon, Malaysia, Morocco, Myanmar, Nigeria, and Sri Lanka. The News International.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom