Not open for further replies.
well what options are there?

P&W = NIL
GE = NIL
RR = MAYBE
SNECMA = POSSIBLE
CZECK = MAYBE
CHINESE = LOOKS LIKE NO

SNECMA will be most suitable option, as PAF has three decades experience of using and servicing them.

Some modified version of SNECMA engine used in Mirage 2000 will be the best option.

how about getting RD33K instead of RD93?? RD33K is more cleaner and efficient engine with about 1000lbs more thrust than previous versions.(estimated at 53,96 kN without, and 86,33 kN with afterburners)

how about getting RD33K instead of RD93?? RD33K is more cleaner and efficient engine with about 1000lbs more thrust than previous versions.(estimated at 53,96 kN without, and 86,33 kN with afterburners)

RD33K, is i think engine of Mig-35.

So getting this latest version from Russia might be very difficult.

As mentioned earlier,the reason for western Engine swtich is that, life span of Russian engine is 1/4th of western engine.

Western engine, hmmm it seems that we are looking to cripple our JF-17 project by inducting a western engine in it. Engine is an important factor and other then the current version of the RD-93 or perhaps the chinese equalivent to that, we should not go for any western engine no matter how attractive the offer is. The lost decade should be remembered in this regard by the PAF top brass. My opinion is that we should get directly involved with the russians over the engine issue and perhaps convince them to develop a new version of the RD-93 with more thrust and smoke free. Russians seening the potential of this aircraft will not held back just to please India.

The lost decade should be remembered in this regard by the PAF top brass.

They still remembered that!

Thats why they cut the F-16 order to accommodate for J-10's.

I think French engine deal with TOT would be a better option. As ACM said that he is not satisfied with the performance of these Russian engines.

I think French engine deal with TOT would be a better option. As ACM said that he is not satisfied with the performance of these Russian engines.

SNECMA engine with TOT?? Impossible! they may get assembling of that engine but parts will be imported from France. may be PAF wait 3-6years till WS13A comes up with more thrust and engine life.

They still remembered that!

Thats why they cut the F-16 order to accommodate for J-10's.

No way. The current infrastructure in Pakistan does not have the capability to develop an engine even with the TOT. The max we can do is to assemble it or perhaps overhaul it like we do to the mirages but not manufacture it.
Also as for not being satisfied with the russian engine, i think much has got to do with the smoke issue but like i mentioned we can get into a direct negotiation with the Russians and perhaps come up with a new version of the RD-93 smoke free and with more thrust added to it. There was a rumor about RD-93b being developed with 10% more thrust and completely smoke free.

The max we can do is to assemble it or perhaps overhaul it like we do to the mirages but not manufacture it.

Thats more than enough. Agosta is said be built in Pakistan under TOT, but its also assembly of major imported parts from France and some parts manufactured locally.

BTW as far as i know, PAkistan do manufactures some parts of Mirage engine, bcoz they are not available elsewhere.

Western engine, hmmm it seems that we are looking to cripple our JF-17 project by inducting a western engine in it. Engine is an important factor and other then the current version of the RD-93 or perhaps the chinese equalivent to that, we should not go for any western engine no matter how attractive the offer is. The lost decade should be remembered in this regard by the PAF top brass. My opinion is that we should get directly involved with the russians over the engine issue and perhaps convince them to develop a new version of the RD-93 with more thrust and smoke free. Russians seening the potential of this aircraft will not held back just to please India.

I think you will find that the French are a lot more accomodating than the rest of the world. PAF has had good working relations with them and are ho-ping that these will continue. Plus if the engines that the russians have supplied are not good qualitatively, how is embarking on a new engine, to be designed , going to make things better.Plus the time factor and Russian willingness also has to be taken nto account. If you remember there have been news in the past about Indians being unhappy at the quality of engines provided in their MKIs. So all in all your choice boils down to either EU or China. If the chinese engine has qualitative issues, then your options become limited.
Araz

Other than ACM interview, DAWN news broadcasted a new documentary about JF-17.

In which they got views from PAF pilots,Technicians and other people about this new plane.

That documentary also showed JF-17 in PAF service.

One thing i noticed is that, jf-17 is quite different from the plane that flew on 23rd march 2007 parade day.

Front nose looks very slim and looks like clone of F-16 nose. and Aircraft also looks slimmer and agile.

Accord soon with China on JF-17 jets

By Arshad Sharif

ISLAMABAD, Sept 6: Pakistan and China are ready to sign a contract for serial production of the first batch of forty-two JF-17 Thunder aircraft after 10 months of deliberations on the configuration of different parts of the planes.

In an interview with DawnNews TV, Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed said Pakistan had already received eight JF-17s and added that production of the 42 aircraft was likely to be completed by the end of 2010.

He said JF-17s had Russian RD-93 engine installed on them but Pakistan Air Force was looking for some western engine for the new batch of the aircraft. He said the life of the Russian engine was almost one-fourth as compared to the western engines.

The air chief said that since President Nicolas Sarkozy had assumed office the French had changed their policy towards Pakistan and were now willing to offer Air Borne Radar RC-400, mission computer and other equipment for the JF-17s. The PAF is evaluating the French offer.

Accord soon with China on JF-17 jets -DAWN - Top Stories; September 07, 2008

"Pakistan and were now willing to offer Air Borne Radar RC-400, mission computer and other equipment for the JF-17s"

I don't like the idea that Pakistan buying from another country ,lets hope in the future that Pakistan can make its own equipment for their miltary in the future instead of relying from the west.

"Pakistan and were now willing to offer Air Borne Radar RC-400, mission computer and other equipment for the JF-17s"

I don't like the idea that Pakistan buying from another country ,lets hope in the future that Pakistan can make its own equipment for their miltary in the future instead of relying from the west.

not as easy as being said.. Pakistan and heck even indian R&D in defence field are at lest 2-3 decades behind Western or even russian chinese... france is reliable market and even during 90s sanctions on pakistan... France still provided us Subs ToT without any hurdles..
French package is just perfect for JF-17s... though it would be great if a more advance radar RDY with associated mission computers etc could be procured..

A.o.A sir,
We will be looking forward anxiously.

I am sorry yar I will email him in 24 hr. Problem is that those photos have water mark of my son which he took in flight. So he needs to take them off. will do it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom